Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A bouqet for you!




Hello friends!  Sorry I have not been very active on my blog lately, but I had another busy weekend, and yes, I am also getting ready for the Aug. 1 release at Our Daily Bread designs, which I have to say is going to be one of my favorite releases ever I think!!!  However, today I did want to play along with the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week, which was to create a CAS card.  It was to be free and easy.  I recently got this image from  Inky Antics  and finally got to play with it.  I am learning to use my new Tim Holtz Markers, and this was a watercolor technique using them.  The image itself has the oval frame around it so I just hand cut that out and mounted it on the cuttlebug embossed dp (DCWV Garden Party).  I adhered that to SU! Kraft and my only embellishments are the pearls.  (GASP!!)  If you know me, you know CAS is NOT in my comfort level, and while I love the work of others that are CAS, I rarely like my own CAS attempts, so in some ways this was a REAL challenge for me, but I did have fun creating a card so quickly!  I used a Scripture on the inside that would fit many needs and is another of my favorites, from Our Daily Bread designs Scripture Collection 3



The Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge is based on Matt. 11:30:
"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

This has long been a favorite passage of Scripture for me.  I love the verses that come before it as well .... beginning with vs. 28.  Jesus says "Come unto me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  

Is there any burden heavier than that of sin and it's consequences?  If you have lived under that burden for any time, you know how it weighs you down!  The word picture in these verses is one of a pair of oxen, bound together by a heavy wooden yoke.  The  yoke binds the two together for the purpose of doing the work at hand.  When a team of oxen pull together even the very difficult work is easier for two than for one.  Jesus is calling to us to yoke ourselves to Him.  He will teach us what it is to really be bound to Him.  It is not burdensome... it is freeing!  Not only are we forgiven and freed  from the penalty of our sin, but our lives can be lived free from the worries and anxieties of  uncertain times, illness, pain, heartbreak and an unknown future,.... all of these will no longer be unbearable for us, because of the assurance we have of His promises, His comfort, His guidance, and His presence right there beside us.  Ultimately, all the things we worry about are things Jesus is willing to help us bear!  Sometimes He frees us from the fears, the pain, the loss, and sometimes He just gently leads us through them, teaching us and supporting us.... helping us carry those burdens and learn from them.  If you've experienced His rest and His help, you know what I am talking about!  If you haven't, He is calling you to take His yoke upon you now!  You can have rest, peace and freedom if you simply trust in Him!

I am entering this in the following challenges:

 Can you dig it - inspiration photo->>>>>>>>>>>>;
 Crazy Amigo Challenge - Free Theme, Jackson's Digital Expressions -Anything Goes, Shopping Our Stash -Something New (my stamp... first time out of the package!), Stamp n Plus  - Anything Goes, Tuesday Testimonials Linking Party  Always anything goes with Scripture (Scripture on the inside, and the post) , 
 Make it Monday - always Anything Goes, Word Art Wednesday- use a Scripture or encouraging sentiment, or the free digi Scripture given on the site. ( My Scripture is on the inside and in the post rather than the front of the card.... I hope that's OK)


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'll visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ blog to read the devotional on this Scripture this week!  It will surely bless you! 

 

35 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty, I like how you made your frame.

golf_meg said...

This card is just lovely. from Martha

Jennipher said...

Absolutely gorgeous Grace! I love your explanation of this Scripture. Thanks for linking to Tuesday's Testimonial.

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beautiful - and yes I thought you were very restrained in the making of this, but the result is as ever a joy to behold.
Blessings
Maxine

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, grace!

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Grace. Thanks for joining the CYDI challenge this week!

ParkNSlide said...

Wonderful card. I like what you say about card making being "other focused." Thanks for posting to the Stamp N Plus challenge.

Karen Letchworth said...

Thanks, Grace. This is just BEAUTIFUL, and I'm SO glad you were able to play along with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you're having an awesome week.
Blessing to you, Grace!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Becky said...

Grace, this is so beautiful! I love the simplicity and yet it is such a classic. I'm in a slump right now so this is just what I need to inspire me!

Sheila H said...

Beautiful CAS card! I love how you framed your image with it's lovely colors. We're glad to have you enter our challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions - thanks.

Bonnie Irvine said...

You've done a wonderful job using the watercolour technique with the distress markers. This card is a beautiful example of the CAS style. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Stamp N Plus.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card...

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! The CAS style really highlights the beautiful image and your wonderful coloring! Hope your summer is going well! Miss you! {{Hugs}}

Becky said...

This is beautiful! I love the embossing and love the paper, beautiful image too. :)

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

This is so VERY pretty, Grace! You did an excellent job on CAS, let the colors and patterns shine!

I just announced my first embossing folder line with Spellbinders! What a joy to work with them. Glad you are enjoying yours too!

Hugs and blessings to you my friend! I hope you are loving your summer!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so beautiful. I love the colors and the wonderfully colored image. Awesome embossing folder, too.

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the design and your coloring.

EllenaElizabeth said...

'For my yoke is easy and my burden light', I love this verse. Thanks for your wonderful words today. Like a soothing balm

tammy said...

Grace!!! WOW- I'dlove to learn how to use my Distress markers with an outcome like that:) You are so multifaceted and anointed!! be so blessed
~Beyond Measure
tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

tammy said...

Grace!!! I first looked at your project ---wrote a comment and then I read your post. BEAUTIFUL---simply BEAUTIFUL well---and powerful, too!!! You are also very anointed at sharing the Word, too:) Thank you so very much for shining His amazing light:) be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Sillyfilly said...

Grace this is a beautiful card. Such pretty coloring on the flowers. Your talent always amazes me.

Only By His Grace said...

Beautifully colored Grace. The embossed frame is gorgeous.
Hugs maz

Pia S said...

This is very elegant. What a lovely embossed frame you've used! Spotted your beautiful card on MIM.

Leslie Hanna said...

Beautiful card! I really like the embossing folder, and your water coloring is super! I have no patience for it. :)

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

nwilliams6 said...

This is stunning! Lovely stuff. Thanks for joining us at CYDI?!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Grace, saw this the other day and finally made it back to comment. You do CAS with the same elegance and detail you do every other card. Love this EF and your image is beautiful. You have used one of my favorite Psalms....it stretches six feet across the wall above where I stamp. Then your wise and wonderful words on Matt....perfect and exactly what I needed to hear. Hugs and thank you for being the blessing you are.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Grace!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love that embossing folder and your coloring is stunning!!
hugs,
Chris

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, such lovely coloring,great framing. I haven't used my markers for a watercolor feel yet, that is on my list, great verse!

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous card. Awesome coloring skills:) Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus this month.

Lisa Minckler said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! :)Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!

Traci M said...

Hi Grace!! I am a little late getting to you...but want you to know how much I love this card!! It is so fresh and pretty, and the markers you use give the main image so much texture! You really did a wonderful job with this challenge! Thanks so much for joining us ths week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! It's always nice to see a familiar friend's face in the gallery!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Grace! This is gorgeous! It has been a while since I had the pleasure of seeing your work and was so happy to see you enter a project in my challenge blog. As always, you make it look easy. I will always remember you as the lady who introduced me to The Outlawz, a place where I gained the courage to really pursue my card making. Thanks! And, thanks for sharing your project with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner and DT Coordinator
JDE

Helen said...

Beautiful card, Grace! I love the embossed background and that image is so pretty! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

amber said...

beautiful job with the tim holtz water colors! beautiful! :)