Thursday, December 31, 2009

MMSC34 Confirmed



Hello everyone!  It's New Years Eve and I FINALLY got a few minutes to play in my stamp room!  This has been quite the week for me but I'm happy to say I got to make a card for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.... and considering that I was just honored by being asked to be their Guest Diva for January...(Whoo Hoo!)   I just HAD to play!  Now this is the quickest card I've made in a long time!  It went together so quickly!  It was a fun challenge.

I am giving you another sneak peek at the January release from Our Daily Bread designs called Confirmation.  I stamped the image on Papertrey Vintage Cream with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, and sponged.  I used a QuicKutz embossing folder for my background, used a Sizzix leafy vine and bird die cut, and cut the bird once in chocolate and once in cream, then offset just slightly for a shadow effect.  I ran my corners through the big shot with the Cuttlebug Textile folder and added pearls.  CAS and quick!!!  It's all I had time for tonight but I am in need of masculine mailable cards, so this should help  fill the need!

Please stop by tomorrow morning, 8am EST for the Our Daily Bread designs Blog Hop!  There will be great prizes.... yes... several of them!!!!  You won't want to miss all the inspiration the Design Team will have for you either!

Thanks for stopping by and I sincerely hope you have a most blessed New Year!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Grace!! What a beauty!! LOVE the white and brown with the fabulous distressing!! The bird and branches go so well with that image too! WOW!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - congratulations on being the MMSC Guest Diva for January - what a blessing for us! I love this card, the B&W is stunning with that touch of Walnut Stain - it is my favourite Distressing Ink! Love the way you have used the sketch - fabulous, as are those new ODBD images - I will see you on the HOP my friend! Thanks for playing along with the MMSC this week and I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday!! Wahoo!! Happy New Year Grace {{{hugs}}}

Stephanie said...

Hi Grace!! Just stopping by to wish you a year filled with blessings! I was so excited to see that ODBD is now a member company at SCS...congratulations for being a part of that :) Happy 2010!!

America said...

WOW!!! CONGRATIULATIONS My Friend!! Also, this is such a striking gorgeous card!! Way to go!! I love it!

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty black and white scheme. The embossed background is nice and delightful!
Congratulations Grace!!! Your sure are a great person for the Guest Designer for MMSC. I bet you will have great fun working side by side with all of the fantastic DT. Have fun and look forward to see your upcoming creations :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

peggysue said...

Grace, I don't care if it was a quick card or not, it is a beauty. And congratulations on being the guest designing diva at MMSC, well deserved. Wishing you a blessed new year, what a packed year this has been and one gift I've received was the discovery of your blog. Thanks for sharing your creations and your heart.

JazzyH said...

That is stunning!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I don't know how I missed this post but I did!! Stunning Grace!! Awesome take on the sketch!! Love your colors and design!! Gorgeous use of Confirmation. You inspire me so!!

hugs,
Chris

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Welcome Grace and thank you for accepting your Jan. 2010 design team spot with us at Midnight Madness, we all have always enjoyed your fabulous creations.

Jane MMSC DT

Carin said...

Grace,
Left you a little something on my blog today.
Blessing & love to you, Carin

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace, I am so thrilled you will be joining us this month as our Guest Designer for January. I adore black and white cards and yours is a spectacular display of creativity. Very elegant....can't take my eyes off of it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. Have a Very Happy Cardmaking New Year!!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Kay said...

Happy New Year Grace! I thought I'd leave my comment here where you might see it rather than on the newest post with 178 comments! Wow!!!
Looking forward to visiting you in 2010.

Denise @ kc242 said...

Grace this is such a beautiful card. So glad to hear that you will be joining us in January. I look forward to seeing more wonderful creations from you!
Denise
Midnight Madness Design Team

Kathy Jones said...

How did I miss this one??? What a gorgeous card - love the monochromatic look and all the texture!!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Grace, I'm so glad you are able to join us for Jan! We are so lucky to have you, such a talented artist! This peaceful Dove card is very lovely. Big Hugs ~Jeni

Priscilla said...

Hi Grace..made it by LOL What a wonderful take on the sketch..you NEVER disappoint :) WOW We are off to a great start in the new year. Please be sure to check in tomorrow for some of the new changes with our MMSC. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week and as always we love the inspirations our players give to us. Thank you :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess