Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Quiet Waters in Winter



Hello everyone!
I hope you all are doing well and you who make all your cards are getting close to finished up!  I have to admit that I am still behind and with all the other things going on lately I have to admit I might not get them all out on time.  That said, it's the thought that counts and I know my loved ones will understand!

Today is Tuesday, so it's the day Our Daily Bread designs focuses on one of the Design Team to spend time with.  We had one "vacant" spot so I thought I'd show you a card I made as a Christmas card for my Mother and Father in law.  Kelley sent the whole Design Team these Flower Soft Globes and cards with our December stamps... just to play around with.  I immediately thought of the past set called Quiet Waters.

I water colored the image which was stamped with Archival Jet Black on H2O paper. After water coloring I added Diamond Glaze to the stream, giving it a glossy icy effect, and while still wet I added fine glitter.  I added in Polar White Flower Soft to some of the grasses that are sticking up through the snow, and I painted the snow with Angel's Wings Shimmerz.  I then added fine glitter to the globe and inserted it into the precut card.  The card itself is a tri-fold... so it's so easy to use!  You insert the globe in the precut oval, add your design behind it.  I taped it all around to seal, then you fold a third panel over that and adhere so the back of the globe is covered.  Your sentiment then goes on the inside of the card as usual.  So easy and such a nice way to make a big impact on a special card.  To mail this card I used an old card box from {horror of horror} a store bought box of cards. LOL!

I used a sentiment from the Dec. set "His Gift".  I stamped that in VersaMark and then in Our Daily Bread designs Steel Blue Ink and clear embossed.  I cut that panel and sponged lightly with Steel Blue around the edges.  The frame it is on is a Spell Binder's Fancy Tag which I elongated by running through the Big Shot part way and backing out, then running through from the other side and again pulling back.  I used The Paper Studio brushed silver for the frame and the Designer Paper for this card is Moment Jack Frost.  I used the small snowflake from the Dec. ODBD set Peace & Joy, embossing the same as the sentiment, then cut out with my Spellbinder's Create a Flake die cut.  I layered them over a Martha Stewart snowflake punch in glossy white and added some bling and flourishes from an EK Success punch. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I pray your Christmas week is filled with happy moments, wonderful memories, and most especially time spent thanking God for His most precious gift... that of His son Jesus, who paid the price for our sins so that we could be reconciled to Him!  There is no greater gift... and in this time of high charge card balances, high stress, rushed time... THIS gift is totally free!  All you have to do is accept it!  He offers it to each one!

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."
Matt. 7:7-8

Be blessed this Christmas!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace this is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! LOVE all your beautiful details, LOVE the looks of your frame it looks like tinsel!!!! Beautiful snowflakes too!!!! I hope you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Hugs!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - what a gorgeous creation you have made here! I love the globe - that ODBD set is perfect to use with it - gorgeous colours and embellishments!! Your details are perfect Grace, as usual!! Thanks for all of the inspiration you have given me this year and for your wonderful gift of friendship!! God bless you and your family as you celebrate CHRISTmas! {{{hugs}}}

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is wonderful! Love this image and your beautiful detailing!

Merry Christmas and Blessings for a Wonderful 2010 to you and yours!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Have a merry christmas and a happy new year,''
Hugs Riet.xx

Connie M. said...

I SOOOOO LOVE this Grace! This image is just sooo prefect for a globe!!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and a blessed new year!! Hugs!!

FoundProdigalDaughter said...

I think that is the most beautiful homemade Christmas I've ever seen. Merry Christmas! God Bless!

Karen W said...

This is just stunning, I love what you did with this and the globe is perfect for this.

peggysue said...

Grace I declare I feel rested just visiting your blog. Everything you create is so lovely, this is no exception, what a peaceful scene! Thank you for sharing your talents with us. Wishing you a blessed Christmas and a very happy new year.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is so gorgeous!!! Love the deer in the globe! Such a quiet peaceful snow scene!!! Merry Christmas Grace! Thanks for all you do!

Gina Lindsay said...

Very pretty! I love the way you did the stream, it is very nice and looks so icy!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful wintry scene! Love the framing Grace. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Words can not express how gorgeous this is Grace!!! A real stunner!! Great scene and use of the flower soft globe!!

hugs,
Chris