Wednesday, December 9, 2009

MMSC31 - a Gift set for Christmas



Hello everyone!  I hope you are having a great week!

I made this set for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.


We were to use the sketch but also make an ornament or other gift idea to go with it.  I made an ornament using the same sketch.  The hardest part of this project was getting a good photo.  We have been having rain and clouds and all the sparkle on this set was hard to capture, but the sun "peeked" out a little bit today and I grabbed the camera!  I hope you can see the sparkle a little at least!



I used the Dec. release Our Daily Bread designs set Peace and Joy for my Snowflakes.  I stamped them in VersaMark and then Chocolate Chip, onto a soft blue paper from Memory Box dewfrost pack and heat embossed with Kaleidoscope EP.  I cut the large snowflake out with a Spellbinder's Label 3, and the small flake used to pop up the design with SB Create a Flake. I used Memory Box dewfrost designer paper for the sketch elements and mounted them on a Papertrey dark chocolate base.  I used Spellbinders the Fleu-de-lis Pendant cut twice for both the card and ornament and popped up in an offset pattern.  They are glittered with dazzling diamonds and are bright white, giving a little contrast to the soft blue panel the image is stamped on.  The ribbon is from M's and also wraps the paper mache ornament on the side.  The ornament is double sided, so both sides are equally pretty.

 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a blessed week!
Photobucket

27 comments:

Phyllis said...

Gorgeous card and ornament!! Beautifully done!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Crystal said...

Grace this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh my I LOVE your projects..what a gorgeous gift this will make someone VERY HAPPY!!!! Stunning work as always sweetie!

Connie M. said...

Oh Grace! This is just sooo pretty!! What a stunning set! Your layered snowflakes are AMAZING!!

Lovely Linda said...

This has "grace' all over it - amamzing Grace!! Your work is always so beautiful and elegant Grace - I love to see each project you make! Your colours are always gorgeous - these 'works of the heart' are like a 'breath of fresh air!' I am loving it! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week - we would love to see you on the Blog Hop this week - how cool if you won!! We look forward to seeing you next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Dawn B. said...

I love that EP Grace. It is beautiful. Perfect for this image.. Super job.. They got 8 inches of snow back home today..I miss it.

Jane Wetzel said...

Oh Grace...STUNNING...hugz, Jane :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Grace,
OMG, BEAUTIFUL - I love it.
Gaby from Germany

Becky said...

This is stunning Grace..

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! I just love the embossing powder, your colors and all the added details!! So elegant and beautiful!!! Who wouldn't love to receive these!! You are truly amazing my dear friend!
hugs,
Chris

Gina Lindsay said...

WoW this is just so pretty and would make such a great gift for anyone. All the details are just great.

Dawn said...

beautiful Grace!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely set! the snowflakes are just beautiful on this!

Riet said...

Ohh wowww Grace,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

JazzyH said...

I love the multicolor looks. Very pretty!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful card and ornament ensemble, Grace! Love the colors and the sparkle detailing!

cabio's craft corner said...

I enjoy my visit to your blog each time. what a nice treat for eye. Beautiful creation and thanks so much for joining us at MMSC and hope to see you again and again :o)
Hugs,
Cabio
MMSC GDT

Kelley said...

There are no words possible to describe how cool this is!! I would love to see it in person! Love the glitter along the edges!!

MariLynn said...

Grace this gift set is gorgeous.

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace this is splendid, I want to touch it feel it!!! The kaleidoscope embossing is spectacular on this snowflake. I am so excited you did a project. It is so much fun to open a blog and be taken in and captured by the sketch challenge projects done!!! So charming and just gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness this week. Good luck winning a prize!

Carol
MMSC-DT

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Hi Grace - this is absolutely stunning. I love the colors you used and the embossing is awesome.

Diane Noble said...

Simply stunning, Grace. Such a gorgeous design. Love your blog look, by the way! Festive! Blessings, sister. Just wanted to peek in and say hi!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I'm in awe, Grace! Gorgeous work, gorgeous!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Grace, another super stunning creation! I have seen this snowflake spellbinder used so many times this year and each creation with it is just beautiful. There is something about it that just pops out so beautifully and you have captured it in such a lovely way! Such a gorgeous set that would make anyone happy to have this! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. I hope you enjoyed the blog hop!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

peggysue said...

Grace that is gorgeous! I can always count on some loveliness and a treat for the eyes when I visit your blog.

Priscilla said...

What a beautiful set you have made here. Just gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing with us at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge. Looking forward to many many more entries from you :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Cindy Groh said...

Stunning. Great job:)

Lenoria said...

This is so beautiful and sparkly, love it!