Friday, February 26, 2010

Bind It All CD Book



 Hello everyone! 
I have been having internet issues and have had tons of trouble keeping my connection, so my commenting, posting and everything has been put on hold for a bit here!!!

Today I wanted to show you a little gift I made for a friend for her birthday.  This is a CD book.  I know she has a very high end camera and takes great photos, so I thought a pretty place to keep her photos might be fun.

I  covered some chip board with  EK Success DP on the outside and inside covers.  I bound it with 3/4" O Wires, and used my Zutter Bind It All.  I made a little tag using a sentiment from Our Daily Bread designs Friendship set.    I added some ZVA Creative pearls and some Prima flowers, ribbon from my stash and the Zutter Heart Closure.



On the inside I added a little pocket with a paper I lined so she can list what is on each CD.  The CD pockets themselves came from a local fun store that sells a little of everything.

I am entering this in:
Cupcake Challenge - Friends

Gingersnap Color Challenge - Use 3 colors you love (pink, green, and tan)
Totally Gorgeous - Flower power
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes
Incy Wincy - Touchy Feely
Practical Scrappers - Stamps
Totally Gorgeous - Flower Power
Cute Card Thursday - Touch of Metal

19 comments:

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

A CD book is such a great idea--I would never have thought of that on my own! It turned out really, really cute, Grace!

Lexi said...

Oh wow this is stunning...I love it! Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Unknown said...

Oh sweet Grace, this is the most wonderful gift idea! I love it! How thoughful of you! And what a way to dress that chipboard!
Thanks for playing again this week at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Heidi M said...

Hi Grace! What a gorgeous CD book! Your friend is going to love it. All of the details are wonderful. Thanks for joining our challenge at Practical Scrappers.

Heidi :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I absolutely love you book!!! Great job on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with Practical Scrappers!

lalkygirl said...

fantastic idea ,it is beautiful and i bet your friend loves it,thanks for joining us at lexis creations a,good luck in the challenge
lalkygirl x

Saskia said...

Wow! So beautiful and so creative! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations with this lovely work!

Saskia :)

Anneke klerks said...

BEAUTYFUL card

greetings anneke

Riet said...

What beautiful Grace,i love your papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

what a great idea to hold photo CDs, Grace! I really need to make one of these & then make a backup of all my photos on CD!

hope your internet problems are resolved soon :)

peggysue said...

Grace what a pretty holder. I like the inside pocket too, such great detail. Hope you enjoy your 'down' time until the internet cooperates and rest your eyes from all the electronic gear the can be overwhelming. :)

Dawn B. said...

Oh she loved it..:) I already have it half full. Good luck with your internet.How frustrating.. We missed you today and need to reschedule..I bought enough for both of us..LOL..Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace!

What a beautiful gift! Those flowers and pearls on that aswesome paper are just delicious--
It even looks as if the flowers and pearls could be flowers on a cake, and the paper colors are so great together...that could be the frosting! LOL

I love your ribbons on the loop part. Oh, and a tiny heart on the clasp! You think things out so beautifully Grace, and then you have the talent to make your vision a reality!

You are a blessing to me...and anyone that looks at your work, of that I a sure.

His,
Traci S.

Anonymous said...

Oh Grace,

I forgot to suggest that you may want to put a "book plate" on the back. (I think that is what they are called.) They use them if you buy a book in someone's honor...

With To:
In Honor of:
Presented by: Made by:

That inside flap is beautiful!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the flowers and pearls.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I am sure Dawn loved it!!! What a great idea and beautiful design!! Perfect place for all her beautiful photos. You rock GF! Praying your internet issues get fixed soon!! TTYS!! Miss you!
hugs,
Chris

Gina Lindsay said...

What a great idea, I love that and may have to borrow that idea. Hope your internet connection is fixed soon!

Tracey said...

WOW! This is stunning, I absolutely love it :)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

Hugs
Tracey
x