Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sweet Peas for a Birthday


Hello I have been having a busy week!  I hope yours is going well! Today I'm showing you a card I made for a good  friend to give to his wife for her birthday. He wanted something special for her... feminine and pretty. I used Flourishes Sweet Pea set.  Their Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week is all about you... what you love, what makes you happy.  I love Sweet Peas and have wanted to play with this set for some time now.  The day finally came.  I stamped it three times and popped different blossoms up different amounts, and the entire image is cut out once and layered on to the pretty DP from BasicGrey's Porcelain Pack which I cut out with the Spellbinders Label #5.  I layered that onto Bassill Green Textured CS.  To make it a little more sparkly I painted the flowers with Shimmerz.  Love that stuff!!!  I used my new Martha Stewart Large Lattice Punch, ZVA pearls and ribbon from Papertrey on this easel card that was definitely inspired by one I saw some time ago by Cindy Haffner.  I also made this for the Fussy and Fancy Challenge this week to Dazzle them, and Paper Play's challenge to make a birthday card for someone special.

Thanks so much for looking!  I love knowing you stopped by!  Have a blessed day!

21 comments:

America said...

WOW, great layering, beautiful coloring. GORGEOUS design!

Chrissy D said...

Grace this is stunning! I love the colors and design. GORGEOUS! TFS!

Dee Jackson said...

WOW!! This is stunning! Thanks for playing in the FTTC54 this week :)

Crystal said...

WOW Grace those flowers are just soooo gorgeous!!!!!! Beautiful pearls!

Julie M said...

Beautiful card, Grace. I love all the flowers - very feminine and pretty. Your friend will love it.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Deirdre said...

Love the colours you used - so beautiful.

Love your card - thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay challenges this week. ♥

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Grace!! I found a computer and had to take a moment to say hi!!! Missing you!! I will be coming home tomorrow and will talk to you then!!

Your coloring is phenominal Grace!! This is just stunning!! So elegant and beautiful. I am sure Al's Coworkers wife loved it!!!! If not....you can send it to me.

big hugs,
Chris

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - this is totally gorgeous! I love the way you have used this set and the colours - the colours are gorgeous! Pearls are the perfect touch - what an amazing lady you are! I am sure it is a much loved card by the recipient!! Thanks for sharing Grace - God bless you!!

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowwww Grace,what a beautiful card,i love your mage and papers.
So gorgeous colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Grace, your card is so stunning!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Liz said...

Thanks for playing with Paperplay with this lovely card

Lizxx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card you've made here. You must be so pleased with it! The colours are so soothing and lovely. The layout is wonderful too! TFS
Beth Greco

Anonymous said...

Stunning card you've made here. You must be so pleased with it! The colours are so soothing and lovely. The layout is wonderful too! TFS
Beth Greco

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just beautiful, Grace! I love the colors and dp are so perfectly matched and the large punched border is wonderful.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Grace! Love these sweet peas and a great easel card!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Gorgeous Grace! Love the card -- and my birthday is next Thursday if you need to send another special card to someone! (BTW, I was there when Chris "found the computer" -- couldn't tear her away from it!!)

Lynette said...

Oh wow - this is VERY beautiful and VERY feminine! So awesome!! It will be treasured.

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh this is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! Love these sweet peas and your colours/papers/punch are just perfect!!!

Krista said...

So elegant! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Stephanie said...

Your friend's wife is one lucky duck to receive this...smart man to call on you for the card!! It's absolutely beautiful, Grace! I think the MS Large Lattice punch looks FABULOUS, too :)

Juanita said...

Beautiful, love the color combo.