Monday, August 16, 2010

Farewell Kristine!


Today is bittersweet... sad because Kristine Breach has decided to step down from the Layers of Color design team, and we will all miss her and her gorgeous creations very much, but sweet because as sisters in Christ we know our bond will never be broken and we know God will use Kristine however He leads her from here. I will truly miss Kristine's remarkable talent with these gorgeous stamps... so today I'm sharing a couple of my favorite of her creations while designing for Layers of Color. The card above just grabs me... it's such a simple design but she has so beautifully used the designer paper to set the background for the lovely image from Nature Walk and for this wonderful verse.

The card below is my all time favorite of Kristine's!

Isn't this the coolest card? I love how she used the Vintage Rose Art Stamps to make this gorgeous teacup card! I so want to case this one day! I have a teacup that looks a lot like this!!!

Kristine... I'm truly going to miss you on the design team! Your art has been such an inspiration to me and I love your style!!! I also love your heart... a true heart for the Lord! I do hope you'll pop in from time to time on SNR to share with us one of your creations.... because they always inspire me and leave me amazed!

The Lord be with you in all you do Kristine! He has gifted you with amazing talent and a strong faith... I know He has big plans for you! One of the reasons I picked the top card today was because that was the first verse I thought of to leave you with today! It expresses my heart!

Prov. 3:5&6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not on thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."

To see more of Kristine's fabulous "LOC favorite artwork", please visit the following blogs:

Laura Campbell (LOC Owner)

Janice Whiting

Linda Lucas

Melisa Waldorf

Nina Brackett

Blessings,

5 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

"Farewell" our dear friend! You've brightened our days and our art with your shining faith and art!

I too adore these two cards. They are gorgeous and creative!

I know you'll be a blessing to all those you work with, as you have been for our design team.

It may be Farewell, but we've all gained a new Sister in Christ!

HUGS!

Hugs to you as well, Grace. A beautiful scripture for Kristine! I love your heart and your faith!

MariLynn said...

Grace, what a sweet farewell to Kristine. I loved this teacup card too. Kristine, I agree with Grace and Laura, that our being sisters in Christ, we are going to have a long time in eternity to get to know eachother better. I know you will be missed.

Kristine said...

Oh my goodness... I had no idea all of you girls would be throwing this farewell party and sharing my cards! You are totally showering me with LOVE today and I'm teary-eyed as I sit here at work! You have been such a blessing to me Grace. I will miss being on DT with you. I know how busy things get and it's tough enough to be connected on a weekly basis with your own DT's let alone anyone else. I will miss you all very much, bUT, we know where to find each other... and we will meet one day face to face! Thank you for being a wonderful friend. {{HUGS}}

Helen Dooley said...

Gorgeous cards! Really truly beautiful.

Jennie said...

Lovely and original designs and love the verses you shared Grace! Kristine is a true inspiration and these cards are lovely :o)