Monday, August 9, 2010

LOC Stencils and techniques



Hello everyone!  I have a project to share with you today that was really fun!  I used two of the different Layers of Color Art Stencils, and the Touch of Elegance Art Stamp Set.I used a $1.00 wood frame from Micheal's and painted it with a cream colored acrylic paint.  I glazed it with Plaid Antiquing Medium.  This went down into the grain and gave the wood a lot of depth, though the photo doesn't show that.  I then used the Victorian Corner Art Stencil from Layers of Color, and holding it in my corners, I sponged with Walnut Stain (Tuskineko).



For the inside of the frame I first made the designer paper for the background.  I used basic black card stock and a glue pad and the Belle Brocade Stencil.  I rubbed glue from the glue pad over the stencil that was laid on top of the black paper, then I poured tan flocking over it and tapped off the excess.  The result is a flocked and gorgeous background.  The photo does not do it justice.  I had this idea I wanted to add a piece of old jewelry to the center but never did come up with just that right thing, so I made this little medallion using the LOC Touch of Elegance Art Stamp set, stanped on tan paper and heat embossed with black EP.  I popped this up on dimensionals over a die cut from a Spellbinder's Contemporary Heart Die cut set.  I added a black pearl in the center. 


Thanks so much for looking!  I love reading your comments!
Challenges I'm entering this into:

Cupcake Challenge - Distressing (Distress Inks)
Cute Card Thursday -Whatevah
Dutch Dare Card Challenges~ anything goes
Stamping Royalty - Create  your own dp (I flocked mine)
OCC - Embossing (heat embossed center)

18 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is absolutely gaw-juss!! The detail is amazing and the colours
subtle but strong. I can see the flocking and it is such a great look!!

Blessings
M

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful Work! Great patterned paper. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Shanda Stirk said...

This is really amazing - great job of making your own DSP on that frame! thanks for sharing it with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Crystal said...

Thsi is GORGEOUS Grace...WOWWWEEEE I LOVE this project!

JaniceAileen said...

Grace-- wow! this is amazing! I'm sure irl the flock looks so chic! Love it!!!

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is fantastic!!! I love your little medallion.

Lori said...

What a piece of art! Grace, you make the most beautiful projects.

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Clare said...

Grace, you did a wonderful job on this! I love it!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh Grace this is gorgeous!! I am loving the Art Stencils!

Mickie said...

Grace this is stunning! I love the look of the wood.

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

Wow! I had to go back and re-read where you said you MADE the background for inside the frame! You just sort of said it. Let me re-word that for you...
"GRACE MADE the inside of the frame! lol It is so beautiful, and so professional. Wow! The whole frame is just wonderful.

Thanks for sharing this with me/us!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is an amazing project - every little detail is well thought out and fabulous. I'm not going to say I love this or that, because I love everything about it! Phenomenal job! Great work on the embossing challenge. So happy you could join in the fun this week with Our Creative Corner.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Grace - this is beautiful!!! So rich, elegant and regal looking!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I so love your frame!! What a great use of the stencil!! I love each and every detail!! You do such fun and fab projects my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

A most beautiful and unique project, Grace! Thank you for sharing your skills with us. I so admire your creative ideas and extraordinary work!

Jennie said...

Wow Grace, this is beautiful! Love the background and the stenciling is AMAZING!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cool Grace and looks beautiful.