Sunday, August 22, 2010

My strength forever

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge. This week our hostess is Cindy. She has chosen Is. 56:3 for today's Scripture

"When I am afraid, I will trust in Thee."

The challenge this week is to make something that represents what could be your life verse, a place where God has revealed to you that you can trust in him, something representing a turning point in your life, or just focusing on Psalm 56:3. This is more of an open challenge, something that only you understand. Be encouraged and remember those special "Jesus and me" moments when the Lord truly revealed Himself to you and praise Him for it.

I chose this verse from Psalm 73:26 "My health may fail, my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever." The Lord gave me this verse many years ago when I developed a physical problem. It was a frightening time, with a young child to care for and I ran to the Scripture for comfort and wisdom. This verse just jumped out at me and became my comfort through that and many other health issues since. It helped me put into perspective that precious thing we call "good health". It seems all important to us until it is threatened... and it was then that the Lord let me know that even if the worse thing were to happen... I did not need to fear, because I am His and He is mine forever.... and my physical health and life here on this earth pales by comparison. What's the worse that can happen to me? I might die? Well... for the Christian, that's far better according to Paul! So reminding me that whenever He calls me to leave this earth... I have something far better waiting for me than I can even imagine. Nothing can take that away from me! What freedom from depression and anxiety this realization can give! What's been especially precious about this verse for me is how many times I've been able to share it with someone else who is going through physical problems! Sometimes God just reaches down and gives us that special word we need and I believe that was the case that day! Right now our family is going through the process of losing a dear loved one (from this earthly body)... but we have such comfort and joy knowing that our loved one is going to see Jesus face to face, and will no longer be plagued with the physical problems of this temporal body! So even now, as we know that heart is growing weak... we take comfort in these words!

The Scripture on this card is from Our Daily Bread designs Customer Favorites Scripture Series 1. The Butterfly image is Layers of Color Flutterescent set stamped with a Big & Juicy Spectrum pad. The dp is DCWV Sweet Stack and the base is Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist. The corner punch is an old one by Fiskars and the die cut is Spellbinders Blossom. Ribbon is May Arts.

Our sponsor this week is
Sassy Studio Designs - The winner will recieve 4 free digis!


We'd love to have you play along! If you do, please leave a direct link to your card on the SSIC Blog and please link the challenge in your post!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!
Chris
Cindy
Linda
Randi
Peggysue
Miesje
Rebekkah
Lisa

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments bless my heart every day!



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each of the top ten pages that came up but didn’t get any relevant result... I then luckily found your diamond forum in the dirt and thought to check it out. This is what I wanted!

Cheers peeps at th-ink-ingofyou.blogspot.com and keep your great effort up.

[color=#990066][URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]bodybuilding[/URL] [URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]Sports Supplements[/URL] [URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]bodybuilding supplements[/URL] [URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]Sports Nutrition[/URL] [/color]

peggysue said...

Such true words Grace, that is a special verse to me as well. And the color gradient you used on this is gorgeous! What a great composition and by that I mean your written words as well as the card. Praying or you this week.

Becky said...

What a beautiful card Grace and wonderful verse and is speaking to me right now because of this journey if sickness this year for me. What a blessing you are.
Have a blessed week :)

Kim B said...

Beautiful card. I just found your site and so glad I did.
I am new to papercrafting and blogging. Please drop by sometime. I am always looking for new friends and/or followers.
Smiles to you,
Kim
http://agypsyangel.blogspot.com

Lori said...

The colors of this are so gorgeous, Grace! The elegant butterfly and pearls really make this come together, nicely!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful work, Grace!

Anonymous said...

Hi nice to meet you all, my name is Ernesto , I'm from as San Francisco. Sweet site, I hadn't noticed th-ink-ingofyou.blogspot.com before in my searches! Keep up the great work! Visit me at vintage barbie clothes

Dawn B. said...

Grace this is such a beautiful write up.. I love the insight you have given.. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. This card is perfect for the challenge. LOVE that Psalm.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - hat a pretty card - I love your scripture and that fabulous Layers of Color Butterfly! I always love to come and see what you share both visually and verbally! Thank you Grace! You are in my prayers! {{{hgs}}}

Anonymous said...

it is all about keeping it real =]

Kathy Jones said...

This is beautiful Grace - wonderful verse and the colours are so rich and vibrant!!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Wow, beautiful, Grace! I love the happy colors and Spring feeling! I have to admit, this is a new verse for me. Thank you, it's one I also can find rest in and lean on when health issues rise up and want to swallow me. This will help me keep my head above it all as I look to Jesus for endurance. God bless you my friend! You are a blessing to me!

Traci S. said...

Dear Grace,

Sometimes I can't tell which I like more the art, or what you are sharing! You have such a deep understanding of who the Lord is, and what His Word means. You are surely a gift to me...and I'm sure the others that seek you out here.

I love how you take this Scripture of pain, and unhappiness...and use bright colors and a beautiful butterly and bow to share the remainder of the Psalm. It is about Him. He is ours forever! He is our strength in everything!

I so love this card!

I am praying for you and your family, Dear Grace.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Melisa Waldorf said...

beautiful colors on that butterfly!