Friday, March 4, 2011

Rise and Shine Challenge


I made this for several challenges. Angie over on Christian Papercrafts Magazine is challenging us to a rise/shine theme. For the rise part I chose this new stamp set from Our Daily Bread designs called He Will Rise. I used the sketch from Sunday Sketch & Stamp . I used my Spellbinder's Grand Calibur to cut my circles (Spellbinders Standard Circles Small) and the inner square (Spellbinders Classic Squares Small). I love cutting more than one shape at a time with the Grand Calibur... something I never could do with any other machine. I stamped the image with Memento ink and colored with Copics. I then airbrushed the various layers. I popped up each layer on thin foam dots. I pierced around the frame, and added brads, thinking of the nails that pierced the Savior's hands and feet. For the punched element of the sketch I used my MS Pine Bough punch, because I thought it looked a bit like the thorns of the crown they placed upon His head. My base is Papertrey Dark Chocolate, the matting is SU! Pear Pizzazz.

I also incorporated the following challenges:
Critter Sketch - use a sentiment Dream Valley Challenges - anything goes I Did It Creations - Punches or Dies Sentimental Sundays - Anything goes but with a sentiment
Sparkles Forum - Pink, Brown and Blue Stamptacular Sunday - You've been framed
Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by a song Hymn- The Old Rugged Cross) Paper Take Weekly - Anything goes The Paper Variety - green Penny's Paper-Crafty - green For Fun Challenges - purple, green, yellow Southern Girls - Brads, gems or dewdrops Do You Stack Up? - use anything with green in it


Have a blessed day!

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely card. thank you for joining us at dream valley challenges xx

Cards By MI said...

What a wonderful card. Love your great colours. Thanks for playing with us over at FFC this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

patti west said...

Very lovely card!! Thank you for sharing w/us at The Paper Variety. :)

Becky said...

Grace, this is stunning! I love how you did this with the circle and squares.

Esther Asbury said...

I really enjoy following your blog -- you do such beautiful work! This card is gorgeous (as always) and I love the layering you did.

Patti J said...

What a beautiful card, Grace! And Mercy Me in the background is so peaceful and sweet! Love coming here, dear friend! Hugs...

Miranda said...

another beautiful card Grace, thanks for playing along with us at the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Tami B. said...

And rise He did! This is absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, just beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at SFC, good luck.

Huggies Angel

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Crystal said...

This is sooooo GORGEOUS Grace, LOVE the scene you created sweetie, absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!! I hope you are having a WONDERFUL Friday! Big Hugs!

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fantastic - thanks for joining us at IDIC this week
Hugs,
Debbie xx

mindy gallagher said...

such a wonderful card! thanks for playing along with us at TPV!

Lori said...

Wow! The sunrise coloring is gorgeous, Grace!!! I love this image, the 3 crosses on the hill at sunrise is so moving. Great job getting it into all of those challenges! ~hugs~ Lori

XXOO AMY said...

oh how beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at TPV!

Sprytebyrd said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is just amazing!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Pauline said...

Hi Grace: What a beautifully awesome creation, in so many ways! I love everything about your card... thanks for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges this week!
hugs, and blessings,
Pauline

Georgia Ehrmann said...

beautiful card! Thank you for playing at IDIC this week! We hope to see you again next week!
Hugs,
Georgia

Courtney said...

This is beautiful Graace! Thank you for playing along with us at Penny's this week. Good Luck!

Courtney~

aqualeiga said...

Beautiful! I can see how much thought has gone into making this card. I love the paper-piercing, and immediately thought of the vrown of thorns when I saw the pine bough border (before I had even read your post!) Thanks so much for sharing it with us at FOR FUN challenges this week.

Hugs, Ali x

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful Eater image - thank you

kitten DYSU team

Crystal said...

Wow, the airbrushed background is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love your colors and the airbrushed background!! Gorgeous Easter card my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Gem said...

this is such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at I Did it Creations! Gemma :)

Only By His Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
Hugs Maz

jackiescrafts said...

Hi
What a brilliant card for Easter I love it
Thanks for joining in at SFC this time

Jackie x

Chrissy D said...

Love the blues and greens. What a comfort to know that the meaning behind these images is so much more than "pretty" but the gift of our salvation! TFS!

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is just amazing x

Thanks for playing along with us @ For Fun Challenges.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

beautiful card! thanks for playing the critter challenge.

Doreen said...

This is quite stunning Grace.Thanks for sharing this with us at Sparkles.xxx

Mani said...

Hi.
This is a beautiful card. I love the image.
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.
Manuela

Meera said...

Ohh wow great colours. Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun.

x Meera x

DIANA L. said...

What a super job you did on that card!!!!!!!
I have a give away over on my blog you might be interested
http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

cardmaking bird said...

Great card. The sunset background is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Southern Girls this week. Hope to see you again soon! Marie x

Autumn said...

This is fantastic!! I love the layers and beautiful coloring Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!
xxAutumn