Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Springtime Birthday Blessings


Hello friends!
Tonight I have a Birthday Card that I made today. I used Our Daily Bread designs' Happy Birthday set for the sentiment, and the new release stamp set, Eternity for the frame, along with the Custom Die Cut made exclusively for ODBD by Spellbinders, Label 1. I also used the Magnolia image by Just Inklined that was included in the Help for Katie digis given as a gift for all who donated to help fellow stamper Katie Renz. While that particular drive is over, you can still help dear Katie out as she battles stage 4 stomach cancer HERE.

I used this week's sketch from BasicGrey Challenges turned on it's side for my layout. The base is Papertrey and the designer paper is BasicGrey Curio. The die cut and matching frame stamp are from ODBD (Eternity Set, just released Mar. 1). I stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and sponged with THoltz Antique Linen all over the vanilla cs. I sponged the edges with Memento. I printed out the Magnolia image on Georgia Pacific White and colored with Copics, then cut out and sponged the edges with Memento to antique it a bit. I popped up the label and flower. I dyed the seam binding using Alcohol Inks in Shell Pink, Terra Cotta and Caramel, along with some Blending Solution. I used 2 CB folders for the texture and sponged them as well. I added some pretty lace that was a gift from my sweet friend Sabrina. The pearls are ZVA Creative, the charm is from my stash.

This is also for the following challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges - Flowers
Little Claire's - Anything Goes
One Stop Craft - Spring Flowers
Shannon's Sentiments - Fussy Cutting
Stamptacular Sunday (must stamp) - You've been framed
Stamps R Us - For the Girls
Paper Playtime - Anything goes with a Digi
Lexi's Creations - Flowers
KB Cute monday - anything goes using a Digi
Incy Wincy Designs - spring is in the air
Crazy Challenge - Here comes spring
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - flowers Everywhere!
Paper Take Weekly - Anything goes + (optional) something old (the charm)
High Hopes Stamps - Female Birthday
Everybody-Art-Challenge - Spring
Digital Tuesday - (include a digital element) - Celebrations
Desert Island Crafters Challenge: Make it square, hand colored image, Birthday theme
Bearly Mine - - Birthday card
Shelley's Images - Ribbon
Stampin B's Designs - Flower

33 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Grace, this card is so beautiful!! I just love the Curio paper and all of those fabulous embellishments you've added! I think I might have to check this challenge out!! ;D. Hugs my sweet friend, Sabrina

Kristine said...

GORGEOUS card Grace!! Oh, there's that beautiful paper again! I looked for it on my last visit to Michael's but they didn't have it :( LOL! God telling me I didn't "need" it I suppose. But I sure love seeing it on your creations! Hope you're having a blessed week! =) HUGs!

valenbergia said...

So beautiful!!!!))))))))

Eseniya said...

Какая красота!!! ))

Carol S. said...

This is such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Little Claire for our first challenge. Carol S. LCDT xx

Dawn B. said...

Gorgeous card Grace. That paper is some of my favorite. I love the die shape. It is fun to have the shapes that coordinate with your stamps. We are all healthy here. I hope it stays that way. I never really got sick other than one day. Maybe allergies. See you soon. Hope your week with Lauren has been fun.

Crystal said...

Oh my word this is absolutely BREATHTAKING!!! LOVE these colors Grace!!

Nannieflash said...

Hi this card is gorgeous Grace, simple design but with a fabulous result. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Anonymous said...

Your card is just beautiful! I love the combination of colors and textures. Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments challenge.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Grace!! This is stunning my friend!! I just love the Curio paper with those beautifully colored Magnolias!! The color combo, details, and design are gorgeous!! Wowzer!!
hugs,
Chris

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh my Grace!!! This is so beautiful!!!! That paper is gorgeous as is the seam binding! You dyed it a beautiful color!!!

Becky said...

OH MY Goodness Grace, this is just stunning my sister! Those flowers are gorgeous and the design paper is just perfect with this.

Jak Heath said...

I lurve the card you made with our digi stamp, thank you so much for letting me see your card.

Francie G. said...

Oh my goodness, Grace this is gorgeous! WOW!

Céline said...

amazing card, love the combo and image
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Alison said...

This is just lovely! You worked with a beautiful color palatte and your flowers are colored perfectly. Thank you for playing along with the Desert Islands Crafters Challenge!

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

Congratulations! You have won the Card of the Week over at the He IS Able blog! Your card should be arriving during the beginning of next week! Enjoy!

And, your card is incredible! I love the coloring of the images. That paper is gorgeous, too. I can't find it locally. I will have to see if ODBD sells it! I love the dark colored embossing, and the beautiful lace and ribbon. When it comes to ribbon--you sure know what you are doing! This is beautiful!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card Grace. It's been a while. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today - it's so appreciated.

Edna x

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers, Grace, this is GORGEOUS!! I've been hoarding that paper, but you've inpsired me to use that digi with it!

jimlynn said...

So very beautiful! Love the lace and ribbon together. Gorgeous! Love it
Thankd for playing along at Stamps R Us challenges.
Lynn

JennyKozar said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime.

uksharon said...

Gorgeous card love every element.
Thank you for entering out blog hop - Good luck.
Sharon

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

What a gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at Bearly Mine......

Hugs
Judith

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Grace! I love the DP and embellishments and the beautiful Magnolia! Wonderful coloring and design! Looking forward to seeing you next week! Hugs!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Grace what an absolutely stunning card! WOW!!! I love the beautiful BG Curio papers you have used and the peach and brown is such a scrumptious colour combo! The embossing is gorgeous and adds so much texture and beauty and the floral image is stunning too! Love the luscious seam binding bow! Thanks so much for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges!
Hugs,t

Lori said...

Short comment...Extreme beauty!!!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Grace this is such a beautiful card. Love the colors. Very well done;

Lisa said...

This is truly beautiful Grace! I love the embossing and the pretty flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

Only By His Grace said...

Oh my!
This card is sensational. I love how you have chosen the DP to work so perfectly with your flowers. Coloring is exceptional.
hugs maz

Chrissy D said...

Love the soothing colors on this Grace- I agree with Lori - extreme beauty!

*Ang* said...

Fantastic Card Grace! Great use of our itinerary. Thanks for sharing at Desert Island Crafts. Hugs, Ang x

debby4000 said...

Oh what an adorable card, love the flowers.
Thanks for joining us at EAC this week.
luv
Debby

Taylor said...

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us over at Desert Island Crafters!!