Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tulips in the Window


Hello friends!
Today I have a quick card to share. I made this for several challenges, including the Shabby Tearoom Challenge which was to take inspiration from this photo:
Classic Elegance!



Design a card or project using RED, WHITE (OR CREAM) AND BLACK!

I drew my inspiration from the colors and also the checked patterns. What a pretty kitchen!

I used this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs, Tulip Corner and stamped with Memento ink, and colored with Copics (R14,24,29 &46) and G99, 94 and 82). My card stock is Flourishes. It's very white and I love it! I used Spellbinders Label Thirteen in two largest sizes to create my frame from Basic Black. I used a Sizzix embossing folder (sorry I don't know the name). The ribbon was from my stash. I attempted this week's Double Embossing technique on SCS but failed so my center panel is cut out. I lightly colored the bg with B000 to pop my colors a bit. I also used today's IC274 on SCS.

I also incorporated the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge - "R" is for ribbons, Delicious Doodles - make the card/project YOU would like to receive, Simply Create - power of flowers, Stampin For The Weekend - Spring, Craft Us Crazy - anything that reminds you of nature, Cute Card Thursday - signs of Spring, Delightful Challenges - welcome Spring, Do You Stack Up? - use anything with green in it, Stamp Insanity - lots of texture, Fab 'n' Funky - spring, Scrapbook Sisters - Spring, Oldie But Goodie Challenge -Spring is in the Air, Paper Take Weekly - Anything goes, Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by a song (Tip Toe through the Tulips... hipie days!), Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Spring - flowers Everywhere!, Crazy Challenge - Here comes spring, Incy Wincy Designs - spring is in the air, Lexi's Creations - Flowers,


41 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my, Grace - this is gorgeous!!!! You have rocked this challenge, my friend! Hugs...

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Gorgeous-ness Grace!!!! Gorgeous-ness!!!

Eseniya said...

Шикарная открытка!!! Очень красиво и элегантно! ))

Denise said...

Stunning card - beautifully coloured and very elegant. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

lalkygirl said...

stunningly elegant card ,beautifully coloured too,i love it
thanksfor joinimg us at lexis and good luck
tracey x
ps there is candy up for grabs on my blog

ChristineCreations said...

Red black and white is such a striking combination....those red tulips are really wonderful Grace. Love the sweetness of the gingham ribbon too!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning creation Grace! Thanks for sharing it with us at Papertake Weekly this week. :)

Miranda said...

another pretty card Grace
thanks for joining us again at the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Renee said...

What a pretty card. Love the way it came out. Thanx for playing Incy Wincy this week. Hope to see you next week.
Renee DT

Basslady said...

your card is so noble and stylish!

GREAT job!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Cazro said...

A fabulous striking card. Love the colour choices and your tulips are coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining in at TIOT song title this week, hope to see you again. Cheers Caz

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Prettier than the picture, Grace! ~hugs~

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love the red and white and the embossing together. Such elegance. Hope you are having a good weekend my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Marcy said...

Oh wonderful! Love this embossing technique with the blank inside!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

heidy said...

Oh this is so beautiful!
Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week
Heidy

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hello sweet Grace, your tulip card is over the TOP!! So much beauty and elegance, this is one of those WOW cards of yours!! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Maria said...

Such a gorgeous card with beautiful tulips!!!

The Other Barb said...

I'm enjoying seeing the cards you make. The tulips card is striking!

Shelley said...

Very classy and elegant card. You nailed this challenge!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Grace
A gorgeous and beautiful card love the colour's,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Sherry Kushibab said...

Oh my what a lovely card. Colors are delightful. You have me a little worried as I was going to try that embossing showcased at SCS, guess if I try I better allow lots of time for playing with it. TFS

Elizabeth said...

Grace, this card is gorgeous. I've been really wanting to do black and white these days, not quite sure why. But since they aren't 'my' colors, I still have a hard time designing something with them. Your card has opened up lots of ideas for me, so - Thank You!
And thanks for the challenge link. One of the girls is a photography hobbiest and this is the kind of challenge she (and I) like!
Oh! I like the new background, too! Very Spring! =)

Debbie said...

Very pretty, Grace ... simple yet elegant! Thank you for sharing your design with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Tenia Nelson said...

This is sooooo pretty!!!

~Jeri~ said...

Beautiful card! Love the flowers and coloring. Beautiful colors!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Grace!
your card is beautiful. I love your coloring. It looks so fresh and pretty.
hugs Maz

Chrissy D said...

Grace- I love how you have those tulips cut out. What a BEAUTY!

Unknown said...

That is so elegant - love it

kitten DYSU team

WeirdCat said...

Great spring card, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

majsan said...

This was just wonderful..So elegant :)
Loved the color combo. Makes it look so clean..
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT US CRAZY .
Hugs,
Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

Very pretty card, love the image.

Thanks for joining us at AC.

Huggies Angel

Donna said...

Beautiful flowers! Great embossing! Thanks for playing along with Delightful Challenges. I hope you will play again next week.

mckinkle said...

Understated elegance Grace, my favourite colour combo too so I am very attracted to your beautiful card!

Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Delicious Doodles.

Keryn :)

Teri said...

Such an elegant card hun! Lovely!
Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri xx

karen said...

Such an adorable card. Glad you chose to share it with us at Scrapbook Sisters card challenge. xxx

Berry said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for joining in our nature challenge at CUC! Hugs Rebekah xx

Beth said...

Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! WOW! Thank you so much for sharing your touchy-feely awesomeness with us at StampInsanitY!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Unknown said...

Brill card, thanks playing along with DD this week, hope to see you again
hugs
Ildiko

Linda said...

What a stunning card you have created!!
Thank you for joining us at Simply Create for our flower challenge...hope to see you for our next challenge that starts tomorrow.

Mina said...

beautiful card, those tulips are stunning...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx