Sunday, June 10, 2012

By His wounds, we are healed!

Hello my blogging friends! I hope you are all doing well!

Today I have a card to share with you that I made for the sketch challenge this week on SCS.  I used one of this month's releases at Our Daily Bread designs, Crown of Thorns.  I find this set to be soooo moving and powerful!  The Scriptures that are included in the set are wonderful, and should make all of us who know the Lord as our Savior grateful to our very core!


Really,  the verses in this set give the full plan of salvation for all who will hear!  I love the one from Luke, where Jesus while on the cross, in unbearable pain said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do".  What love!  Why is it that it's so hard for the world to accept His gift?  While we may never know the answer to that and many other questions, this side of heaven, this set does provide the tools to share that gift with others!

I used a base of Gina K Craft, and the designer paper is My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Portobello Rd.  I used a Martha Stewart bough punch which sort of reminded me of thorns, and then I stitched around the card with a "thorny" looking stitch on my sewing machine.  I added some twine and that was it.... very quick and very easy, but powerful, don't you think?  I love the long thin nature of this verse, as it would make a wonderful bookmark to tuck in when sending a card or gift to someone.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
 Challenge Up Your Life -  Inspired by a Book (Bible), Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes, Di's Digis Designs  Male inspired Creations,Word Art Wednesday - double prize week- use any Scripture or encouraging sentiment, or the freebie given on the website, Great Impressions Die Cuts and/or Punches


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Your visits and comments mean so much to me!  By the way... you may have noticed that my music no longer comes on when you load my page.  I have sooooo many people who write me asking where it went, as they love it so, but Playlist has stopped letting us imbed our music box any more.  Apparently there were some issues, including discussions with the record companies, which ultimately made that impossible to continue.  I have tried my best to find similar music and put it in my side bar so you may click on the play button and listen to any of the songs you select while visiting.  For those two or three who have mentioned preferring not to have to hear the music, this should please you as well, because it has to be turned on by each person who wants to hear it.  The music is all from UTube videos and some are the original artists in concert, so the sound might not be quite as perfectly mixed as the actual albums, but I hope you can still enjoy it.  If you have feedback feel free to write me or leave it in the comment section, but this was the only option I found for now.  All that said.... I hope you can still enjoy the worship music and that it blesses you while you visit!

Have a wonderful week!

Grace

17 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous and inspiring card, Grace! The stitched border really highlights your dramtic image and verse! Hope you are doing well! Miss you! Big hugs!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is stunning - the monochromatic look seems has really added emphasis and brought it to life.
Blessings
Maxine

Deloris said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Great Impressions Stamps.

Dell said...

All I can say is this card is "SPECTACULAR"!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Grace!
Your card is awesome. I love that verse of scripture and speak it out often. I love how you stitched around the frame with that stitch.
A set that I will have to get I think.
Thank you for sharing.
Love the music by the way.
Hugs Maz

Karen Letchworth said...

Grace: Your card is simly amazing. What a gorgeous stamp set. You did a wonderful job on this! Thanks so much for sharing it with us again in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We're blessed beyond words to have you join us and participate in the challenge.
Blessings to you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Cards By Jan said...

Awesome card Grace....Love your rendition of the thorns with the leaf punch, and your sewing both add that perfect touch!!
Hugs

Clare Curcio said...

Wow, Grace! What an awesome card! Well done!

Wendy Swenne said...

Beautiful card. Love the images. Love the stamps too.

Thanks so much for playing along with us on WAW.

Wendy

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace and such a wonderful reminder of what Christ has done for us!! Love the added punch detail!!
hugs,
Chris

berucrafts said...

wow, I am suprised... I wanted first make a card, inspired from the Bible, but I didn't find anything... but this is the best book ever ;OD God bless you and best luck... Thanks for playing with CUYL! Sorry, I hope you understand, what I mean...

Davi said...

That is a beautiful set of stamps and Grace your card takes my breath away! The stitching looks like thorns, the stud like nails and punched edge along with the scripture all is such a poignant reminder of the price that was paid for each of us.

Marimer said...

¡¡¡IMPRESIONANTE!!! ver esta increible obra tuya me ha dado un escalofrio, maravilloso trabajo.
Besitos.

Kelley said...

Grace, WOW! You captured the true essence of this set! LOVE the card. Hugs!

Manuela said...

Wow, what a stunning creation! Fantastic ...

Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely use of a punch on your great creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Great Impressions Stamps.

Sue Kment