Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pink & White Challenge - Happy Birthday!

 Hello my blogging friends!  Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!  I have something very different than my usual style to share today.  I created this card for Joan's Gardens Challenge, which was to use pink and white, an embossing folder, leaves as accent,  and to use a die to cut an opening in the front of your card.  This is what I came up with.

 I used some new toys, and a favorite set from Our Daily Bread designs, Birthday BlessingsMy base is Papertrey card stock, and I used a Memory Box Small Madison Window to cut my window frame out, cutting it twice so I could pop up a second frame on TINY pop dots.  Not sure if you can see them but here's a close up of the frame. I also used a Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes folder for my front, and punched the pink boughs from scraps of pink card stock using a Martha Stewart bough punch.  I added a tiny sheer dotted bow and left it very CAS.


For the inside I used Memory Box dies: Nestled Bird,  and Twigs & Berries.  I also punched the tiny flowers with a CARL punch.  The fence is an Our Daily Bread designs custom die.  I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Blessings set with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I added a little sponging and some tiny pearls and called it done.

I am also entering this in the following challenges:
 Craft Your PassionAnything Goes, Creative Stamp Friends -Birthday, Lexi's CreationsHappy Birthday, Make it Monday - always Anything Goes, Simon Says Stamp and Show...Anything Goes,  The Crazy ChallengeRecipe: Ribbon/Twine, Gems/Pearls, Dies/Punches 

  I hope you liked my super clean and simple card!  It's always fun to step out of your comfort zone for a different look, and a challenge to yourself!  As I was working hard to keep this "clean" (mostly white) it brought to mind 1 Tim 5:22
"Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure".  A good thought for the day!

Blessings,
Grace

29 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! So fresh with the clean design! Hope you are having a good day! Hugs!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely card, Grace! Looks just like you are outside a home looking through the window!

Pia S said...

This is simply stunning! The beautiful, soft colors you've used for this card are just perfect, and I love - love - love - the design! Spotted this on MIM.

Gail said...

Grace I love this card! It is very pretty! I have made many window cards and I like how you popped the window with the dots - a great idea! Best wishes on winning at Joan's Garden and other challenges!

Elizabeth said...

Grace, this is fantastic! The combination of the emboss folder and the die cutout make a perfect 'side of the house'! Not your usual style, but showing you definitely have style no matter what you do! =)

Cathy Dineen said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining in at Craft Your Passion this week! :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful cards, I love how the bird appears in the window and the embossed background is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

kiwimeskreations said...

This if stunning Grace - love your CAS style!! The dimension is stunning and the wee touches of colour are beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

let us try this again. This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love all the white, your use of the window, and the embossing. Simply BEAUTIFUL!
hugs,
Chris

Clare said...

Grace, you are amazing! Each time I try to do a CAS card, it turns into something NOT CAS! Lol. I love your work! Ive been working on a couple of things using the same colors. Very cheery! Hugs, Clare

Clare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan Fricker said...

Grace this is adorable. I love the woodgrain for the house. Just beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Jagerbaurin said...

Oh what a great card!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Stamps Friend for our Challenge.
Hugs Sabine

Lisa Minckler said...

Well, this is down right ADORABLE!! What a dainty and yet magnificent design. I really love what you've created here. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Nina said...

What a beautiful card
Love it
Thank you for joining us at Creative Stamp Friends.
Nina x

kud said...

Grace, I always look forward to visiting your blog. TFS.

Becky said...

wow Grace, this is gorgeous..I had to save it so I can copy it :)

Davi said...

What a beautiful card Grace :) I love the clean look and the window looks so real!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

April said...

Really sweet card. You did a wonderful job!

Shannon White said...

Wow Grace! This is just Beautiful! Lovely card inside and out! Really Loving the Window and embossed white on white with the Pops of color! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Renee B. said...

Wow, what a stunning card you have made Grace! I saw it on MIM.
Hugs,
Renee

Renee B. said...

Wow, what a stunning card you have made Grace! I saw it on MIM.
Hugs,
Renee

Gina Lindsay said...

this is just beautiful! Even though you said it is out of your comfort zone, you would never know it by the finished result. I love it!

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful card, love your pretty colours and layout, thanks for joining us at CYP, hugs, Sarah x

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Sweet tweet! Love the simple beauty of these cards!

How wonderful to see you popping in to my new website/blog! You always bring happiness to my heart and day!

Have a tweet day! :)

Jo said...

Stunning!Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time and good luck!
Hugs Jo x
DT