Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pics of our Father's Day getaway!

Hi friends!  I hope y'all had a great weekend! I don't have a card to share, because we were away.  So... I thought I'd share a few pics of what I gave my hubby for Father's Day.... a little getaway to Pigeon Forge, TN!  I just felt like he needed a restful weekend and decided kind of last minute to make all the arrangements for a quick getaway.  So this is where we stayed...


This was our cabin.  Not too shabby, huh?  It was really special and a very comfy home to stay in!

Here is a peek at the view we had, and although the mountains are "smoky" here, you can get the incredible feel of beauty that we enjoyed out every window!  Oh, and yes, that is a hot tub on the deck!  Since I was having a major fibro-flare, THAT felt awesome every day!!!



Since this was a relaxing getaway... we mainly just enjoyed driving through the park and taking pictures of scenery, and a few other fun things we saw.  I can't show them all to you now.... but here's just a little peek...


I just love cool mountain streams and waterfalls, so this particular day, I was taking pictures of them.  When the rest of the area feels hot and humid... somehow when you step into the forest the temps drop about 10 degrees and you feel like you could stay there forever!


Then... we always enjoy looking at the wildlife!  Sorry I don't have the best camera.... but this was what my little Sony could do taken from the window of the moving car!  


We rode several park loops looking for bear.  We actually saw four, but this guy was the closest so it was the best photo I could get.  This one was on the move!  The other three we saw were together... a mom and two cubs.  So cute!  However I do think they are much cuter when I'm safely in my car, not hiking on a trail! LOL!


So.... there's just a little look at my hubby's Father's Day trip!  On our way home, we took the back roads through the mountains, and had to stop for "traffic".   This just struck my funny bone.  LOL!


Well that's it for today!  I am working on something for later this week... so I hope to see you then!  Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

EllenaElizabeth said...

What a spectacular mountain get-a-way. It just looks so wonderful. I love the idea of mountains in the USA and hope one day to be able to visit. Thanks for sharing.
I note you have FM? So do I, it's a pain that we have to learn to live with isn't it?

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh, how lovely, Grace! Thank you for sharing your special getaway. I can smell the freshness of the forest trees! So glad you had that time of refreshment. Praying for your comfort.

Hugs!

Bobbi Miller said...

OH Grace, what a lovely trip you took! The nature pics are so beautiful and that view! WOW! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. Bless you both!

Lenoria said...

Hi Grace,
I'm so glad you came to visit this little corner of the earth and I'm glad you had a wonderful time! I don't really like the traffic in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg but I love this area and the mountain scenery. I hope you got rested and renewed.

kiwimeskreations said...

What an awesome weekend you must have had Grace! P.S. I love the traffic!!
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

Sounds like a restful time Grace, great photos.

JD/ Jill said...

Great pictures...looks like you had a great time...thank you so much for sharing.

Elena C said...

What a fun gift....thanks for the pics. We were in the area just a couple of weeks before. The mountains are beautiful. I was very disappointed in Gatlinburg though, it has become just a tourist trap. You have to get out of town to enjoy anything.
Glad you had a great time.

elena

Sherry Kushibab said...

Looks like a peaceful and wonderful time.....marvelous view of creation. Sure your hubby appreciated the getaway with you!! Hugs.

Saints Rule! said...

That final photo just makes me think of the why did the chicken cross the road joke... lol!!!

Elizabeth said...

How wonderful, Grace! I'm so glad you and DH were able to do this. Sounds like it was good for both of you.
I think your camera did a fine job with the photos. Thanks for sharing them with us. I enjoy the views of our western mountains, but I miss the trees from back east.
My girls will be delighted to know our poultry are not the only ones that hold up traffic! =)

scootingranny said...

What a wonderful post! I love the last picture...makes me wonder why the chicken crossed the road. hahaha and it looks like the chihuahua is thinking "I can take 'em, man. I know I can. And I know they taste like CHICKEN!!"
Thanks for this post!