Saturday, August 18, 2012

Quick, Easy and Cherished... and a DOA computer.



Hello friends!

This week my computer bit the dust.  I spent several days trying to get it fixed, and then finally bought a new laptop.It took hours to load everything up on this one, and  I'm really bummed because I loved my old one and to tell the truth, I absolutely hate the keyboard on this new one!  Half the time when I type the letters don't show up and I'm half afraid it's already having a problem!  That said... if you see lots of typos from me.... blame that! LOL!  I've never claimed to be a great typist, but THIS is ridiculous!!! LOL!
 
Anyhoo...I have one more quick bookmark to share with you and I promise not to take much of your time with too many details!

I made this using ODBD's Scripture Bookmarks (Ps 84:11).. I stamped with VersaFine on Prima Sunkiss dp.  I cut this panel with the custom bookmark die made for ODBD by Spellbinders. I matted that with a piece of yellow Bazzill card stock.  I cut the scroll out of the same yellow with an older Cuttlebug die, and I sponged everything with distress walnut stain ink.  I cut the butterfly with a Cheery Lynn Exotic Butterfly Mini from a scrap of gold, then sponged with walnut stain to antique it a bit.  I added the fibers and Recollections brad and that was it... super quick.... super easy.... but a nice little gift for someone who needs a lift. What better than a comforting Scripture!

I am submitting this to Word Art Wednesday challenge- use their free verse/sentiment or any Scripture or encouraging sentiment.

Thanks again for stopping by!  I love knowing you were here!
 

13 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is gorgeous!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Grace, this is beautiful! I lvoe the colors, and the distressing is perfect! I know someone will be very pleased to receive this little pick-me-up. =)

Pamela said...

Computer troubles are a pain! Glad you have yours taken care of for a while--hopefully a LONG while!

I love gifting books and this beautiful marker will be lovely with them. Thank you for showing it.

Kraftyaunt said...

Too gorgeous to be used as a bookmark... I'd frame this!

Grace, on the older laptops you could attach a regular sized keyboard; perhaps you can do the same with the new ones? I am not computer savvy so perhaps it might be worth checking into?

scrappingnana said...

So gorgeous. Sorry you are having conputer problems.

Sillyfilly said...

Grace this is beautiful.

I am so sorry you are having computer problems. I feel your pain.

Hugs,
Sylvia

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Grace!
I love this bookmark. You have made such a lovely job of it. Of course the scripture is a good one.

Having just brought a new computer as well I know what you mean. My hubby Doug has a laptop and I don't like using it at all. I find the keyboard horrible too. You can plug in a regular keyboard if you like.
Hugs Maz

kiwimeskreations said...

what a stunning bookmark, Grace - love all the wee details and contrasts of texture and colour.

I had a similar problem when I first bought this current laptop - turns out the mouse and the touch pad were having little hissy fits, and my SIL taught me how to disable the touch pad and I have had no more issues.
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Letchworth said...

Grace: I know I've told you this before, but I am just IN LOVE with the ODB bookmark dies. They are SO beautiful. I'd like to own them all. Also, I noted on your profile that you've been married for 41+ years. My beloved and I just had our 27th anniversary yesterday, and I pray that God will give us as many (or more) as God has given you and your beloved. My marriage is one of the sweetest gifts God has given me. I look to women of God like you who inspire me to be a Godly wife. Thank you for inspiring me in so many ways. May God bless you in your marriage, your crafting, and life in general - you have blessed and inspired me SO much!
Thanks for playing along at Word Art Wednesday. I so greatly appreciate your participation. Have a blessed week.
Karen L

Gemiel said...

Grace, sorry to hear about your computer, but I'm sure you'll get used to your laptop keyboard in no time. Love your bookmark!!! I was so happy to see the August ODBD release :) Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

Becky said...

This is beautiful Grace. Love the design.

Clare Curcio said...

Hi, Grace! I'm sorry to hear about your computer, but I'm sharing your pain! I had to get a new laptop because my old computer got a nasty trojan that none out of 3-4 security, fix or removal programs could remove. It finally just quit! I'm hoping we can have our neighbor, who is a pc guru, clean it and restore everything. The new one is frustrating me having been used to Windows Vista, and this one has Windows 7. The keyboard feels funny - like it's floating, and like you, I can be typing away, and there's nothing there, or the screen has gone back to my desktop photo, and I don't know what I did to do that...lol

Your bookmark is gorgeous! Absolutely love it! It's telling me I need to start reading more!

Praying for Alan's continued safety in traveling to and from work, and for you also! Hugs, Clare

Conniecrafter said...

lovely bookmark, love the cuttlebug die down the side of the verse and I thought the butterfly was a metal embellishment, that die looks great!
I felt the same way when getting my new computer too, you get so use to one way and having to get use to a whole new way is hard