Sunday, July 14, 2013

Get Well Soon!


Hello friends!

 Today I have a real CAS card I created for a couple challenges on SCS.  One was a CAS one layer card on which you used masking, and one was to ink your stamps with tissues!  I had never done that before so I gave it a try and I really love the result! I used T Holtz Distress Inks in Bundled Sage, Forest Moss and Dusty Concord, and used crumpled up tissues to apply the inks to my North Coast Creations stamps, going from light to dark.  I first stamped the image from Find Beauty, then I created a mask for the right side of it and stamped the image from Something Marvelous.  The sentiment is from Heaven's Masterpiece and is one we all can use often.  I did mat my one layer on a base, so I hope that still counts as a single layer.  For me... this is VERY CAS!  The only embellishment is a sheer ribbon.  I am definitely going to try this technique again!  It works great on solid stamps, silhouette stamps, or any that have enough rubber to pick up the extra texture of the crumpled tissue.

I hope you'll give it a try!

Thanks so much for having a look!

Blessings & Hugs,


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Grace this is stunning. It is simple, elegant, and just perfect. I often forget that less is more. Your card is gorgeous!

Carla S. said...

Really stunning, Grace! What an elegant design! Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is beautiful - I must try that tissue technique - you have really made it sing on this card. Love the colours you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors. The tissue technique sounds interesting.

ednamburgess said...

Very beautiful. Love the effect. Wish you'd explain the tissue technique more as would like to try it. Does someone have a tutorial with it? Edna

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

Crystal said...

Wow this is sooo pretty Grace, you can really make a stunning cas card sweetie!! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Conniecrafter said...

I hadn't heard that technique before but you did a wonderful job with it, Beautiful!

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Grace! Love the colors and the technique! Lovely card!

Jennipher said...

This may be clean and simple Grace but it is absolutely gorgeous! Total WOW factor in this card.

Grace Baxter said...

This is so pretty, Grace. These days, I am all about the colour purple. Your card makes me smile. Lovely!

Elena C said...

Grace, this is a really beautiful card. But I have a question...what do you mean by using "crumpled up tissues" to ink the stamp. I have not heard of that and am not sure what you mean by it....
Thanks...I love your blog. Been getting it on email for a long time :o)