Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy 25th Anniversary!!!

 ODBD stamps, Anniversary Blessings, All Occasion Sentiments, Quatrefoil Pattern die, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!

Today I have a card to share that I made as a sample for this week's Inspiration Challenge 398 on SCS !  I was honored when Stephanie asked me and the site we were to get our inspiration from is called Persona Jewelry.  The site is chuck full of beautiful beads!  At first I thought it might be hard to be inspired by beads, but I had no problems at all when I started looking!  HERE is the first bead that inspired me and HERE is another.  With so much silver, what's a girl to do?  I decided to start with a white base, mat with brushed silver, and then overlay my Quatrefoil Pattern die cut, which I cut from silver Mirror Paper.  It really shines and in the photos almost grabs the light so much that you can't see that my image and sentiment are actually heat embossed with silver as well.  They just look gray, but you'll have to take my word for it.  :)

ODBD stamps, Anniversary Blessings, All Occasion Sentiments, Quatrefoil Pattern die, designed by Grace Nywening


Anyway... I stamped my cake image and the number 25 from Anniversary Blessings with Versamark and heat embossed with silver (Ranger Fine Detail powder).  I hand cut it out and mounted it with dimensionals on to two layers of white Spellbinder's  Oppulent Ovals. The inside panel is embossed with a Sizzix folder.  The sentiment is from All Occasion Sentiments and is also heat embossed, then cut with the inner part of Spellbinders Fancy Tags 1.  I had cut the brushed silver frame for it as I did not want as large a frame as the Fancy Tag was.  I then looked at the bead and tried to bring out the pink floral and green leaf.  My roses are ZVA Creative and the top one is smaller because I simply removed 2 layers of petals from it.  The leaves are made with a Martha Stewart punch and scraps of green paper.  I pulled out some things from my stash that I have not used in ages.... Dew Drops!  I found these Robin's Nest dew drops and adhered them with jewelry glue.  I added a few other clear gems and called it done.  It's certainly glitzed up, but then, isn't a 25th Anniversary a good occasion for a little extra glitz?  :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Hugs & Blessings,

14 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is divine - love all the silver you incorporated and the touches of colour. A 25th anniversary is definitely a time to get all glizted and glammed up!
Blessings
Maxine

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! This card is just outstanding! Beautifully done! I need to make a card soon for a 25th anniversary...must take a look at those stamps!

Lucy E. said...

This is so gorgeous!

seamom said...

An amazing card!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow, that is gorgeous, love the added flowers, neat embossing for the center of the die and that mirrored background is so cool!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card Grace!! I love the metallic background and your cake with the roses on it. Sheer elegance!!
hugs,
Chris

Mary Ann said...

WOW!This is awesome,Beautiful card!Awesome details!!!

JoAnn said...

WOW, how gorgeous. Love all the beautiful details. TFS

Mickie said...

WOW and WOW this is fantastic!!

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Grace! Very elegant!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This wedding cake is more like a beautiful topiary - lovely

Becky said...

WOW..This is just stunning!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Grace your card is just stunning. What fabulous dies and paper. Love the embossing inside the frame. There certainly was lots of inspiration in those beads.

Unknown said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous! I love the die cut design and the colors. This would make a beautiful wedding card as well.