Sunday, March 29, 2015

God Helps Us handle what we are given!


Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!

Today I'm sharing a quick card made with the newly released ODBD 7th Anniversary Commemorative Stamp set, God Quotes.  I heat embossed the sentiment with gold, and cut it with the ODBD Custom Circle Ornament Die.  I then cut an ODBD Custom Quatrefoil Design from white and the larger element from a green paper from the ODBD Blushing Rose Paper Collection.  I layered them up and adhered to a white embossed layer and then popped that up on my base, which was matted with a piece of paper from the Heart and Soul Paper Collection.  I cut that layer with the largest die in the Flourished Star Die set.  It's all on a base of Neenah Solar White.  I stamped and heat embossed two images from the Cherry Blossom set, and lightly watercolored with Su! Markers and water.  I fussy cut them and added them to embellish the sentiment.  A tiny gold cord and some little pink pearls finished it off.  I kept this one pretty flat and mailable.  

Today's blessing from the Word is from a daily devotional that was given to me by a sweet friend, and which I have treasured for it's many pearls of wisdom.  The verse is Ps. 119:67

"Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word." 

Since I have just begun a new form of treatment for my pain issues, I found it a great reminder that while no affliction is pleasant for the moment, it can have a wonderfully cleansing effect on us, and certainly can be used by God to grow us in our faith, prune us for His use, discipline us when needed, and prepare us for that home He's preparing for us for all eternity!

Think about that when you are in pain or in any deep affliction!  May it encourage you as it has me!
 
Blessings,


6 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and sentiment.
Prayers for your pain treatment.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Grace - and yes, pain is a great teacher, that I don't always appreciate.... I must practise my attitude of gratitude more.
Blessings
Maxine

Only By His Grace said...

A beautiful card.
Hugs maz

Earline said...

How true God is so good. Love the card will pray for you.

Earline said...

How true God is so good. Love the card will pray for you.

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card!