Tuesday, March 31, 2015

In Awesome Wonder

Hello friends!

I hope you are all doing well and looking forward to a wonderful Easter celebration!  

Today I'm sharing a really quick CAS card to give you a sneak peek at a brand new set to be released tomorrow at ODBD!  This set is called How Great Thou Art, and I love that hymn so much, that of course, I'm thrilled with this set!  

I used today's color challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  I stamped the sentiment from the new set, then added some grass using this month's release, Grass Border Die.  To that I added various flowers either die cut from the Ornamental Cross die set, or punched with a Carl Punch.  A little shaping and pearls finished them off.  I added the cloud at the top, using another sneak peek at the ODBD Custom Clouds and Raindrops die, also coming tomorrow.  I die cut the bottom of the card base with a Spellbinders On the Edge die.  Very CAS but honestly, that's all I had time for today, and I kind of like the crisp clean look!  Very mailable, which is one of my goals as well! LOL!

I hope you will come back tomorrow to check out the entire release and all the incredible inspiration you will find from all the designers!

Thanks for stopping, and hope to see you soon!

Blessings,

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

I love your card and that sentiment from "How Great Thou Art". One of my favorite hymns. This set is going on my wish list.

JD/ Jill said...

Oh so pretty! This is one my favorite hymns too. Found myself singing it as soon as I saw your card...
Thank you for the nice comments on my blog.
You were on my mind this past weekend as I was visiting the ODBD booth at the stamp show I went to this past weekend...seeing all those wonderful cards posted. Such a joy to see.

(It's always the first booth I look for)

Hope you are having a great week and many Blessings to you...Jill

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is fabulous - love those flowers against the grass, and the very CAS look to this card, letting the words take the spotlight!
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

Oh my Grace...how absolutely beautiful this is...I love that song as well - it was my Daddy's favorite. Thank you for sharing ... can't wait to see more of the new releases.

gltinnola said...

That is one of my all time favorite hymns! I especially remember seeing Dixie Carter sing it when she played Julia on Designing Women. It was probably the best version I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing.