Monday, April 6, 2015

April Showers Bring May Flowers!

ODBD stamps- April Showers, designed by Grace Nywening
Hello friends!  I hope you all enjoyed a blessed Easter!  

I'm popping in quickly to share a gate fold card I made using this month's release from Our Daily Bread Designs. I used April Showers for my sentiment, and cut it with a Vintage Flourish  Pattern die.  I used this fun design paper from Pebbles Garden Party pack which was just perfect for this theme!  I used the Umbrella Die set and the Clouds and Raindrops die set to cut my raindrops and cloud, as well as the umbrella. The cute little heart flowers are also from the Clouds and Raindrops die set.  Aren't they cute?  For the stem for them I used the Happy Birthday balloon  string die.   I added frost Stickles to the raindrops.  I used the Ornamental Crosses die set to cut some of the little flowers, and  I nestled them in among blades of grass from the Grass Border Die.  For the sun, I used the Matting Circles die for the rays, and the circle from the Recipe Card and Tags die set.  The base is Neenah Solar White 140lb card stock and here is the cool dp on the insides.
ODBD stamps- April Showers, designed by Grace Nywening
The center panel is a little planting guide and I cut out the seed packs from the design paper as well.  The center panel is soft enough to write a message on, or you could write on the back.  

We are supposed to start getting showers tonight and even some more violent storms later this week, and all I can think of is all the things we've planted already and looking forward to seeing the new plants pop their heads up!  

I hope you enjoyed this quick card!  While I absolutely adore flowers, I am reminded of  Isaiah 40:8
"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.” 

Even in spring time, when the whole earth seems to be coming forth with new life, all things have their season, and then they fade away.  There is only One who is eternal, and that is God Himself, and His Word endures forever. He can be trusted, for He is good, and loves us as His most precious creation.  I'm finding that the older I get, and the closer I get to that time when He'll either call me home, or I'll meet Him in the air... His trustworthiness and all of His eternal attributes mean more to me than ever before.  I know His Word is true, and I'm totally resting in it!  I do hope you are too!

Blessings,

8 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so pretty and your inside is so creative.

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my, Grace, gorgeous and smart!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love this creative card Grace. Like the incorporation of the planting chart.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Robin Clendenning said...

So darling Grace, what a great idea!!! Love the inside, so clever!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beautiful - love the contrast of the two front panels :-) Thank you so much for your wise words - it is so good to know God is in control, and His love is eternal!
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

Such a sweet card Grace. Love those cute flowers and the dp is absolutely gorgeous! Hope you are doing well. Have a surprise for you. Will email you soon :).
Hugs
Sarah

Becky said...

This is simply awesome Grace! Love the the flowers and raindrops and love the inside, so creative..:)

Kathy Jones said...

Wowee Grace - this is so clever!! Beautiful inside and out!