Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sorry to hear you're under the weather!

ODBD stamps: April Showers, Layered Lacey Squares Dies, Umbrella Die, Clouds and Raindrops dies, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I do hope NONE of you are under the weather today!   However, if you are... consider this my card to you!

I played again with this month's release from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I used the April Showers stamp set for my sentiment, and stamped it with Baja Breeze ink, then cut it with one of the GORGEOUS dies in the Custom Layered Lacey Squares Die set.  I then took a scrap of design paper and cut the next size up from this die set, embossed it and then ran my white craft ink pad over the raised areas.  I heat embossed white embossing powder on those areas, leaving a shiny edge with some of the original peachy colored paper peeking through.  I like how it emphasizes the pattern of the die cut and the shimmer it gave.  I then cut the lacey largest die cut piece from white and embossed it.  I popped up each layer with dimensional tape and adhered it to a simple layout of design paper from Pebbles Garden Party.  I'm so in love with this paper and it's so cheery for a showery April!  Mine was a gift from a sweet friend, but you can find it in AC Moore.  I used a scrap of design paper from my last card and cut an umbrella from it using the Umbrella Die, and sponged it to give just a little more definition. I cut some heart raindrops from the Clouds and Raindrops Die set and added them to my upper left corner.  I then took a Clear Wink of Stella pen and colored the umbrella and the heart raindrops.  I love the shimmer that gave, although the photo does not show it.  It's raining here again today... basically all week we are having showers, so no great photos, but a great time to stamp!   The little ribbon with rose is from Micheal's bridal department.  I'm loving how small it is and how easily it fits a card without overwhelming it. 

Well that's it for today!  It's a pretty simple design but hopefully will bring some cheer to one who's not feeling well!

Today's Blessing from the Word:

Deut. 8:3

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna... to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Blessings,

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh just so fun Grace. Love all the colors and patterns and that die cut umbrella. I am so glad I am well (knock on wood). Hugs.

Becky said...

Grace, this is beautiful. I love the umbrella!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful Grace - and we are getting rain today, so one could say we are 'under the weather' in a sense.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Grace! Beautiful colors.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace4:
I just wanted to pop over and visit as always your cards are gorgeous, never one not just perfect. sorry I have not visited soon things have been a little busy around here. God gave you this Special talent your so very Blessed. I love creating my cards as well and I love the Our Daily Bread challenge each week, you can bet I will be there . have a wonderful safe weekend and
GOD BLESS
Hugs
Dottie

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card!