Tuesday, April 28, 2015

This "MAY" be a sneak peek!

ODBD Stamps, Belles Vignes, Butterfly and Bugs, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I hope you're doing well!  We are finally enjoying what I consider perfect spring weather!  Carolina blue skies and perfect temps and I'm in my glory!

 I wanted to pop in and share a sneak peek at some new wonderful sets in the  May release from  Our Daily Bread designs.  I used a set called Belles Vignes for my sentiment, and a new Butterfly and Bugs set, along with a matching Butterfly and Bugs die set.  I also used a past release for the die that cut my sentiment, Elegant Ovals.  I pieced a patchwork background using scraps from the Shabby Rose Paper Collection, and I stitched in spite of a machine that hates paper! LOL!  I placed it all on a base of Sahara Sand card stock and added some wide lace for a shabby feel.  The butterflies are stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa, colored with Copics, and then cut with the custom die, then I cut another butterfly from vellum for a shadow effect on each butterfly. 

I am totally stoked about this upcoming release!  I have had a blast working on samples and I've been amazed at what the rest of the DT has come up with!  I think you're going to consider this one of the best releases yet!  I hope you'll be back on May 1 to view it all!

Today's Blessing from the Word:

Luke 7:47
Therefore I tell you, her sins , which were many, are forgiven ~ for she loved much.  But he who is forgiven little, loves little.

Thanking God for His amazing grace in forgiving all my sin, and His love for each one of us!

10 comments:

Graciellie Design said...

So pretty and sweet! Love your lovely design and of course the sneak peek! Hugs, Gracie.

Chana Malkah said...

Gorgeous! I love it when you create "quilt like" designs!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is beautiful. I love your design and color choice. We have been studying prayer in our S.S. class. I will want to get this sentiment to send a card to our teacher and this will be perfect!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty papers and especially the sentiment.

Bobbi Miller said...

Ah Grace, this is so elegant. I love the stitching so much, but I don't own a machine (sewing and I never did get along very well). But I wish I could try it some day. It's so pretty and your colors and lace are divine! Hugs!

Lisa Lara said...

GASP! This is a vision Grace. I love love love the frame stitching. And the vellum behind your sweet little butterflies.

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohhh Grace this looks fabulous - and I must say I love that sentiment!! Beautiful work from a beautiful woman of God.
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

pretty stitching, love the lace and ribbon combo!

Clare said...

Beautiful work, Grace! Fresh, feminine and inspiring! Best wishes for a lovely Mother's Day!

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! like stitching! and all the pink! (my favorite color!) beautifully done!