Saturday, May 9, 2015

From Me To You!

Hello friends!  I do hope you are all doing well!  

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms reading this!!!  I hope you have a wonderful day!  It's always with mixed emotions that I enjoy Mother's day with my family, but still, it's bittersweet because I miss being able to wish my mom and my mother in law a happy Mother's Day as well.  I know they are enjoying the day in Jesus' presence, but I do miss them especially on special days. 

 I made for this card for the  sketch challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers.   Cathy came up with a fun and easy sketch and I had the time to play along.

I used the newly released Trois Jolis set for my butterfly, along with the ODBD Custom Tres Papillon dies to cut it.  I also used the Mini Tag Sentiments set and the Mini Tag Dies to cut my tag.  For the shape of my card I used a Spellbinders Grand Labels Four.  I used design paper from Prima Meadow Lark and a scrap from my stash, and used Neenah Solar White for my base.  

I stamped the butterfly with Dusty Concord ink, colored with Copics and then with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter pen.  The sentiment is stamped with ColorBox Violet Pigment ink.  The embossing folder I used is from Craftwell.  It's a large format so was able to emboss the entire grand die cut at once.  The ribbon is May Arts silk and the little spray of flowers is made up of different elements from Wild Orchid.  

Today's Blessing from the Word:

Ps. 118:6

The Lord is on my side, I will not fear
What can man do to me?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,


5 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Mothers Day Grace! Your card is just stunning.

CherylQuilts said...

Happy Mother's Day, sweet friend! Oh, what a beautiful card! I love the colors and beautiful take on the sketch. And I so agree about the bittersweet emotions of Mother's Day as we remember our moms and MIL's. I praise God that I know I shall see my mom again one day...after seeing Jesus face to face! Hugs, and have a blessed day tomorrow!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is so beautiful - love your colours and the wonderful embossing and shale of the card.
Happy Mother's day to you - I so pray you have been as blessed as I have been.
Blessings
Maxine

Chrisd said...

How beautiful a card you created. I also miss my Mom and MIL today but I am blessed to have their special memories in my heart always.

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautifully crafted card Grace. The design and colors are divine. The butterfly is a great symbol of motherhood. Delicate and beautiful. Hope your Mother's Day was special in every way.

Love, Hugs and Blessings
Jim