Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Trust God!

ODBD stamps Belles Vignes, with Fancy Fritillary die, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello sweet friends!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful week! We seem to have jumped in to summer here in NC this week!  Temps in the 80s and lots of sun!

Today I'm popping in to share another card I made using the May release from Our Daily Bread designs.  I wanted to share another idea for the gorgeous vine corner set, Belles Vignes .  I have been heat embossing it and doing a typical resist technique with it, and it's always beautiful that way.  However this time, I used a glitter embossing powder.  This particular one is Tim Holtz Lavender Glitter Embossing Powder.  I used VersaMark to stamp the vine corner onto a  scrap of purple paper I had from a larger project.  I can't remember the name, but any designer paper would work.  When you heat emboss the glitter powder, you get a permanently fixed glitter that sparkles beautifully but does not shed much loose glitter.  (I did say not "much".  LOL!  You will have a little that sheds but it's minimal)  The photo does not do this technique justice but in real life I do love how it came out.

For my focal point, I wanted to use the new die, Fancy Fritillary, and I wanted an element of gold to go on this deep purple paper, so I used a scrap of gold mirror paper and die cut the butterfly from it.  I cut a frame using the Quatrefoil Design die, cutting the mat and the inside design to create just an open frame.  I added one flourish from the Fancy Foliage die set and some pearls.  The sentiment is stamped with ColorBox Violet Pigment ink, and heat embossed it in clear ep.  I used the smallest die from the Vintage Flourish Pattern die set to cut it out.  I also cut a lacy edge from white, using the Beautiful Borders die set.  The white frame and the sentiment panel are both popped up on dimensionals.  I added just a few purple pearls to finish it off. 

So I hope that gives you some more ideas for the gorgeous corner stamp, Belles Vignes!  I'm also planning on trying some flocking with it and I bet that will be totally elegant!

Here is today's blessing from the Word:
Rev. 1:5-6
To Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by His blood and made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I love reading your comments!

Hugs,


9 comments:

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is so pretty. I love the glitter embossing. The purple background really makes the butterfly stand out. Praying blessings for you my friend!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a beautiful card! I love this new flourish and how beautiful it is with glittery embossing! Stunning! And the gold butterfly is gorgeous! Beautiful card, my friend! I love the Scripture you've shared with us today! Thank you...sending hugs!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful Grace!! Love the sparkle!

Graciellie Design said...

Love the sleek elegance and beautiful color of your card! Inspiring as always!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is wonderful - it must look absolutely stunning IRL.
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your purple and gold elegance Grace!! Sheer gorgeousness with all the luster and sparkle!! Loved reading the scripture you shared today as well my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautifully done Grace as always. Die cuts are quickly becoming a staple in my card making. Excellent.

Love, Hugs and blessings
Jim

Lisa Lara said...

So beautiful Grace. WOW. Love the gold and sparkle.

gltinnola said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous, I just love it!