Friday, May 29, 2015

Jer. 29:11


Hello friends! I hope you are all doing well!  I have a quick sneak peek to share with you today and I think you're going to love the new products coming on June 1 from Our Daily Bread designs

This card uses a new stamp set called Good Man, and is perfect for so many different occasions.  I am also showing some AWESOME new dies, ODBD Custom Workshop Tools dies, and Pegboard & Hooks dies.  It's so fun to cut out these tools and "hang" them on this cute pegboard!  I paired this wonderful verse from Jer. 29:11 with some BoBunny designer paper called Welcome Home.  I loved how the paper had house and landscape "plans" on it and thought it was perfect for this verse, along with the tools.  Not sure if you can see the tiny nails, screws and nut in the lower left corner but they are also in the workshop tools die set.  I used foam tape to pop up the pegboard die as well as the verse.  I usd a base of Baked Brown Sugar, a mat of black, and sponged with Distress ink.  I embellished with some open weave twine and left it simple.  

I loved the idea of using the house plans as well as the tools for this card, because it reminds me so much of how God often has to "work" on us, using whatever tools are best for the need, to shape us and mold us in to the people He wants us to be.  He has a plan for each one of us who know Him as Savior, and we can rest assured even when things are rough and we're not seeing His plan, He has a plan, and it is for our good.  He loves us infinitely and cannot love less, and just as a father disciplines his dearly loved children, so the Father does with us.  Our family has just come through a sad and disappointing time, but we know God's plan is way better than ours ever could have been, so we are just waiting on Him to lead us to that place He has already planned for us.  What a comfort to be able to rest in God's promises!

That's it for today.... but please come back June 1 to see the rest of the release!  I know you won't want to miss this one!

Blessings,

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what an amazing card! I love how you've made this so "manly" and how the tools look so real! I love the layout, the DP, and (of course) this wonderful Scripture verse. Yes, God continues to work on us each and every day to make us more and more in His image. So sorry to hear of the disappointments, but we trust that God's plan will become clear for the future. Hugs, sweet friend!

Mary R. said...

Perfect for the men in our lives. Love how realistic the tools appear.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace, I love every little detail on this card!! The die cuts are fabulous and I do so love that scripture.
I think I had some "tool time" applied to me this weekend, and I am not happy with some of my reactions :-(.... knee time is coming up I suspect!!
Blessings and {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Maxine