Friday, May 13, 2016

Praying for You!


 Hello friends!  

Today we are taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs  May Release. 

I created this card using Good Day and Medallion Sentiments for my stamps.  I used the new Pierced Circles dies and the Pierced Rectangle Dies (on the main printed panel) as well as the new Pierced Ovals dies (for the sentiment).  I fussy cut the image after stamping with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and coloring with Copics.  I mounted it on the pierced circle panel using foam tape for dimension.  I matted the pierced circle panel with a Matting Circle Ornament die, using some of the last bits of cherished Sage Shadow card stock I have, and added a cream colored Doily Die cut behind that.    The design paper for this card is all from the ODBD Cozy Quilt Paper Collection and I used the colors in it to choose my Copics and the tiny flowers cut with a die from the Flower Box Fillers die set.  I colored them with Copics and added a tiny red rhinestone.  I added a leafy flourish from the Fancy Foliage Die set.  I finished off with a wrinkled seam binding bow.  

Here are the new ODBD release products I used on this card:



 

For those of you wanting an update on my health.... I continue to recover nicely.  I start 6 weeks of Radiation next week (30 treatments, 5 days a week).  It's phase 3 of this process and the last of the really intense treatments.  I'm so thankful for this time of recovery between chemo/surgery and radiation, but I look forward to getting started too so I can be done!!!  Thanking the Lord for His mercies and love!  Thank YOU all who have been praying for me!!!  I know He has heard and answered!!!

Thanks so much for taking a peek today!  I hope you've enjoyed my sample and to view the other DT creations, please visit the ODBD Blog, and stop at the links below:
Robin * Melissa * Julie * Sandee * Cathy * Dawn
Lori * Lisa * Sabrina * Grace * Jan (Guest Designer)


11 comments:

Cathymac said...

WOW, Grace…this is so gorgeous! Love the colors, papers, and the ribbon woven through the foliage! Praying for you, my dear friend! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Wow! Grace this is another spectacular creation from you! I am so happy you are feeling good and I will continue to keep you in my prayers! Hugs sweet friend!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what an absolutely gorgeous card, and I too love how you've woven the beautiful ribbon through the foliage. And your fussy cutting of this beautiful vintage hanging hat is perfection. Such a gorgeous card, sweet friend! And praise God for how He has continued to encourage and strengthen you through this long and arduous battle. I continue to pray for you, precious friend, and know that you are so eager to start and then finish this radiation. Love you dearly! Hugs! xoxo

Dawn said...

Beautiful, Grace! Love the fussy cut hat! Hugs and prayers for this next step in your journey.

Dottie said...

BEAUTIFUL Grace as always you made yet another stunning card. and I am always praying for you.

Susan Lankford said...

Grace...so happy and thankful you are doing well! Your card is just beautiful!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Your design is Amazing....Continued prayers for you!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is such a beautiful card Grace - love your colours and thet gorgeous ribbon treatment.
So glad to hear things are progressing for you - I continue to pray..
Blessings
Maxine

Robin Clendenning said...

Your card is gorgeous Grace!! I love the color combo and the paper you used for your bg!! Your fussy cutting is amazing and the love that bg paper too! Your bow and ribbon tails are spectacular (I love that kinda thing!!) and the little flowers are so sweet! I love how they match your hat!!!
I am so happy your treatments are coming along and that you are doing so well! Gosh, lots of prayers are going up for you daily!! God sees each tear and hears each prayer...He is working all thing out!
I love you Grace!!

Marlena M. said...

You were on my mind and I wanted to stop by and say hello~I'm so happy to hear you are recovering well! Your card is beautiful~I especially love the ribbon treatment~

Lisa Lara said...

So good to see your crafting..............hope it is therapy for you as you recover Grace. What a stunning elegant card Grace. My hugs and prayers are with you.