Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Welcome to the June ODBD release!!! Oh Happy Day!!!

Hello friends!  Welcome to the Our Daily Bread designs June release!  I'm so thrilled to be able to participate in this release as it is one HaPpY ReLeAsE!  You cannot view these fun bright colors and incredible stamps and dies without a happy smile!  If you want to see the full release in one place, you can view it on the ODBD Blog.  To further add to that smile... three of our hoppers will win a $25. gift code to the ODBD Store just for leaving a comment on the DT blogs!  You have until Jue 2, 2016 at 9:00pm to leave your comments and the winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on June 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!

For the card above I used the new set You Bless Me So, which I just love!  This is a die and stamp combination set and has sooooo many possiblities!  It's one I suggested to Kelley some time ago and I'm so happy to have it in stamps and die now!!!  I know this will be a "go to" set for me!  I also used several fun new and past released ODBD Custom Dies:  Bitty Borders, Mini Bow, Pierced Rectangles, Double Stitched Rectangles, Rectangles, and Layered Lacey Squares.  I also used the newly released Birthday Brights Paper Collection.  I colored the cute little flower image with Copics and used a vellum sheet cut with the Layered Lacey Squares to create a little paper "wrap" for my bouquet.  I just love the bright fun colors this month!  The make my heart happy!  I also love the sentiments in this new set!  I hope you do too!

Here are links to the ODBD products used for this card:


For my next project I used a bunch of new ODBD Custom dies to create this  pop-up card box!  I gave this to my daughter for her birthday and she just loved it!  If you love fun interactive cards... this is a must have die!  

 I used the following new dies:  ODBD Custom Surprise Box, Bitty Borders, Bitty Banners, Cakes & Candle, Celebrate & Wish, Balloons & Streamers, Mini Tags & Labels.  I also used a past stamp set, Pennant Swag Alphabet to stamp the letters wish, and added them to the Bitty Banner.  Other than that, this card is completely made of dies!  How fun is that?!?  The paper used here is Bazzill textured for the base, and the new ODBD Birthday Bash Paper Collection, and ODBD Brights Paper Collection.  

The box is so easy to put together because the die even scores the fold lines so it's literally a cut, fold  adhere and decorate project. 


 The really neat thing about this box is it folds totally flat and can be mailed in a square or larger rectangular envelope.  I used a 6x6" for this one but it would have fit in a smaller one.  It also fit in a 5x7 envelope with room to spare on the length.

Here are the links to the ODBD products I used on this surprise popup box:


 I hope you enjoyed my samples as much as I enjoyed making them!  I am in the process of doing radiation now.  I go 5 times a week, and I have 4 weeks to go.  Looking forward to being done!!!  Thank you all for your continued prayers!!!  They mean so much!!!

Here are the links to the rest of the Design Team:


 Sandee * Cathy * Dawn * Lori * Robin
Melissa * Julie * Sabrina * Diana * Angie
Chris * Grace * Lisa * Jan

33 comments:

Dawn said...

Awesome samples, Grace! That Surprise Box is jam packed... love it!!!

Lori Ingebritson said...

I am new to your blog and I am now a fan! The card is bright and cheery, so cute. I love how you describe why you are such a fan of card making. Perfect. :) The box die looks like so much fun!!

Robin M said...

Hi Grace - I love the color schemes you have chosen for the cards and the surprise box designs - I just ordered my surprise box dies from ODB and can't wait until they arrive to try out!

Thanks for creating such inspiring designs!
-Robin Mermer

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGoodness Grace!! You are still going through so much and yet you are still creating away!! I so admire you!
Your card is really cute with all the plaid and your box is outstanding! I still have NOT finished mine. I love all the happy papers and surprise elements looking like they just POPPED out of the top!! What a fantastic birthday surprise for someone!
Love them both sweet friend!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Grace, sweet, sweet Grace, you have outdone yourself, my friend! Love that card and the box card....I have no words, for so much awesomeness! Who would not love to receive a surprise like that in the mail? Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

marsha said...

Simply awesome! I love your color palette and the adorable birthday box card.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Both of your cards are very sweet. I especially like the hankie added to the bouquet on the first card.

Linda Carson said...

Yea! Excited to see you felt like creating Grace!! I've been praying for you and will continue!! You certainly brought this happy release to life! Love each one of these bright and cheerful beauties! Love too you suggested these to Kelly! Really versatile sets!

Marilyn Mathis said...

Wow the colors in the box card. They are beautiful and really stand out.

TLady said...

SO GLAD you were able to participate today Grace! Continuing in prayer for you! Your talent is LOVED HERE! ;) BOTH of your cards are WONDERFUL! I AGREE with you about the little surprise box die! It is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES for card folds! ;) I LOVE the special edges it has too! Your first card is SO SWEET!!! I LOVE IT TOO!!!! ;) KNOW you are in God's hands & His love is RAINING DOWN on you! BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Patti J said...

Love, love, love the sentiment on the first card, Grace! Your projects are always so special. I can feel the love and warmth that you have put into the creation of each one. You are always in my prayers, dear friend! Hugs...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both of your cards are stunning, Grace!! I just love the bright cheery colors and the design of the first card and the details of the box are perfect!! I am so glad you were able to create and join us this month. You know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. TTYT!!
hugs,
Chris

McStamper said...

Your ideas are awesome. Love your cards.

Unknown said...

Awe Grace...you have done it again! You have made two awesome cards. Love the colors and absolutely love the box surprise card, it is paced full. Can't wait to try to make one of these for someone special! Praying for you!

Dorothy S said...

It is so good to see you here and to see these great creations. ThThanks for sharing.e box is wonderful, and I agree - there are special sentiments in this release. Thanks for sharing.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

love that plaid paper! great job on both projects!

Alicia

Polly said...

That pop up box is so much fun! And your card is so sweet and cheery. Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts.
Polly-peeps321

Sherry said...

beautiful cards!!! love that stamp and die set on the first card!!

Brandi R said...

Love both of these! That box card is amazing ♥

Alshandra said...

They sure brought a smile to my face. Awesome samples Grace!

Denise Bryant said...

Fabulous cards! Love the sweet flower stamp you used on your first card and all your delightful details on your fun box card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful projects Grace - love that box card :-)
So glad to know that your treatment is going well and coming to an end.
Prayers and blessings
Maxine

Sue D said...

I like the colors and patterns on your projects.

Gail said...

Fabulous card and I am in love with the surprise box! I have that on my wish list - how fun! TFS Gracie and I wish you a great week! Blessings

Stampin_melissa said...

Such wonderful projects, I especially love the flowers on your card! Great job!

April said...

Fabulous cards! I love the cheery papers and colors!

Shelia said...

These are both fabulous projects. Your card with those delicate flowers is so lovely. Your surprise box is fantastic! You have packed it with so many different elements!! Makes me want this for sure!!!

ionabunny said...

Love your card and your box. So bright and happy. Hugz

Regena said...

Both of your cards are so sweet!!

Diane17Lynne said...

Your box card is my favorite of all these cards. It is STUNNING and has such GREAT COLORS. I am in awe of it. WOW! I cannot say enough about it but WOW!

Carla said...

Grace,
Both the card and surprise box are cute. Love the layering and colors.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Your first card is so happy and cheerful! But that box just blows me away!!! And thanks so much for the info about how it fits into an envelope! Good to know!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, I love the "happy" colors and your beautiful designs! I love the first card with the great plaid and beautiful focal image! Love the flowers with the "you" die and sentiment! And the pop-up card is amazing and such a delight! Now that's what I call taking the work out of this card. It's something (I think) I could even manage - hehe! Beautifully done, sweet friend, and I continue to pray for you and praise God for all He's brought you through and will continue to. Much love and hugs!