Friday, June 17, 2016

You Make Me Happy In My Heart!


Hello friends!  Today on the ODBD Blog, we are taking a look back at the June release at Our Daily Bread designs.  This is a card I made using the new set, You Bless Me So.  I used the new Birthday Brights Paper Pad, and the following dies:  Bitty Borders, Mini Stitched Hearts, Pierced Rectangles, Double Stitched Rectangles, Pierced Circles, Double Stitched Circles, Lavish Layers, Recipe Card & Tags Dies,  and Ornate Heart Dies.  Links provided below.

I started by embossing the largest Pierced Rectangle die on my white panel, then die cutting a blue panel from the Birthday Brights Paper Pad, and a plaid panel from the same paper pad with a Lavish Layers Die.  I die cut just a heart frame from the Ornate Heart Dies set, and wrapped that around my plaid panel in the corner.  I stamped the sentiment and smiley face from the You Bless Me So stamp/die set and die cut the sentiment with a Pennant die, and the smiley face with a Mini Hearts die.  I die cut the "You" word and adhered it to the top corner of my pennant.  I added  my various circles as mats for the smiley face, and simply put it all together.  While this isn't my usual style, I have had fun playing with this fun bright paper!  It's light hearted and happy, and it just makes me smile! 

Here are the  links to the ODBD  I used on this card:


For more inspiration using the June release, please visit the other designers participating today:

Cathy * Dawn * Lori * Robin * Melissa * Julie * Sandee
Diana * Grace * Lisa * Sabrina * Jan (Guest Designer)

7 comments:

Melissa T. said...

Loving these colors together! :)

Robin Clendenning said...

So sweet Grace!! Your colors are so bright and happy!! This will make anyone happy who receives it, especially the sentiment which is so special to the person receiving. Love it sweet Grace!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is so pretty! Don't you just love these papers?? YOU make me happy in my heart my friend! Love and hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a lovely cheerful card Grace - I do hope it is reflecting how you feel at the moment.
Prayers and blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, you make ME so happy in my heart at how God shines through you in all that has happened this year. I praise God for you and am so thankful for our friendship. I love this beautiful card and the wonderful layout. And the colors are fabulous and make me smile! Big hugs, sweet friend...with love!

Dawn said...

How cute, Grace! Love that smiley heart!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Such a cute, happy card, Grace! Love the colors & big outline heart.