Friday, July 29, 2016

A sneak peek at August!


Hello friends!  I hope your July has been fabulous, and that you are managing to stay cool!  It's been so hot here!  I hate to even go outside when it's this hot!   

Hard as it is to believe, July is almost over, and with August will come another new and awesome release at Our Daily Bread designs.  I'm sharing a sneak peek with you today.  This card is using a new set called Woodpecker, and also a new die, Trellis Strip.  I love them both!

For this card I did something I rarely do.  I started with a base of black, layered on a cream layer, and then a design paper layer from the ODBD  Vintage Ephemera paper pack.  I die cut the new Trellis Strip die from black, and then die cut my main panels, using the new ODBD Custom Pierced Squares diesPierced Rectangles, Double Stitched Rectangles, and the ODBD Squares dies.  I embossed a cloud pattern on the cream layer and mounted my woodpecker on it.  I had colored him with Copcis and hand cut.  I also stamped and die cut the sentiment from the same set, and placed on the card using foam tape to pop it and the image up.  My embellishment in the upper left corner was made with red twine, and several elements made with the Fancy Foliage Dies and the  Lovely Leaves Dies.  I added a brad gem to the top and the sentiment panel.  I wanted to try to keep this card more masculine but I have to admit it's always difficult for me to do that!  Sometimes you just want to add flowers and ribbons! Hopefully the twine and greenery will work for a guy card.  

I hope you've enjoyed my sneak peek and that you will be back on Aug. 1 to see the entire release!

1 Corinthians 2:9King James Version (KJV)

 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
 
Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings, 

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful, Grace!! I just love the wood dp with the beautifully colored woodpecker!! Your use of the foliage and the decorative border is gorgeous!! Love it dear friend! You are amazing!!
hugs,
Chris

Brenda LadyofCards said...

Another beautiful card. Enjoy your creations so much. Always inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Lenoria said...

Grace, this is a beautiful card, the woodpecker looks like he could fly right off the page! Even with the brads it still looks masculine enough to me.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this looks wonderful - love your colours, especially the black accents. Like you I don't often start with black...
Blessings
Maxine

Jan D. said...

The cards are lovely. I like the colors and the layering. The first one has already given me ideas.

CherylQuilts said...

Grace, this is gorgeous and so striking with the black and the woodgrain for the background with the beautiful woodpecker and his red head! Wow, I love your layout with this new border die, and I love the beautiful greenery that surely works for a guy card! It's beautifully colored and so handsome and striking! I love it! Hugs, precious friend!