Thursday, July 14, 2016

Friends are never far apart!



Hello friends! Oh my... how the summer is flying by!  I feel like I have lost so much time this whole year being sick, but I'm so grateful for every day the Lord has given me!  Every day I look out my window at the beauty that's all around me and thank Him for allowing me this time... this day!  This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice in it!!!

The beautiful flower sets from Our Daily Bread designs have been so much fun to work with!  I love to color, and these certainly have given opportunity to do just that!

For this card I used the new ODBD Forever Friends set, colored with Memento Ink and colored with copics, then hand cut.  I used the new Lacey Layered Ovals dies, ODBD Ovals dies, Lavish Layers dies, and the Pierced Rectangle dies.  I started with a white base and layered on design paper from the ODBD Birthday Brights Paper Collection, and the Blooming Garden Paper Collection. I popped up the sentiment panel and the flower with foam dimensional tape, and added a little sheer bow and ribbon trim.   I love this sentiment.  I had a dear friend,  who gave me a wall hanging that had this sentiment on it when we moved many miles away.  I have always cherished that gift... a perfect reminder of her every time I looked at it!

I thank you all for your prayers and notes of encouragement!  I am still struggling with some health issues, and my cancer treatments are not completely done, but time is flying by, and one day soon I hope to be able to say... "I'm done with treatments, and I'm cancer free!" 

 Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Grace and I love your "fussy" cut flower!!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a beautiful card, and I love the beautiful coneflower and your wonderful fussy cutting. And I love your dies and DP and the beautiful organza ribbon! Stunning! I praise God that He has seen you through this tremendously difficult year of cancer treatment, and I know He will see you through as you continue to deal with health issues. May God give you peace and the ability to rest, sweet friend! Know you are loved and being prayed for! Tender hugs!

Susan Lankford said...

Grace, you did a wonderful job with this...it's a beautiful card!

Traci M said...

Grace...I am in awe that even with your health challenges; you've kept up stamping with beautiful results!! I love the colors and sweet cheerfulness of your card!! Praying you continue to feel better and healing for you!!

Caitiumom said...

Love your card. Praying for your health issues to subside.

Caitiumom said...

Love your card. Praying for your health issues to subside.

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this reflects the joy and love you have so unfailingly witnessed to during this difficult year - may you know improving health as the treatments come to an end.
Blessings and prayers
Maxine

GMH said...

Hi Grace, just wanted to say I love coloring too (Spectrum Sparkle Pens) are my new obsession. I pray that real soon you will be finished with all the treatments and medical stuff and enjoy the second half of your real life. One Blessed by Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with joy and much happiness.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am missing you sweet friend!!! So glad we could talk and am looking forward to chatting when we get home. I continue to pray for you!!! I hope you are continuing to improve and can't wait till you hear the words "cancer free" or when you complete treatments.

Your card is beautiful!! Love your yellow coneflower and the hues of green!! Beautiful card as always my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I so love these colors and your pretty coloring of the flower, pretty papers to go with it.
Look forward to that day also when you are done with treatments and am cancer free, May God continue to bless you with wonderful days!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Grace, I pray for you and yours continuously. I look forward to the day that you will call victory over the cancer in Jesus' name!

Lovely card!
Traci Starkweather