Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Thank You!


Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!  I've been a bit laid up with reactions to my radiation.  Strange how I came through it beautifully... not hardly any issues, but then the day after I finished up... bang!  Swelling, extreme soreness and stiffness, and other fun stuff in the lymph node area.  So... I am thankful I had made this sample using this month's release from ODBD already! 

 Anyway... on to other happier things.  I am just in LOVE with this month's release!  If you know me at all you know I love flowers, and this Iris image in the A True Friend set is one of my all time favorites now!  I saw a gorgeous pink and white Iris photo on line and decided to try to replicate it.  Because of the beautiful detailed line work in this image, it is a perfect image to heat emboss.  So that's what I did.  I used pearl embossing powder on white watercolor paper.  In retrospect I should have used white embossing powder as it would show up better, but this has a subtle beauty of it's own as well.  Because Copics don't particularly like embossing, I used watercolor pencils.  The set I have only has one pink color, so I was pretty limited.  I got my shading simply by adding layers of color on to dried lighter layers.  I framed the image with a lovely new ODBD Layered Lacey Ovals die cut, and placed a black ODBD Ovals die cut on that.  I thought the black really made the image pop in a dramatic way.  I created the A2 card base using an ODBD Pierced Rectangle die to just emboss the white, and then layered on a black Pierced Rectangle die cut and a pink Lavish Layers die cut.  The sentiment (from the also new Forever Friends set) was stamped with black Memento Ink and cut and matted with two more of the pretty dies in the Layered Lacey Ovals set.

While pretty simple, I have to say I love how this one came out.  I hope you like it too!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed day! 

8 comments:

Susan Lankford said...

Grace...your card really is stunning. I love the embossing and the soft color. I'm sorry to hear about the radiation after effects, but I know you have braved your way through so much therapy and that you will continue on...

Praying for positive outcomes in His name,
Susan

Julie Gearinger said...

Grace, this is gorgeous!! Love the white embossing with all of the pink:-) I am continuing to pray for you, my friend- hugs and have a blessed week!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is beautiful Grace - love your work with the watercolours on the embossing, and how you obtained the shading.
Sorry to hear about your reactions, be assured you are in my prayers
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a gorgeous card, and I love the vibrant pink and the embossing. What beautiful coloring! And wow, you've really layered these new dies perfectly to show them off. Oh, precious friend, I'm so sorry you are now struggling with the after-effect reactions to your radiation treatment. I continue to pray for you especially that God will give you strength each day to deal with these reactions and to encourage you. You are dearly loved by so many, and we are all praying. I am glad you were able to make this card, but I hope you will give yourself permission to rest and recover, precious friend! Love you dearly! Tender hugs! xoxo

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Grace, I am continuing to pray for you!!! I think of you constantly!! Life has been crazy this week but will call soon!! Miss you!! Your card is gorgeous!! I just love your vibrant pink with the embossed flower and watercoloring!! Stunning...as always!! Thanks for sharing with the challenge!! Love you dear friend!
hugs,
Chris

Kim said...

Hi Grace - It amazes me that you can create these gorgeous cards with all that you are going through. God has obviously given you the talent to bring you, as well as others cheer. You have done wonderful things with both of these iris cards. The pink one looks so pretty with the white embossing and watercoloring. You are right that the black really made it pop. I also like the purple one. Your coloring is so dramatic on that one.

God, I pray that Grace be able to feel your loving hand upon her and feel your peace.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a pretty flower. The heat embossing looks lovely and I really like how you matted it on the black.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweet Grace, this card is stunning! Irises are one of my favorite flowers, and you have done it justice my friend! It is lovely!

Continued prayers for you and everyone who loves you Grace.

His,
Traci Starkweather