Monday, August 22, 2016

Sending Many Thanks!


Hello friends!  

I hope you are all doing well!  I am popping in today to share a quick card I made using this month's new release, Thanks for Everything stamp/die duo, as well as past releases: Sending My Love stamp/word die duo, Cherry Blossom, and the ODBD Pierced Rectangle dies.   

I decided to try a vintage watercolor look with Copics instead of real watercolor.  To achieve the vintage look, I stamped with Memento Rich Chocolate, then because I wanted a very light tone effect, I first "painted" on Copic Colorless Blender to wet the area, then I added just a touch of color to my flower petals and with the colorless blender drew it in to toward the center and blending it out.  For the centers of the cherry blossoms I used a pale yellow to just barely add color.  I did the same with the leaves and stems.  I added touches of E31 copic for that tanish tone.  I cut the word dies from Sending My Love and Thanks for Everything from Kraft card stock, and used that same card stock for my base.  For the off frame look of my image, I stamped the two images, then die cut the outter frame and inner cut using two sizes of  the ODBD Custom Pierced Rectangles.  I popped the center panel up on foam tape for dimension.


I hope you'll consider this card sent just to you... you who have been praying for me through this past 10 months of treatments!  Your notes of encouragement and prayers have meant the world to me!  I continue with my HER2+ targeted infusions, and hormone blockers, and should be finishing up treatments in mid Nov.  I am gradually getting my strength back, and while still dealing with several side effects of treatment, I am beginning to feel better.  We just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary with family, and we are looking forward to taking some time off in Sept. to just rest and recharge after a very difficult year.  I  am hoping to have some scans when I complete treatment so I can know that there was no spread of the cancer during this time, but I'm fully believing that there was not.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers, love and support!!!  To God be the glory!!!

Blessings and Love,
 

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dearest Grace, first of all, I love your beautiful card! It's so elegant and beautifully designed and made. I love the flowers and how you've colored them, and what a beautiful sentiment with these dies and stamp. I continue to pray God for how He has worked in your life and through you during this entire journey, and I know that you have blessed and will continue to bless and encourage many. And, yes, may God be the glory. Your example has been that God is our only true and steady hope in this world no matter what comes our way, as difficult as it is. I praise God that you are starting to feel better and will continue to pray that your energy will be restored. Oh, what a joy it will be to finish the treatments in November. I saw your beautiful wedding photo on FB and wish you here again a very blessed and happy anniversary. And I wish you and Al a very special time as you take some time off to rest and recharge. You both have been through so much, and I know that your dear family has been there right beside you through it all. What a blessing! I love you dearly, sweet and precious Grace, and I continue to pray for you each day and know that God will be your strength and salvation! Tender hugs and lots of love! xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Dear Grace, it is so good to know you are regaining your strength and health - what an answer to so many prayers.
Congratulations on 45 years of marriage - we are catching up - we have made 42 years this year :-)
Love your card and the way you used the copics to colour the blossoms is gorgeous
Blessings and prayers
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi sweet Grace!! Your card is absolutely beautiful...as always!! I just love the vintage flair with your coloring technique on the flowers. So elegant and beautiful!! Gorgeous design my friend!!

I continue to pray for you and am so thankful to God that some of the pain has diminished. I know you have been such a blessing and example for so many through this difficult time as has Al and Christy as they were always there by your side!! What a blessing they are and you are! Scott and I continue to pray for continued healing and look forward to the end of your treatments. Congrats also on your wedding anniversary!! What a blessing!! I know you will truly celebrate when you go to Maine and I hope that you have a very restful and wonderful trip!! I know how you love it there: I hope it gives you and Al the rest and renewal you deserve, Talk to you later!!
hugs,
Chris

Susan Lankford said...

Grace....thanks for the beautiful card and explanation of your technique! And thanks for the update....you have had a difficult and lengthy time of therapy and it is time for a rest...I'm so happy you feel a bit better! Yes, to God be the glory...great things has He done!