Friday, August 12, 2016

Wishing Happiest of Birthdays to You!


Hello friends!  

I hope you are enjoying your summer (or winter to my friends down under)!

Today I wanted to share another card I made with this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs.  I love birds, and we enjoy watching our blue bird house become the hatching place to many new blue bird families each year.  So it stands to reason that I love coloring this sweet image from the Birdhouse set as bluebirds.  I'm sure you have seen many samples by now with the birds colored differently so you know this can be very versatile, but my heart always draws me to the bluebirds.  

I used the sentiment from the Woodpecker set, as birthday cards seem to be a constant need.  I used the new Pierced Squares, and a past release, the Wishing word Die, as well as the Birthday Brights Paper Pack.   My image is colored with Copics, and the only embellishments are tin orange half crystals.  The base is craft, and the Wishing word is die cut and popped up with tiny foam dimensionals to adhere it to the card.  

Thanks so much for looking!

"For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father".
Rom. 8:15

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a beautiful card, and I love the bluebirds! We have watched a video-cam of the bluebirds at Berry College and were amazed at how very small the birds are and their eggs! Oh my! So you must take great delight in seeing the moms and dads bring material for the nest and food for the chicks when they hatch.

Anyway, I absolutely love your card and how you've colored it. You sky is amazing, and I love the paper you've used! Beautifully done, and I love the frame made with the new dies. Stunning card, sweet friend! I continue to pray for you that God would restore your health and give you more and more energy and strength. Much love, precious friend! Hugs! xoxo

Diane said...

Such a Lovely card Grace. All the colors coordinate so well. Really beautiful job.
Hugs, Diane

kiwimeskreations said...

Very pretty Grace, and I can understand your love of bluebirds if you can watch them nest and hatch.We have a starling box and so far we have had two years of one hatching each year - they seem to be really keen this very early spring, so maybe we will get two lots this year.
Blessings and prayers
Maxine