Friday, January 6, 2017

Hand's to work... Hearts to God!


Hello friends!

I hope you are all doing well!  We are enjoying the forecast of snow today... it's supposed to start in a couple hours and since it's Friday afternoon, we're kind of loving it!  No one likes to have to drive in it, but when everyone is home safe and sound, sometimes it's fun to just say "let it snow!"  Being from up north originally, I do appreciate the beauty of the white stuff when it falls, but living in the south now, I appreciate that we don't get very many of these storms!  I guess it's the best of both worlds. 

Well today, I have something fun!  I created this little sewing basket with the ODBD newly released Bountiful Basket Dies.  I also used the new Sewing Set Dies, as well as some past releases:  Stitches stamp set, Mini Tags & Labels Dies, Mini Tags Dies, Apron & Tools Dies, Trellis Strip Die, and Soulful Stitches Paper Pack.  

Now do you need all these dies to create this?  No!  However, since I have them, I shared a little bit of fun to give different ideas. I would say that with just the Bountiful Basket die, and the Sewing Dies, you could create this same basic effect.   I die cut the basket and the inserts with the Bountiful Basket Dies, adhered and assembled.  I used the Mini Tags die set to create "cards" for my buttons and needles.  I used the Apron & Tools die for the scissors, but you could leave them out and still have the same effect.  I used a scrap of a Trellis Strip die cut I already had to "line" my basket but it could be omitted.  I used the Soulful Stitches Paper Pack for my basket as well as the "quilt" that lines the back of my basket.  All the cute buttons, the needles and the spools of thread are in the new Sewing Dies set (which by the way is only $5.95).  The sentiment is from the Stitches stamp set, and die cut with a Mini Tags and Labels die.  I added a little yarn through the eye of my needle to finish it off.  To get the basket filled, I made little inserts just like come with the Surprise Popup Box die... little strips with about 1/4" folded on each end, attached to the inside of the basket dividing it in to thirds, so I had some place to adhere my elements to.  For some of the elements, I needed to add strips of card stock to "raise" them a little higher.  It was so much fun putting this together and I just LOVE how the little Sewing Dies make this theme so easy to do!!!

So there you have it... and now I am going to go start some chicken soup to enjoy during this snow storm!

Blessings to you, my friends!

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful project Grace - it sounds as though you should be sitting stitching with the contents of this, from what we are hearing over here of the storm you have been enduring. I do hope you are all safe and well
Blessings
Maxine

Helen Gullett said...

Such a lovely and beautiful basket, Grace. Love the soft choice of colors and patterned papers.

JD/ Jill said...

This is so adorable and creative!