Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy Birthday Center Step!


Hello friends!  I hope you are all staying well during this bad cold and flu season!  So far so good here!  :)  

Today I'm sharing another card made with the ODBD Jan. release.  Today I used the Seeds of Today stamp set, the new happy birthday die, as well as the past releases: Small Bow die, as well as the Lavish Layers dies.  My card base is from the ODBD Center Step card kit

I began with one of the white based, created my folds along the scored lines, and adhered design paper from the Whimsical Wildflower Paper Pack, also in the new release.  I stamped the image from the Seeds of Today set with VersaMark, and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I cut that layer to size, and matted with brushed gold. I cut another white layer with the Lavish Layers dies, and adhered my image/gold layer to it. I die cut the happy birthday from brushed gold and adhered it to the lower panel.  For decoration, I added 2 die cuts of the Small Bow, one from printed design paper from the Whimsical Wildflower Paper pack, and one from solid paper from the Plum Pizzazz Paper Pack.  I finished off with some tiny white pearls.  I wish the photo showed it better, but the gold embossing is very elegant and looks beautiful with the rich purples.

Well that's it for today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Blessings, 
 

 

4 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty. Like that design paper! This is still my very favorite card fold...so very nicely done!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is an exquisite card - love that whimsical flower on the centre panel, and the papers and die cut you have used are gorgeous
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

So Lovely!!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Grace,
First if I didn't wish you a happy healthy New Year 2017 know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. this is so pretty I just love everything about it. I am so glad to see you back in full swing.

God Bless
Hugs