Saturday, January 30, 2010

Are you not much more valuable than they?

 
Hello everyone!  I hope your weekend is off to a great start!  We are snowed in here in NC!  It's gorgeous out but I seriously don't know how we're ever going to get up our driveway!
That said... I'm just going to enjoy being in a nice warm house with the beauty of the snow outside!  It doesn't happen that often here and I love it!

I made today's card to give you a sneak peak at elements of two sets to be released by Our Daily Bread designs on Monday, Feb 1.  You ARE going to want these sets!  They all have the most wonderful Scripture verses, sentiments and images!!! I have given a few other sneak peeks below so feel free to scroll down a bit to see them.  This als ois for IC217 and Cooking it Up with Kate (non human, something new- the stamp sets, and texture... the embossed corners).  I also am entering it in the PGP 4th Friday challenge to create a love themed card with ribbon.  Now this is not a valentine but look at the verse.... it tells you just how loved and valuable you are to God!  There's no greater love than His!

This image is from "You will find refuge" and the verse is specifically designed to fit in a Spellbinders Oval... though it fits in several perfectly... and it's from the set "Sing for Joy".  I used a Kraft base, Cranberry Crisp matting and Penny Black designer paper.  I stamped the image twice, once on unknown marbled cs and then again on very vanilla and cut it out after coloring with Prisma Pencils.  I popped the bird up a bit.  I mounted the SB Label 5 onto a SB Lattice Pendant, then cut my sentiment panel and matted with the scalloped oval.  My corner treatments are a Sizzix Embossing Folder from which I just cut out the corners.  I added a little Kraft ribbon, topped with Cranberry Crisp ribbon and tied on the feather charm with twine.  

I hope you have enjoyed this sneak peek.... and don't forget to stop back by on Monday when the talented Our Daily Bread designs Design Team will have some AWESOME projects to share with you!  There will be a Scripture Blog Hop and THREE Chances to win!!! Start at the ODBD Blog and   have fun!!!
Photobucket

15 comments:

Katie said...

Grace,
This is a stunning card!
Gorgeous colors and textures, simply beautiful.
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Sue daly said...

Love your chick-a-dee. I have them at my bird feeder. Maybe I can get a project done this weekend with the snow.
From a fellow North Carolinian.

JazzyH said...

Love those birds!

peggysue said...

What a lovely sentiment, so pretty.

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. I love Cranberry Crisp and miss that color..It was one of my favs.. We are totally snowed in too. It may be awhile..More time to stamp.

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the gold behind the bird! Really sets it off!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, Grace, this is such a stunning car!!! I love it!! Stay warm my friend. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is phenomenal!!!! WOW!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Grace this is just GORGEOUS!!!! What beautiful rich colours, fantastic design - love the sentiment oval and the corners are fantastic!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply BEAUTFIFUL card - Grace!!! I like this new Set already!!!You've made it look so rich and warm with your color choice!!!

Hope you made a fun snowman with all that crazy snow you all got??? Stay safe!!! Hugs ~S~

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,what a beautifulk card,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
So Sorry I have not been blog hoping much, it has been crazy around here with so much going on.. now back to your designs how beautiful each and everyone.
~ God Bless ~
hugs :o)
Dottie

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is beautiful. I love the image and the verse together. Thanks so much for playing the PGP challenge!

Stephanie said...

love how you threaded the ribbon through the pendant!

Tricia T said...

Grace I love your card! I'm so thankful to be a child of the King and to be cared for like that!! Thanks for playing in the PGP Challenge. :-)

Tricia