Monday, January 25, 2010

He Watches Me Side Step Card


Hello everyone!
I made this card for today's Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS as well as for this week's Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge23 (use a touch of green).  We were given the instructions to make this side step card and it was super fun.  This is a Sneak Peek at one of Four Fantastic New sets to be released on Feb. 1 by Our Daily Bread designs.  It's called He Watches Me.  I love ALL these new sets which all have bird or nest images and the best Scriptures and sentiments ever!!! You are going to want these sets!

I used Kaiser DP, Perfect Plum and Bazzil for my papers.  I colored the image with Prisma Pencils, and used my bird book to find a Sparrow that had these bluish gray tones I love so much... this one is colored like a Black Throated Sparrow.  I took the sentiment which is from that wonderful old Hymn, His Eye is on the Sparrow... and I broke it into two linese so I could place half on each step.  For the back step I used a Spellbinders Leaf Frame and cut it to fit, and cut out part of the floral design from the Kaiser dp.  I used SB Fancy tags and Label 6 as well.

My Granddaughter is with me for a few days and I really was rushing to try to get this done and she helped me with it and made one of her own.  So it was a fun, albeit slow project! LOL!  We're having a fun day!

Thanks for stopping by and please have a blessed day!
Photobucket

24 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

grace, this is exquisite!! I just love what you have done here.
Thanks for blessings us with your inspiration.

Crystal said...

WOW Grace you did an amazing job with this technique!! Beautiful colors and love your added sponging!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Francie G. said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! So beautifully colored!

ChristineCreations said...

WOW Grace...the color combination is wonderful, I love that designer paper, and you've framed the right on the sidestep so beautifully! And wonderful coloring on the sparrow too!

Unknown said...

Another absolutely awesome card! When I opened your blog page I was taken back. Great work on this card.

Anonymous said...

Grace, this is absolutely fantastic. I am loving the new ODB images! Thanks for sharing it with us at SSCC.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, Grace!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super beautiful card - Grace!!! I really like this new sneak peek set!!! Hugs ~S~

Joanne Travis said...

This is so beautiful, Grace!! Love everything about this.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - this is amazing - your colours are so gorgeous and suit that darling sparrow image. These new release sets from ODBD are just gorgeous, I love birds and have sparrows bathing right outside the window as I type this! The sentiment is perfect and I love the way you have split it and used the gorgeous fancy tags!! Gorgeous Grace - thanks for more inspiration and for sharing!! {{{hugs}}}

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card! The purple you chose for the thistle is perfect and your coloring of the sparrow is amazing! Fun fold technique and such a wonderful way to create a beautiful vignette!!

Annette Bowes said...

This is just beautiful Grace, so love the colours your have used, lovely sponging, take careX:)

Alice said...

WOW THIS IS GORGEOUS! LOVE THE COLORS AND THE SHAPE!
Alice

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely stunning Grace!! I just love your coloring, your airbrushing (you are really loving your new air brush aren't you!), the dp and all the elegant details. Jaw dropping creation my friend!
hugs,
Chris

JazzyH said...

What can I say that is gorgeous!

Crystal said...

Oh, Grace, this is a masterpiece ! What a stunning color combo and coloring! The sparrow is beautiful ! The Lord bless you !

Diane Noble said...

Oh, WOW! You are such a busy girl! But you are producing totally beautiful artwork. Love it, as always.

Becky said...

This is just Stunning, love how you colored this sparrow.

peggysue said...

Just gorgeous Grace! And I'm glad you got in some grandma time with your precious grand daughter. Love the new set. Thanks for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week.

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace, I saw this challenge on SCS and I so very much want to create one of these beauties. Yours is amazing. Such gorgeous colors and elegant images. Charming and Stylish through and through.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hi Grace! I am so glad I came here today. I was kind of stuck on a drawing. But then the songs of worship started playing on your blog. I kept it on and kept drawing, and you know what? I suddenly felt a flow come into my drawing, and I was inspired! It was so good to tell the Lord how much I love Him and sing to the songs you have on here. I am so thankful I came here today! He lifted me up through this good work you did, leaving that music on for visitors to hear. Bless you!!
And, your card is stunning!~ What a lot of work went into that. It is so beautiful! xo

The Mama Monkey said...

Amazing Grace! Beautiful color choices and I love the cut-out portions!

Kelley said...

OUTSTANDING!! Love your coloring!!!!!!

katiesniche said...

Beautiful step card! The colors are wonderful too. So very pretty. Lovely coloring on the bird.