Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MMSC38 Let The Trumpets Sound



Hello everyone!  This is my last week as Guest Design Diva for Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.  I have to tell you that I struggled with this week's card!  This is one of the lovely images I received from our Monthly Sponsor, D'Amour Allure.  It's a vintage image that is 1 1/4" high and 4" wide.  Trying to work it into the circle sketch this week was a real challenge for me!  I hope you like what I finally came up with!  Once again this week Priscilla is giving you the choice of a more simple layout or one that's stepped up a bit!



I watercolored this image using inks and highlighted with gold gel pen and Sakura Glitter pen for the trumpet.   While you can't see it in the photo, the DP behind the pendant is a vintage musical score which I mounted on chipboard to give strength and additional dimension to the card.  The cranberry DP is printed with a beautiful gold flourishy pattern that also doesn't really show up in the photo.


Card Recipe:
CS: Very Vanilla, Cranberry Crisp
Designer Paper:  Prima's First Blush, Textured God from The Paper Co
Accessories:  Spellbinders Lattice Pendant and extra pieces from that set,  CB Embossing Folder for corners,
Piercing tool, Clear Glitter Sakura Gel Pen for the trumpet, Burgandy Pearls from myb stash.


This Weeks (MMSC38) Bonus Sponsor is....

http://katstamps.com/store/


New designs are released at Queen Kat Designs on the first Wednesday of the month. All of her stamps are designed and made in the USA! They are located in Northern Utah in the shadows of the Wasatch Mountains.  QKD stamps are chemical free except for  the polymer itself. Stop buy and check out her wonderful line of stamps.
This is the prize for this weeks MMSC38 bonus winner...

The MMSC38 prize is a 6X6 kit with stamps embellishments and everything fun!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Our January Monthly Sponsor is.....

Click Here to see this months Give away worth over $100

This week's Midnight Madness Masterpiece Gold Star Award goes to

Laney #14
 
This week's Remarkables Award goes to

Pam124 #15
Linda W #30
Melissa #51

Congratulations Ladies! Great work!!! 


As I mentioned, this is my last week as Guest Design Diva for MMS and I am happy to announce the new Guest Diva for February! 

Congratulations Cheryl - I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.... I know it will be wonderful because all your work is!

Please visit the rest of the Design Team Divas to see their take on this week's sketch!


We would love to see your creations! If you play along with us,  just remember to:
1. Use the keyword MMSC37 when uploading to galleries and
2. Enter a direct link to your project to Mr. Linky


Thanks so much for stopping by today!


I want to thank the MMSC team for giving me the opportunity to Guest Design for them this month!  I had a blast ladies!  It was great getting to know you better!  Thanks for the great time!!!

Photobucket

19 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful take on the sketch Grace!! You are amazing...what a difficult sketch for this image but you sure have made it look stunning. Love your rich colors with the gold and all your elegant details!
hugs to you my friend,
Chris
TTYS!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

I think you did a great job - beautiful card with lovely details.

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Gorgeous detailing and design, Grace! LOVE how you defintely worked the sketch! Beautifully done! Blessings to you and yours!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,what a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

Oh WOW is this ever beautiful, I LOVE the gold!!! WOW!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - what a fabulous job you did on this sketch Grace - I love how you used that gorgeous image!! The gold just makes you card and I love that DP with the flourishes on it too!! You did good Grace, I have loved having you as a GDT - you inspire me Grace, on so many levels! God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, WOW, this is gorgeous!!! The colors are so elegant and rich. I've gotta have some of that gold cs...stunning...and using it to cut out that pendant....so rich!!! Way to go, Grace!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

MAGNIFICENT Card, Grace!! This is such a WOW card! Very creative to add that lattice shapes and the cut out the book to make it stand up. Your gorgeous additions of the red pearls and the gold papers make this such a treasure! Thanks for putting time into working this stamp! It was Such a Pleasure having you with us, Hugs ~Jeni

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool blog you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Denise @ kc242 said...

Grace what a beautiful angel card! The gold is such a beautiful accent color that shows off your wonderfully colored image. Jusch a wonderful job on the sketch this week!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Carolyn said...

Your card is gorgeous, Grace. You have such a way with elegance in your creations. It has been such a pleasure sharing with you and having you work alongside us at the MMDT this month. You have been a true asset in every way. You will be greatly missed, however, we will be here to see you and your creations frequently and hope that you may be able to join us again sometime.

God bless You!
Hugs,
Carolyn
MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

Hi Grace...well, you were on the top of the pile this week ;) Your card is so gorgeous. I really loved the way you took that image and worked it into the sketch.. Challenging huh? I know :) as you noticed, we had the same image to work with.. I love how you cut around the book on the side..very clever. Thank you so much for being on the team this last month..you are a joy and pleasure to know :)
Priscilla

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Grace, even though you struggled with the size of this image it turned out beautiful. Lovely color choice and details. It's been such an honor to have you on the team this last month!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Phyllis said...

This is an elegant and gorgeous card!! Love all the gold embossing and your lovely embellishments!! AWESOME image, my favorite angel is the one with the trumpet always!! What a wonderful creation!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous colors with the great embellies to add on this image. Very lovely and gold it a perfect fit on this card. I enjoyed coming by each time to see your creations Grace :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace, what a gorgeous submission to the Midnight Madness challenge. I love how you framed your image with the pendant die. This is simply outstanding in presentation and composition. Well done my friend.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

The Mama Monkey said...

This is amazing! Love how you used the sketch with that image! The detail is so intricate!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Grace, where did the month go? We've enjoyed you sharing your beautiful cards with us this month and it's hard to believe your time as guest diva is coming to a close. Your card this week is so regal and rich. I love the corner treatments and pear accents. Thank you for being part of our Midnight Madness family this month and I will be looking forward to more of your lovely cards each week. :) Michelle

Sue McMahon said...

Hello Grace! What a beautiful card! I love how you used the nesties on the ouside of the stamped image! You are so creative! Great job on the tutorial this week too! I can't wait to try it! I can't believe the month is over already! It's been a pleasure working with you this month! I'll be stopping by as usual to see your fantastic creations!!

(((HUGS)))
Sue