Friday, April 23, 2010

Elegant Paper Fan and News!


Hello everyone! Happy Friday! I'm excited to show you a fun project I made and to share my happy news with you all.  I have been asked to join the Layers of Color Design Team, and I couldn't be more thrilled to be joining with another Christian Company!  I have been enjoying  using these fabulous images over the past several weeks and really love them.  I believe this will allow me to stretch myself in some different directions including some vintage things, which I do really love!  So to kick it off, I made this paper fan using Layers of Color Art Stamps set, Merci Bouquets.  I love all the little flowers in this set and it's such a versatile set!!! I know I'll be using it often!!!

I used the fan template found at Mirkwood Designs.  I traced the pattern and hand cut. 



I randomly stamped and embossed each blade with gold and colored with Chalks.  I ran each blade through the Cuttlebug with the Textile folder and then sponged with Adirondack Latte Ink.  Finally I spritzed them with Shimmerz in Baby's Breath.  I added very fine pink ribbon to the back of each blade, punched the hole at the bottom and added more ribbon and gold cord to which I added some beads.  The fan closes up nice and flat. 
 

I'd like to thank Laura for giving me this opportunity to work together with the rest of the talented Layers of Color team!  I already feel right at home!  For more inspiration, please visit my Design Team Sisters: 

Kristine Breach  Ink Something 

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed this project!  Have a blessed weekend!

23 comments:

Irena said...

Very beautiful :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you at this time - looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!!
Blessings

Karen W said...

This is so gorgeous, just stunning!! Congrats on the DT, well deserved!!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Grace this is so gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations on the DT!!!! So excited for you!!!!!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

ongratulations Grace! You will be the perfect addition to LOC. I think that your talent combined with the great stamps from LOC is a match made in heaven!


Mvh
Gunn

Lovely Linda said...

Wahoo Grace - welcome to Layers of Color - I am so thrilled to be working with you on the Layers of Color Design Team! You have created the most beautiful vintage projects Grace - you are amazing! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Helen Dooley said...

Grace- that is beautiful. Really really beautiful. TFS

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, oh my goodness, you are one busy bee, my dear!!! I love the fan....so stunning and yes, so very Vintage....love it!!!! Congratulations on another team my friend. I am truly excited for you and looking forward to see what you'll do with these fun images from LOC. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Kristen H said...

This is so beautiful and spectacular and amazing and fantastic. WOW! This is GREAT! What great news too, to be chosen for another DT. Good for you!
Have a Blessed weekend!


Kristen

Traci M said...

Grace, this is so gorgeous and a perfect use of this stamp set...I just love it!! What a work of art!!
You will be a wonderful addition to the Layers of Color design team, enjoy and can't wait to see your creations!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Welcome, welcome, Grace!!

What a joy it is to work with you! I love your Godly spirit and am blessed by your awesome talents!

This is a magnificent work of art, Grace! Wow, what a way to start off, knocking our socks off!! Gorgeous, like all your paperarts!

I look forward to a long, joy filled and rewarding relationship!

Colorful hugs,

Lori said...

Gorgeous fan Grace! You could frame it or actually use it, couldn't you? Congratulations on the new design team. I haven't been able to decide what set to purchase yet, I love this company, too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Girl!! This is beyond gorgeous!! I just love the gold, the texture, the embossing, the floral.....o.k. everything. I did get your comment. I had the same problem with blogger so I gave up. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Congrats on Layers of Color. They are so lucky to have you!!
hugs,
Chris

Dawn B. said...

Congratulations Grace you will be perfect for this team.. I LOVE this fan.. After doing Vintage last month I am thinking I will leave it to you.. It was a real challenge for me. You did a terrific job here.. Love the stamps you chose for this project..

Priscilla said...

What a beautiful fan..wowza :)
A BIG HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TOO!!! How supe duper exciting :) Have fun my friend :)
Priscilla

samara said...

Hi Grace, I am Samara, the one In love with the lovliness of laura!!! I wrote a comment over there about your work....stunning!!!! I am SO glad to have found your blog. I have subscribed and shall wait with excitement for you to POP into my wonderment, with GOD, each and every day. Cherished thoughts of your new challenge. LOVING GOD, Samara

Kristine said...

Simply GORGEOUS! *Ü* Welcome aboard Grace!!

Stephanie said...

I love that the fan can open and close, Grace - so pretty!! Congrats on your new dt :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

THis is beautiful, Grace! I love your Victorian fan. Congrats on the new design team. You'll be terrific!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Congratulations Grace!!! A perfect fit for you, both as a Woman of God, but also as an artist... LOC designs are right up your alley. How truly wonderful! And what an amazing fan, by the way. It looks like one owned by a very upper class lady of days gone by!

Hugs and high fives!
Lisa

Helen said...

Congratulations!!! That's such exciting news! You will be a wonderful addition to their team!
Your fan is lovely! Very elegant!
Blessings!
~H

Janelle Stollfus said...

Congratulations, Grace. Beautiful fan.

Em said...

I love it! With today being Mardi Gras, I have designed a themed fan, which can be seen here and linked back to you http://emcards-em.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-mardi-gras.html