Sunday, April 11, 2010

Do Not Be Anxious about anything...


 Hello everyone!  This week's Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge is  hosted by  Lisa, and she used Phil. 4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again" Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Lisa challenged us to made a card or project about prayer and/ or peace.  

Well, it so happens, that Our Daily Bread designs just released their Second Anniversary Design Team Scripture Sets last month, and the verse I submitted was Phil. 4:6.  I HAD to use it today!!!  The verse is from Scripture Collection 3 and the praying hands image in the background is from the set  "Lift Up Our Hands".   We live in days that are filled with uncertainty... many are out of work or worried about losing a job, many have serious illness and pain, others have suffered through disasters like huge earthquakes, fires, tsunamis,  horrific loss of loved ones, and so many other things... there is worry and anxiety all around us.  I find such comfort in knowing that there is nothing that I can't take to the Father in prayer.... nothing!  He knows our needs, and He promises not necessarily that all will be the way we'd like it to be... not that everything will be easy... but that He will give us the grace we need to get through each trial, and that He has only our best interest in mind, even through the trials.  He loves us with an unfailing love, one we can't even fathom.  When we truly reach that point where we can turn everything over to Him... He does fill our hearts and minds with a peace that does transcend all understanding.  I hope you feel that peace today!

I used a Papertrey dark chocolate base, then dp by Anna Griffith.  I stamped the image with VersaMark Cinnamon and the verse with Chocolate Chip.  The verse is stamped on Vellum which overlays the image, and I added ZVA Creative Pearls.  The chocolate edges are cut with my new T Holtz Sizzix Edge  Die.  The ribbon in Papertrey perfect match chocolate and to embellish that I stamped the praying hands on Shrink Film and baked it.

 


Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp
Here is the prize you could win!  It's a Simon Says Stamp exclusive!



To see what the rest of the team has created for you this week, please visit: 
Candace , Chris , Kathy, Kristine , Linda, Lisa, Peggysue, Randi
I hope you will play along with us this week! 


To be entered in the drawing, your card must be linked to Mr. Linky by 12:00PM PDT (GMT-8) Saturday April 17th. The winner will be chosen by random and will be announced on Tues. April 20th.


Please be sure to make your link direct to your project, not just your blog or gallery, and please place a link to Stampin Sisters in Christ in your post! I can't wait to see your creations!

I also am entering this in the Our Daily Bread designs Shining the Light Challenge (Sketch) and the OCC challenge, to use a bow! Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a blessed week!



30 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - this is totally gorgeous! I love the scripture and the image of the praying hands - perfectly matched! Those pearls Grace - they are divine, such a pretty colour! Your bow is perfect too, especially with the shrunk image! beautiful Grace! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! {{{hugs}}}

Karen W said...

Grace this is totally over the top beautiful. I will be casing this for our cards for the shut ins at church, what a wonderful gift for anyone. I need to order that set with the hands now also.

Crystal said...

Oh my word Grace I LOVE pink and brown.....WOW WOW WOW those pearls are stunning and so is your card!!!! BEAUTIFUL sweetie!

Gloria Westerman said...

This is gorgeous Grace.....and this is my favorite verse....I call upon this one all the time....thank you for sharing.....and I will have to case this for sure.....thank you for the inspiration.....

Kathy W. said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous Grace. Very detailed and so so pretty. Love the pearls and the praying hands are perfect.

CreativeMish said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you put the hands on the bow... and the bling... amazing!

Lori said...

Gorgeous, Grace! Your card reminds me of my grandmother, she was very fashionable, wore beautiful jewelery and love the praying hands image! Thanks for the memories!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just beautiful, Grace! I love all the pearls and the wonderful vellum overlay. Lovely!

peggysue said...

I am so glad you submitted that verse as a choice for the scripture set, how powerful those words are . . . and how beautifully displayed in this creation, with the vellum overlay and the scrollwork, so lovely!

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful work and extraordinary touches Grace. love it.
Edna x

Anonymous said...

I have been admiring that little praying hands and now I know what it is O am even more impressed. I just love the overall look with the pearls, velum and that sweet image of prayer.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Grace!! My parents just left and we had a great time together!! What a blessed time!! I just love this card you created!! The bling and the pink, the vellum, the praying hands with the verse is all stunning!! Thanks for joining the Shining the Light Challenge with your awesome creation!! Great take on the sketch!!

hug!!

Chris
TTYS!

Becky said...

This is stunning Grace, love the pearls, and the praying hands.

ChristineCreations said...

This is amazingly done Grace...such elegance! The little hands look just like a cameo. Wonderful!

Candace said...

Grace, your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the pearls. Thank you for sharing your heart with us today! Hope you have a great week! :)

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness gracious, Grace, this...I is beyond words!!!! I am speechless...seriously, such BEAUTY and elegance. I love everything about this masterpiece!!! Hugs and bessings, Sabrina

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oops, sorry,I forgot to say,thank you so very much for playing along int he Shining the Light Challenge..you sure rocked this sketch!! Hugs, Sabrna

Lori Rider said...

This is stunning - I love the vellum overlay and all the bling! Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC!

Patter Cross said...

Grace I LOVE every bit of this! So very elegant! WOW! Have a blessed day!

Miriam said...

What a beautiful card and a beautiful way to showcase that wonderful scripture! I love the soft colors and the praying hands with the lovely pearl accents! Thank you, too, for your words of inspiration and allowing the Lord to shine through all your creations. Bless you, Grace!

Unknown said...

I ove your card and the centre of your bow is wonderful

Love Dawn xx

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so pretty. I love how your verse is framed by the pearls. Makes me think of "pearls of wisdom". I love reading your encouraging words too.

Kelley said...

This card is LOADED with gorgeousness!!! I am blown away by this one!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the vellum overlay! Softens it up just the perfect amount!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely breathtaking!!!

Kathy Jones said...

OH...MY...GOSH!!!! Grace this is absolutely STUNNING!!!! Love the soft elegance of this card, the stunning pearls, the ribbon and I really love those punched borders - I must try and hunt those down!! :)

Stephanie said...

Love those praying hands and the soft colors you used. Just beautiful!

Dawn B. said...

This is really pretty Grace.. I have to tell you that you have major patience to add those pearl flourishes.. My hands are too big to get them on straight.. I love this scripture.. It is one of my favorites. I love the praying hands shrunk down to embellish your ribbon. Great job.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Grace, this is gorgeous! And I appreciate all of your kind comments on my blog.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Totally lovely! I really like the vellum overlay and the pearls are over the top beautiful! Terrific job with the bow! So happy you could join in the fun this week with Our Creative Corner!