Friday, April 9, 2010

Masculine Torn Edges

I made this for a few challenges, including Our Daily Bread Design's Stamping in Time with Betty.
The Assignment: Any ODBD stamps!  (Yay!)
The challenge: The challenge this week was by our challenge host, Randi Barrett. Randi is challenging us to use tearing or faux tearing on our project. 

I used  Happy Father's Day , one of this month's new releases by Our Daily Bread designs.  I stamped the toolbox image with Sepia Archival onto a scrap of textured tan cs, tore the edges, and then sponged with T Holtz Distress Inks in Tea Dye and Black Soot.  For the verse I stamped with Sepia but then I drew in lines to simulate wood grain, and again tore the edges and sponged.  I added screw head brads to the end of each "board".  The base is True Thyme, then a scrap of camel colored cs which I embossed with the CB Distressed Stripes EF and sponged.  The dp is Memory Box Twiggy.   I added some Hemp twine and a cross charm that says "Faith".

This card is also for Bible Verse Thursday  at Christian Paper Crafts ( make a masculine card and include a Bible verse) and A Spoon full of Sugar which is to create one for the boys.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love knowing you were here!

17 comments:

Liz Williams said...

What a beautiful masculine card! I'm lovin' that new stamp for guys.

Crystal said...

Any guy would love this handsome card ! Love how you drew in the " wood" ... love the dp and charm. Hugs !

NUTHINBUTDABUG said...

THESE ARE AWESOME, LOVE THE MASCULINE LOOK. FROM TIME TO TIME I BRAINSTORM ON A MALE CARD IMAGE, THIS IS FAR ABOVE WHAT I'VE DONE.

Kristine said...

Oooo, this is AWESOME Grace!! Love how you printed the sentiment on "wood"!!! Perfect card for a man. Love it! *Ü* Have a blessed day!

Toneloni * Tonje said...

Love this card and colors

Thanks for playing with us at A Spoon Full of Sugar

Hugs
Tonje

Connie M. said...

Grace! This is just stunning! I so love the tearing and distressing! That charm is amazing too!

Lori said...

Great masculine card, Grace! The charm really sets it off nicely.

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Grace, you have really 'nailed' this one - pardon the pun - I love what you have done here with the layers and boards!
Blessings

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! What an awesome masculine card! Love the distressing and the look of wood. The charm and tearing are awesome accents.
hugs,
Chris

Betty Wright said...

Stunning, Grace! Wonderful detailing and design! WOW! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - This is fabulous! I love that image and the scripture on wood - very cool! Great cross embellishment too - love it! Well done on all of your challenges my friedn - I do believe you have nailed them! {{{hugs}}}

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

Kathy Jones said...

Grace this is an incredible Masculine card!!!! The colours/papers are perfect and how you put the verse on 'wood' is simply incredible!!! The 'burnt' edges of the toolbox image is wonderful!

Angella D. Crockett said...

What an awesome card, Gracie!!! I LOVE the "planks" under the verse and your torn edges look like what I TRY to do with tearing! Thanks so much for playing in the challenges this week at Christian Paper Crafts....we love to see your work!! God Bless ya, sister!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love how you made the wood planks! They look real!! Great card!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness that looks like real wood.. I love the torn edges and your sponging is divine.. Great manly card.. The brads pull it all together perfectly.. Great job.

Kelley said...

Love those wood lines. Really cool card!