Sunday, July 3, 2011

A CAS Banner Hello!

Hello-sunshine

Happy Sunday blogging friends, and Happy Fourth of July to all my friends in the United States!  It's time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge!  This week our hostess is the sweet Peggysue!  She has chosen one of my favorite verses for this week's Scripture:
Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.
Peggysue's challenge is to make a CAS (Clean and Simple) card or project

I used this fabulous set called "Sending You Sunshine" (Nina B designs) from The  Craft's Meow.  I just love this set!  The card is made with Flourishes White cs and Prima Sparkling Springs, as well as a couple scraps of green and yellow.  I paper pieced the trees, sun and ground.  I sewed around the card and added a shabby seam binding bow I had colored using Honey Dew Glimmer Mist, and a crocheted flower I had won.  I added a button from my stash and done.  They say CAS is whatever clean and simple is to you.  To me... I think of  white space when I think of CAS.  I resisted the urge to color my sky and left it pretty simple.  I added no pearls, no brads, no fancy sketch with tons of layers.... so to me, this is CAS.  What is CAS to you?

Our verse today pretty much says it all, doesn't it?  Our lives today tend to get so cluttered with "busy-ness"!  I used to think that after I stopped working that I'd have more time.... well.... quite the opposite I think!  I know for myself that my life can get filled up with all well intentioned things.... but the one thing we need the most is often the one thing that gets squeezed out by all the clutter of our lives.  We need that quiet time when we just focus our  hearts and minds on God.  Reading His Word and spending time with Him in prayer are critical to our relationship with Him.... but sometimes, I think just sitting still and meditating  on Who He is.... reminding ourselves that He is God, and He is sovereign and really rejoicing in that is what we need most!  I find so much peace in doing that!  I hope you can take some time to just be still and know..... that He is God! 

Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps.
The prize is a $15.00 Gift Certificate!
We want to thank Lori for her generosity and continued support of SSIC!


For more inspiration on today's challenge, please visit my DT Sisters:
Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Miesje, Rebecca, Lisa , Kris, Sabrina, & MariLynn
Randi (on leave)

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Allsorts -  #110 July long Free & Easy, Catch The Bug -   Anything Goes, Secret Crafter - #141 Here Comes Summer, Really Reasonable Ribbon - posts on the 1st, 15th - Must use ribbon -  Picnic/ Summer Fun,   The Craft Garden - Use a bird on your creation,  Crafty Ann's -  Get well/ Thinking of you/ Just Because, Crafty Catz -   Colors of Summer, Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes, Stampin For The Weekend - My favourite things (seam binding ribbon, crocheted flower, paper piecing, sewing), Wags 'n Whiskers -  Summertime, 4 Crafty Chicks - Stitching, Just For Fun -  Anything goes, Moving Along With The Times - Here comes the summer sun, Pals Paper Arts - Your favourite technique (paper piecing), Fab 'n' Funky - #79 triangles, Little Darlings Challenges - #2 favorite colors, My Mum's Craft shop -  #12 something old, something new New stamps, old button), Paper Shelter Challenge -  #20 anything goes, Ruby's Rainbow -  flowers, Scrapbook Sisters - #42 summer fun, Truly Scrumptious - #60 things with wings, Bearly Mine -  #13 2nd W - Summer Time, 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love knowing you were here!!!
 

59 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is really CAS for you :-), and I think it is lovely. Yes we do need to ensure we make time for God, you are so right there!
Blessings
Maxine

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Grace - how adorable is this! I can see why you love this stamp set! I love your CAS cards lately Grace - perhaps we all need to do a lot more things CAS to make more time for God! Thanks for sharing on so many levels my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Jill said...

A lovely card Grace!
Your sewing is fabulous and I love the colours you have used

Have a really good day
and thanks for joining Allsorts for our free and easy theme this week. Good luck
Hugs, Jill

Aunty Sue said...

fab card for our summer theme and thanks for joining CC this week

Miesje said...

Oh this is beautiful, and I agree, CAS is different for different people - this IS CAS for you and well done too! Have a great week Grace!

ahlers5 said...

So darn cute! Nice cheerful card. Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers.
Diane

Pam~ said...

I love when stampers pull off a "scene" card and you did just that! This is gorgeous with beautiful details! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

Tammy said...

Oh this is sooo cute! I love the paper piecing and that fabulous crocheted flower! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
Tammy :)

Sharon said...

What an adorable card.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this time round, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sharon x

gina g said...

What a fabulous card,love the image papers and flower. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week. luv gina xx

Lagene said...

Wonderful card & inspiring words, thanks!

Kerry said...

It is beautiful. So much to see. Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden challenge this month

Becky said...

Amen Grace, on your insight of the scripture this morning. And what a fabulous card, love the images and those rolling little hills.

Sue said...

beauitiful summery card, and i love the crochet flower

Thank you for joining us at MMCS

Sue
xx

Kristine said...

THis is awesome Grace!! Love everything about it!! although... um, not sure it qualifies for being CAS with all that fancy sewing and paper piecing!! LOL, but since you did a super job on your "simplistic" card last week I'll give you a break, HA! JUST KIDDING~ This is fantastic!! I know it's CAS for you because your cards always rock with the bling and bows and gorgeousness!! Speaking of which... I caught a glimpse of your previous post just now---breath-taking!! Everything you touch is lovely. *Ü*

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
Hugs,
Kris

Zoechaos said...

Lovely card thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Debs said...

Gorgeous card - I love the scene you have created.
Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT and Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Anonymous said...

Great Card...

Love your layout an the flower is beautiful..

Thanks for joining us at RRC.

Huggies Angel

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Grace! Not my kind of CAS, but if you think it is that's what counts. Love it.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for joining in with us at The Craft Garden this month.
Kevin xx

Shirley N said...

This is so SWEET Grace, love this!

Dell said...

Grace, adorable card! Makes you want to be a kid again!

Curly said...

OMGosh this is just perfect for summer... I love it

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, for our Colours of Summer Challenge,

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)

Fleur said...

A gorgeous, colourful card, The stitching looks great
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

MariLynn said...

Wonderful encouraging thoughts. Thanks for sharing from your heart. I love your CAS card. That crocheted flower really adds some whimsy to your cute card! I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July and a blessed week! HUGS!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Grace!! I just love the scene your created, the paper piecing and the stitching. So fun!! Very encouraging thoughts on today's scripture. No news yet....Have a great 4th of July!!
hugs,
Chris

Ann Whitfield said...

This is lovely Grace, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

velta said...

Hello my friend...What an adorable card...I love the colors and most of all that little bird!!! Your words always impress me...Thanks Grace!

iReneM said...

This is beautiful, Grace.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x

Adeline Ng said...

hi Grace, this is a beautiful card, simply beautiful! I love how you leave the white sky as clean and simple. Psalm 46:10 is also my favorite verse! Happy july 4th to you and happy holidays :-)

andrea said...

Beautiful cad,lovely image and detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous! Love the colours!
I think everyones idea of C&S is so different...mine is an image stamped onto the card it self coloured then very little else!!
I have done 2 over the last week or so please pop over to my blog & tell me what you think....there is Humprhrey the elephant & Tweety Pie!! thank you xx


Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Hi hun thank you for visiting my blog!
If you would like me to stamp you some of the Woodland folk out just email me
shell-swinscoe@virginmedia.com
let me know what you would like them stamped on (card or smooth card for Promarkers)
I will get them in the post with in the next week or so!
hugs shell xx

Angela Toucan said...

so pretty.

thank you for your lovely comment on my sunset card and your interest in the technique. My digital airbrushing tutorial has now been posted.
http://toucanscraps.blogspot.com/2011/07/digital-airbrushing-tutorial.html

Nicola said...

Beautiful card, love that flower, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

carol said...

super summer card, love the flower thanks for sharing with Craftycatz, x carol

Debs said...

Really love your card, thanks for sharing at TPS this week.
Hugs Debs

Neet said...

Delightful card, thanks for sharing with us at JFF - Neet x

Val said...

Lovely summery card. Thank you so much for joining us at MAWTT this week.
Hugs
Valxx

tiffany said...

such a sweet card, Thanks for playing along with us at The Craft Garden =) Tiffany

Melissa S. said...

What a great card. Great colors and flower. Thanks for playing along with Bugaboo this week.

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week...your stitching is awesome! :)

Unknown said...

This is such a happy little, cute scenic card! And for you , yes, qualifies as CAS! :) Loved your thoughts on the verse too, so spot on! I am aiming to spend more time with Him this week.

Jen said...

Lovely card, love all the stitching. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

Wendy said...

Great card love the stitching thank you for joining us at truly scrumptious this week for our things with wings challenge

Wendy DT TS

Tamie said...

Oooo all of your stitching on this card is yummy. I just love it. Thank you for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Faye said...

Wow, what a lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us at MMCS. Good Luck. x

Alexis said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors and that banner is adorable. Greta job with the triangle challenge this week over at Fab 'n Funky. We hope you will join us again.

Mummylade said...

It shows you have used your favourite things. What an adorable creation! Thank you so much for joining in the SFTW and Allsorts challenges and good luck!

Francesca said...

Fantastic summer Creation , Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE

Hugs
Francesca

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a great card loving the patchwork effect with the paper piecing...

Thanks for joining in our Free and easy theme this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

lisbeth said...

Love your card, the colours is great, gives me a summer feiling. Thanks for joining us at Truly S this week

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Becky G said...

I love scene cards and you've created such a perfect one with this card!

So glad you joined us in this weeks challenge at Catch The Bug.

:) Becky G

Paul said...

Thank you for joining in with us at Catch The Bug for our Anything Goes challenge. Hope to see you join in with our Clean and Simple Challenge this week as I'd love to see what you create for it.
TFS
Paul
http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Pretty card Grace!
Love all the extra little touches you've added, especially that pretty flower!

Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!

Hugs,
True :D

Jodie Mackrell said...

cute card! love the flower! thanks for playing this weeks bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute! I love the colors and image.
Thanks for joining us at Little Darlings. I hope you come back for our next challenge.

Hugs, Mindy

Mel said...

Stunning creation!
Just perfect for our wee Bird Theme!
Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden Challenges!
Hugs Melly xxx

Ps I have CANDY!!! xxx