Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ODBD Scrapbook Challenge

Sweet-William-SB-pgs

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a couple 8 x 8 scrapbook pages I made for this month's Our Daily Bread designs Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge 7!  The challenge is Circles, Circles, Circles.... plus play with your favorite colors!  Visit the ODBD Blog for the full details... play along, and YOU could be the winner of a $25.00 Gift Certificate for ODBD stamps!!! You can play as many times as you want, until Sun. July 31.  New posts of inspiration photos by our Scrapbook DT will be posted each Tues. on the ODBD Blog

SW-SBpg1

My sweet granddaughter Lauren and my Daughter and I had so much fun making these  stepping stones for her Daddy and for Grandpa for Father's Day.  We  had been to Hiddenite earlier  and collected lots of beautiful stones, and we used lots of them in the stepping stones.

SW-SBpg2

Since I have gone digital, one of the hardest things for me to get into scrapbooking is getting the photos selected and printed.  I finally bit the bullet and sent some to Walmart to get printed. Easy peasy!  What took me so long? LOL! Then I had to figure out how to get some garden pictures on these pages without overwhelming them!  I know the trends these days are to just spotlight one or two photos with tons of papers and embellishments, but the challenge is to use circles and your favorite colors!  Well... I had this idea that I'd cut circles  out of some of the garden photos and thereby show my favorite colors.  I wanted the photos to be meaningful to my DGD more than anything.... and she loves flowers! For the flourishes, I cut out one black and one from scraps of dp I had in my scrap box, then mounted them just slightly off for a shadow effect.

Here's what I used:
Stamps: ODBD Sweet William (Large~ for cover shown below), Sweet William Small, Large Scrapbook Words, Scripture Collection 6
Dies/Punches:  Spellbinders Blossom Three , Spellbinders Parisian Motifs, Spellbinders Lattice Rectangle, MS Lattice Punch Lg, Cheery Lane Flourish, SU! circle and scalloped circle punches
Fibers: Baker's Twine - Really Reasonable Ribbon
Ink: Stazon, Memento
Cardstock: Pear Pizazz, Basic Black, White, Scraps of green dp from Provocraft

Below is a picture of the cover of the album, which Lauren and I will be working on together.  I used a piece of upholstery fabric given to me by my friend Beverly at Terryfic Times.  I knew Lauren would love the bright funky flowers so I covered a chipboard album with it, and wrapped it with paper edges which I scored at 1/8" to make a neat wrap around the chipboard and heavy fabric.  I made the flower by stamping two of ALL the sizes of both Sweet William Sets with Stazon Ink on white satin fabric and cutting out with the coordinating Spellbinders Blossom Three,  plus a layer of pink organza for each layer.  It's so easy to cut organza or tulle along with your fabric or paper.... just place it under your die with the fabric already in it, add a paper shim for the die to grip into, and run through the Grand Caliber.

Sweet-William-blossom-fabri

  I used an EK Success punch and some chip board letters on this cover, as well as a MS edge punch.  I sealed all the edges of my satin and organza by running over a candle flame.  I did singe a couple spots.... shhhh, don't look too close!  I think if you don't burn it, a little singe almost gives a realistic look to the edges of the petals, and what I love about the candle is that you can get the petals to curl a bit by how you hold them as you run them over the flame.  This was my first shot and I'm sure subsequent ones will be better, but I'm not unhappy with this one.  It really pops off the page in real life!

Sweet-William-detail

I have a couple more ideas up my sleeve for these blossoms.... hopefully soon I'll have something else to share with them! 

 I am entering this project in the following challenges:
C Shabby Tea Room - Photo Inspiration> 
Crazy Challenge - Sumemertime, Creative Stamp Friends - Summer, DDH Challenges - Summer, Karens Doodles - Summer Fun, Make it Monday - Anything goes, Ooh La La Creations - Tag it (my journaling is on a tag), Paper Playtime -  Summer, Pollycraft - The Great Outdoors, Stamps R Us -Through the Garden Gate, The Outlawz - Sentiment required - Things in the garden, There She Goes - Fabric (made the big flower with satin and the cover w/ upholstery sample), Dream Valley Challenges -Summer theme, I Did It Creations - Floral, Lollipop Crafts - July challenge - Anything goes, One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes, Scrappy Frogs - Week - Summer flowers, 2 Sisters - #447 Summer Fun, Crazy 4 Challenges - #C4C95 Summer Themed, One Stop Craft - #139 Summertime, Totally Gorjuss -  #88 Summertime

Thanks so much for looking!  You bless me with your comments and I love knowing you were here!

hugs,

31 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Your projects are completely GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Hazel said...

Fab LOs - gorgeous crafting - saw them on MIM x

Shari said...

Love your layouts - the summer colors and fab! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

MariLynn said...

Grace, these are gorgeous pages. I love the way you showcased the stepping stones. I know Grandpa and dad loved getting them. What a pretty garden. I wish I could have a garden but the deer eat everything. I hope you are having a blessed week my friend!!

Renee said...

Love the fabric with the rest of the way you put this together. Thanx for joining us this week at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again soon.
Renee DT

sparklingblackrose said...

Oh Grace these are stunning projects, really beautiful! I especially love your flower, its gorgeous :-) Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy, feel free to come over and enter :-)

Gemiel said...

Grace, this is absolutely beautiful!!! I hope to see more of your scrapbook pages. :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Wow, gorgeous!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles!

lalkygirl said...

wow gorgeous project,so many pretty details ,i love it
thanks for joining us at ooh la la and good luck
tracey x

Sharon said...

So many beautiful projects to admire. Just loved your scrapbook page, how very summery and sweet. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Sharon x

jessica said...

Beautiful job with your projects! They are all amazing!
TFS and playing along with us over at Paper Playtime :)

Carole of Brum said...

Oh your layouts are beautiful! I'm not a huge fan of scrapbooking, but I was really drawn into your page, you did a wonderful job. The cover is lovely too, what an amazing flower. Thanks for joining in with us at Dream Valley Challenges. CoB

Pattie said...

Oh so beautiful! So glad you could play along with us in the Tea Room this week!

Josephine said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

velta said...

I'll bet Dad and Grandpa loved the stones...I love the layout and that flower is just stunning! Thanks for sharing Grace!

Arabella said...

This is beautiful Grace and those stepping stones are awesome!

Thanks for joining us for the Great Outdoors challenge at Pollycraft!

Arabella

Kat said...

Love your pages they are really gorgeous. The flower on the cover is just stunning, love it.

Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

nice
Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime
Krista, guest designer
http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

Chrissy said...

Beautiful flower,and your pages are gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Zulma said...

Beautiful LO Grace! lovely colors. TFS with us at Paper Playtime and 2SC this week
Zulma DT

Adeline Ng said...

Gosh Grace, I love your layout, i love the stepping stones, I love the fabric cover you did for the album, the bloom turned out really pretty, and I love your garden too! This is too pretty for words. I have been wanting to make a layout page too, but my cannon photo printer ran out of ink and paper, i just bought one set of refill, but unfortunately i am having a very bad case of viral eyes infection, so have to stay off crafting and painting for a while.

deesdesigns said...

Grace, I'm at a loss for words - everything is just gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you shared your creation with us at Digi Design House. Good Luck!

Shirley said...

Wow, Grace, what a visit this has been. A beautiful card to start, lovely memory pages, and then another lovely card with a beautifully done ribbon and paper formed card. A wonderful read!

Marilyn said...

This is a fabulous page and I love the layout... what a keepsake and treasure!
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
Marilyn

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a great page and cover Grace!! You are amazing!! Lauren will treasure this masterpiece!! So beautifully made!!
hugs,
Chris

Michelle said...

HI Grace

Oh what lovely scrap book pages. I think the cirle photos work brilliantly. What a wonderful gift idea those stepping stones are.

Love that blossom on your journal cover too.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Erica said...

Great flower! It is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with IDIC! Erica

Cazza said...

Oh wow, stunning scrapbook pages and a beautiful cover page too!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Pollycraft :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Patter Cross said...

Well Grace, I could have sworn I left a comment. Maybe it was on the ODBD blog. But here goes one for here. :) I just LOVE this page and how you incorporated the circles in several ways. So very fun, and we truly appreciate you joining in the ODBD Scrapbook Challenge for July! Blessings,

Traci S. said...

Wow, Grace~

Those pages are beautiful, and how wonderful that Lauren and Christy are joining in the fun! Are those stones just on the ground somewhere you go, or did you buy them at that location?

The circles look fabulous everywhere! I love how you work them into the pages. The flowers are beautiful, no wonder your grand-daughter loves them! I love the Scripture and the Lattice and the way you used those vines and leaves again...beautiful...and then we come to the cover...WOW!

That flower, Grace, is AMAZING! I love how the heat of the flame curled the petals! Perfect! The colors are beautiful...and I love the word, "JOY!" It is a wonderful title of the Scrapbook! You have done it again...wonderful!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

kraftykat157 said...

your work is beautiful,This is my
1st, I'll be back again and again, plus I love your music