Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pop Up Bouquet

SSIC-2-pop-up-hydrangea-fro

Hello my friends!  Happy Sunday!  With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge!  This week, our challenge hostess is the talented and sweet Kristine!  Kris has chosen 2 Samuel 6:14 "And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod." 

Her challenge is DANCING - Make a card that "moves" (ie. tilt card, slider, pop up, waterfall, etc. - LOTS on scs resources)
 
picnikfile_bFPgVG

I decided to make a pop up card, and I put my main image inside instead of on the front.  I wanted it to feel like I am giving the recipient a bouquet of flowers, so that is why I wanted the image to pop up rather than a sentiment.  I used this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs, Hydrangea.  I love this image! I love coloring it in all different colors!  I also have mounted it on a Cheery Lynn Die, French Pastry Doily.  For the pop up itself, I used acetate because I didn't want colored card stock to show through the doily.  For the front of my card, I used Our Daily Bread designs Mini Tags 1 and the Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 3 that it was custom made to fit.  I also used an MS Shell edge punch and a Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish and Lattice frame.  LOVE these dies!!!   On the inside I used a Sizzix embossing folder for the future message.

I do want to mention that Cheery Lynn is having a Design Team Call and if you love dies, this would be a great team to be on!  Check it out here!

SSIC-pop-up-hydrangeas

My papers are: SU! Marina Mist, SU! Very Vanilla, SU! retired Certainly Celery dp, K&Co Cottage Garden dp.  I stamped the sentiment with Marian Mist, then the tag itself with Certainly Celery.  The image is stamped with Memento and colored with Copics: B37, B34, B32, G99, G82, G40.  The ribbon is SU! and the little rose buds are ZVA Creative.

Our Sponsor this week is  Designed2Delight
The prize is a $10.00 store credit!
Please be sure to stop by the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge Blog for the full devotional and challenge details.I know Kris will bless you with her thoughts on today's verse.  I love thinking about the joy with which David expressed his love for the Lord.  He as all out for his Lord and wasn't ashamed to show it.  Perhaps that's just one of the reasons God said he was a man after His own heart! 
For more inspiration please visit my DT Sisters:
Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Miesje, Rebecca, Lisa (on break), Kris, Sabrina, & MariLynn
Randi (on leave)



I am entering this in the following challenges:

Allsorts - #110 July long Free & Easy, Craft Your Days Away  - Fancy Folds, Card and Scrap - Use Punches/Dies, Crafty Catz -  tag, Aud Sentiments Challenge -  Sentiment with at least two words, Delightful Challenges - fancy folds, Moving Along With The Times -  favourtie things (doily, hydrangeas),  Stamp Insanity - summer colors, Freshly Brewed -  #55 3 of anything (rose buds), Simon Says Stamp - anything goes, Creative Craft Challenges -  Pretty Blossoms, Going Grey With Scrap-Creations -  At least 2DP's & at least 2 Embellishments, Jac-Inks Papercraft Challenges -- Die-cuts Plus Texture, Crafty Catz - tag, Bling it on - anything goes, Paper Pal Arts - summer time and living is easy, Really Reasonable Ribbon- cool it ( I used cool blues)



Hope you like my pop up card!  Have a wonderful week!  Sorry my post is short today.  I am looking forward to my sister arriving and will probably not be a very good blogger while she is here.  I have not seen her in a year and we have lots of catching up to do! Thanks so much for stopping by~ and for your kind comments!  I love knowing you were here!

52 comments:

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Grace - this is beautiful! I love the colours - they coul not be more perfect with this divine image! Gorgeous take on the sketch my friend - now I have to try a POP UP card - is there a link!? I love this - you always create something so beautiful! Enjoy your sister - what a special time! {{{hugs}}}

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Grace!! I just love the hydrangea paper, the colors and the pop up design!! Gorgeous as always!! Hope you have a great day with Christy!!
hugs,
Chris
TTYS!!

Audrey said...

What an beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Anne Bente said...

This is just beautiful

Thank you for joining us at card and scrap

hugs

Miesje said...

Oh so pretty! You have a way with flowers, every card is a masterpiece! Have a great week Grace!

Tina said...

wow mazing...beauitful card...thank you for joining us over at stamp insanity..

Tina

Becky said...

This is awesome Grace, I love that image also and who would have thought to use acetate..:)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colors Grace! What a great idea to use acetate, this would look great for any pop up, thanks. The embossed panel for the message is perfect, it matches so well with the dp and flowers.

Kristine said...

This is such a "Grace" card... and by that I mean it so looks like you! The colors, flowers, lattice on the front--matches your blog and just has that gardeny feel. Very lovely to send someone a bouquet in the mail! The front is just as gorgeous as the inside!!

I hope you have a wonderful time catching up with your sister--cherish your time together and have a blessed week!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

your cards are wonderful!
I love this colors.
Annette

Wordbird said...

Grace... another breathtaking beauty of a card. You always think of so many beautiful touches to add to your cards! You blog is such an inspiring place to vist!
Hugs!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Grace, this is an awesome creation! The pop-up bouquet is fabulous, and such a great idea to use acetate to attach it. Every part of the card is stunning, and perfectly made.

Thank you so much for joining us at the MAWTT challenge this week - Sylvia x

ChristineCreations said...

This is so pretty and elegant with all the die cuts Grace. The perfect paper too! Such a pretty pack!

carol said...

oooh how gorgeous.....thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at CRAFTYCATZ x carol

Shirley N said...

Gorgeous card Grace!

sallysbitz2 said...

Grace this is just sooo beautiful, love it all x

Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Fleur said...

WOW such a pretty card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

DesignerDiva said...

Stunning card Grace, your colour combination is superb!

Thanks for sharing it with us and you favourites at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge

Hugs Laurie x

Cat said...

OMGosh! Grace, your card is drop dead gorgeous! Just stunning!

Pami said...

Just beautiful Grace, colours work so well. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Bettina L. said...

This pop up card of yours was completely divine. Love the stunning colours and the details. Thanks for sharing it with us at Card and Scrap. Hope to see you again for another challenge. Bettina

Chrisd said...

Great card and have a wonderful visit with your sister!

Melanie C said...

Gorgeous card. I love how you designed the inside!!! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Magi said...

Grace, I love this card! Thank you for your lovely posts! Could you please let me know how Randi is doing? I think of her often and lift her up in prayer. Just would like to know how she is . . . Thank you so much! Hugs, Magi

Grace said...

Hi Magi! Thanks so much for asking about our sweet Randi! I tried to find a contact info from your profile. I'd be happy to email you but don't want to add it here as a comment... in respect for her privacy. You can email me from the email me button on the right side bar and I'll be happy to write you!!!
Thanks for your continued prayers for Randi!!! We all love her so much!

Adeline Ng said...

hey Grace, this is such a pretty pop up card! i love how the soothing colors of green and blue, how clever to have pop up a bouquet of flowers.

Bette said...

What a beautiful card, Grace! Thanks for sharing. Do you have tutorial for it? Enjoy your visit with your sister, I know how special that is.

Unknown said...

Hi Grace! I pray that you already are enjoying a much needed and long anticipated visit with your sister! This is one of the most beautiful pop up cards I've ever seen, and what a great thought to use the acetate so it wouldn't show through. I agree that I believe this is one of the reasons that David was a man after God's own heart, celebrating fully and unashamedly! Lovely card, have a blessed week!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Grace, this is such an elegant card - what a blessing for the person who will receive it.
Blessings
Maxine

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

wow, what a pretty and elegant card. Love this pop-up too.:)
Thanks for joining DC.

Hugs, Rosalien

Elizabeth said...

Lovely, as always, Grace! I've been missing your beautiful creations! They are a joyful feast for the eyes, and a lovely encouragement to the soul. I love the fact that so many other women care enough about the loved ones in their life to create beautiful 'packages' for the words they want to share.
It's good to be back. =)

Debs said...

gorgeous work ..love the design..:0)..thanks for sharing with us at Bling It On and goodluck..hugs Debs x

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous! Stunning! Only a few words to describe your creation and I love the colors you used...perfect!

deesdesigns said...

I'm always at a loss for words when I see one of your creations - this is just gorgeous!!! I'm glad you were able to join us for our Two Words or More Sentiment challenge at Aud Sentiments - Good Luck!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is stunning and love all the gorgeous details.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful, clever, wonderful, inspiring! Gorgeous all over!

mommyof5kidz said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is gorgeous. I love the die cut leaves and vine with those dimensional flowers. I love pop up cards. They are so fun to open. I should make more. I hope you have a great time with your sister, and that you have a fabulous Anniversary!!! Hugs!!!

Gem said...

a fab creation! a lovely card! Thanks for sharing in our challenge this week at AUD Sentiments! Gemma :)

Traci M said...

Hi Grace...this card is so lovely!! Enjoy your time with your sister, too!!

Mummylade said...

This is a gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us Allsorts and good luck!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Beautiful card, I love the green and blue palette you used. Thanks very much for playing along with our Summer Colours challenge at StampInsanity this week :D

Ali said...

What A wonderful card looking too much pretty....
Scratch Card Printing
clear business cards
Plastic Cards

Carla S. said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Grace! What a wonderful design! Enjoy your visit with your sister! I will be in touch once I've gotten settled in AL! Will sure miss our visits!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Traci S. said...

Wow Grace, this is stunning! I love how you colored it...so vibrant and alive...David was so full of life and love for the Lord...I love the leaves and vines and the lattice on the front of the card...as well as the tag and that gorgeous hydrangea paper! Beautiful with the ribbon!

You open it up and...VOILA!

Out pops that beautiful bouquet, with the wonderful "lace" to hold it all together. I love all of the coloring, and those leaves are so beautiful. I love the embossed sheet on the base...it is so incredible! It reminds me of days gone by when people were often treated to bouquets of flowers fresh from the garden for dates and such. Thios is one of my all time FAVORITES of your cards. Amazing work...from Amazing You!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

E. Marie said...

Grace, have I told you how much I love this card. Wonderful colors and love the lattice look. I just ordered this die and can't wait to play with it.

Laney said...

Beautiful card Grace!!
Thanks for joining us at Bling it On this time would love to see you again
hugs
laney

Ann Craig said...

Grace this card and the colours you've used are stunning. I love all the details and thank you for your continued support in entering the jac-inks challenges.

FerrellGraph-x said...

I love your color combination! I certainly miss that designer paper from SU! too. My favorite color is brown, so I couldn't get enough of that pattern in Close To Cocoa.
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

TanishaRenee said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors.