Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sneak Peek! Sewn with Love, Measured with kindness

Friendship-sewn-with-love

Hello everyone!

Just a quick post tonight to share a sneak peek with you of the Our Daily Bread designs stamps to be released Aug. 1.  OMGoodness!  This month is my most favorite yet of all the releases!!! I'm blown away at all the sets coming out and I love love love every one of them!  Tonight I'm sharing parts of three sets.  Sew Special, Spool & Tape, and Pin Cushion.  I used Bazzill for a base and The Paper Studio for most of my designer paper.  I stamped with Memento Ink and colored with Copics.  I used a cute Cuttlebug edge embossing folder that looks like zig zag stitches and sponged with distress inks.  The lace is a gift from a sweet friend, the crocheted flower was won in a challenge, and the buttons are from my button box.

I cannot wait to show you all the sets and what all the DT have been making with them!!! Please don't miss the Aug 1 Blog Hop beginning at the ODBD Blog!

My sister is here and we are leaving tomorrow for a short trip together but our time is short as she'll be going home Sat. :(  We've had a wonderful time!  I even got her to create a card and I will show it to you one day.... it came out gorgeous!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments!  They mean so much to me!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
rafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge - Sentimental, Crazy Challenge -  Ribbons, Kaboodle Doodles - Stitching - Faux or real, Make it Monday - Anything goes, Nettie G's Digital Gems -  1 solid paper, 2 patterned papers, 3 embellishments, Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Anything goes,

21 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Grace! I love everything about this sweet card! Hugs ~S~

MariLynn said...

This is so pretty. I can see why you like this set.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is just amazing - all the details just serve emphasize the stamps.... I am close to breaking the 10th commandment without even seeing the release!!
Blessings
Maxine

NancyD said...

Hi Grace, I have always loved your work. The crochet items and faux stitching are wonderful on this card. Beautiful! Nancy

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is gorgeous! You colored the notions so beautifully and the combination of papers and embossed stitching is fabulous! Lovely card! I hope I get my sets soon! Love this!

Becky said...

OH MY Word...This is gorgeous Grace! I love this image and the sentiment, as well as that paper. I can not wait for this hop :)
Hugs and Blessings

Dan said...

This is a lovely card - I really appreciate all the little details on it and the composition, so clearly thought out. Great job! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Wendi said...

Wow Grace this is beautiful if you pop over to Ooh la la blog you will see you won our prize last month

Kirsty said...

Beautiful card - I love how everything speaks to the same image - right down to the zig-zag edging! Thanks for joining us at Crazy Challenge - good luck.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the sewing theme, and that embossing folder is perfect for a zig-zag stitch look. How fun to spend time with your sister, even if it's short.

thinker said...

love everything... but especially how you threaded the ribbon through the lace :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty and looks like a great new set. Your crochet flower is awesome.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is just beautiful - all of your gorgeous details - and they are gorgeous just capture the heart of your sentiment perfectly! What an asset and blessing you are to ODBD my friend! Have a great time with your sister - these days are special! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Beautiful work! Very creative to insert the ribbon into the lace. Plus, love the stitching!

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
“Let’s Get Scrappy!”
http://kmcbhernandez.blogspot.com/

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful Card Grace. I love it.

I have been answering everyone of your emails, but I don't think you are receving them. Yes midnight is great!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very gorgeous....warm, rich in color..outstanding layout....fab coloring...wonderful details/embellies...wow

Chris Hanselman said...

Such a lovely card!! I love the sentiment...it goes so well with the image. Thanks for taking part in NettieG's 1,2,3 Digging in the Sand challenge.

Chris
Lead Designer

Laura said...

This is beautiful! I love how the ribbon is weaved through the lace, love the crochet flower and how your papers work together. :)
Thanks for playing along with us at NettieG's!
http://nettiegsdandydigitalgems-challengeblo.blogspot.com/

Purple Card Lady said...

From one of his children to another...beautiful creation! Love everything about it. Thank you for joining us for NettieG's challenge. :-)

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Grace, love the image and the crocheted flower is fabulous.Beautiful sentiment.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Maria said...

Wow, stunning card! I just noticed it on Make It Monday - love the crocheted flower (I intend to give this a go!) Maria x