Thursday, August 4, 2011

Diorama card - Sew Special

Diorama-porch-scene

Hello friends!  I have something a little "different" to share today.  It's a Diorama Card.  I used the instructions in the resource section of SCS but adjusted my measurements and window sizes to fit my needs.  I used this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs, "Sew Special".  I also used the matching Die Cut and the ODBD Fence Die cut.  Boy do these dies cut well!  The little pieces of the fence just fell out... no picking them out!  I think I'm getting rid of my fence punch!  Anyhow... here's what I did:

I started with a base of Bazzill and cut three pieces according to my pattern.  I embossed the parts that I wanted to look like siding with the Cuttlbug Distress Stripes folder.  I used PinkPaisley 365* DP to create my "wall paper".  I stamped the rocking chair with Memento and colored with Copics.  I cut out the rocking chair with the custom die! So fast and easy!   created the patio door using a Cheery Lynn Lattice die.  The die itself is on the diagonal but I cut just a rectangle of squares out and sandwiched between two pieces of white card stock for rigidity, after adding a brad for a door knob.  I then adhered some white trim around the door and adhered the door.  I decided I wanted it to be open so you could see inside better and feel the welcome on an open door.

diorama-porch-top-detail

To decorate the front of my porch, I used an older Cuttlebug Lattice die and a Marianne corner greenery die. I used my new ODBD Fence Die to cut the fence, and  I added Prima and ZVA Creative silk flowers, and some Flower Soft in Spring Mix and Shamrock Green.  I created the little flower pot myself, drawing out the pot, cutting two, gluing together on the edges, sponging with distress ink and then added my flowers and adhered to the card.  I decided I'd use part of one of the verses in the Sew Special set and make a little lawn sign with it. 

Diorama-porch-side-detail

I love creating things that are a bit different!  This was a lot of fun!  Almost like playing with a doll house!  I hope you enjoyed it!

My sister has gone home and now I am packing for my trip!  Busy, busy, busy!  However, I have worked ahead and do have several things I'll be showing you during the coming days.  I hope you are enjoying your summer and that it's not as fiercely hot where you are!!!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - Colour*, AiFactory -  Anything Goes,  Sassy Studio Designs - Lets get sentimental - Use a sentiment on the front, Paper Crafting Journey - photo inspiration*, Crafts and Me - #46 anything goes, Creative Belli -  #123 non-paper materials metal brad, silk flowers), Paper Shelter Challenge - #25 flowers, Anything Goes Challenge -  Flowers, Crazy Amigo Challenge - Anything goes, Paper Take Weekly - Anything goes with optional metal, Alota Rubber Stamps -  Tic Tac Toe* (I chose middle down: brad, stamp, flowers), Craft Your Passion - Anything goes, Kaboodle Doodles - in the Garden, Nettie G's Digital Gems - Fancy Folds

Hugs and blessings,

45 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what to say, it's fabulous!!!

Clare Curcio said...

Very, very cool! Love it!

velta said...

Okay Grace You have my attention!!! This is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen in my 4 years of blogging with paper crafts! This is making me envy you...your creativity is blowing me away...I don't know what else to say, except...I LOVE THIS!!

Benzi said...

What a beautiful and inviting scene. Looks like a cottage with lovely flowers. Just a super creation.

Hot is not the word....104 degrees in my part of Alabama yesterday and we're having 110 and over humidities. But, it's cool in the craft room. :-)

Cindy Lou said...

Grace, you have out did yourself this time. This is absolutely gorgeous and very inviting. It is fun to do something a little differnt everyonce and a while and you did a great job. Thanks for sharing I am so very happy I just stopped by to see what you might be up to ;)

NancyD said...

Grace,
This creation is just amazing. You are so inspiring!!!

Tami B. said...

I super duper love this idea!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful, peaceful garden scene you've created, Grace! gorgeous card! When I taught art classes, I had students create dioramas--great memories!

Laura said...

This is beautiful! Love the details including the grass and flower arrangement in the pot. Great job.

Thanks for playing NettieG's Digital Gems Challenge http://nettiegsdandydigitalgems-challengeblo.blogspot.com/

Polly said...

Que espectacular te ha quedado la tarjeta, ese efecto 3D se ve estupendo. cuantos detalles hermosos.
CariƱos.
manualidadespolly.blogspot.com

Sharon Peele said...

Grace, This is fantastic!! I wish I could come up with such amazing projects like you do!!

Anonymous said...

Grace, I can't even think of words, this is just so creative, so beautiful and cheerful, lucky for the person receiving it.

Hugs, Lori m

Jodi said...

This is just amazing! I am very impressed. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges!
Hugs,
Jodi

Becky said...

I am speechless...:) This is one amazingly fabulous creation.

Livert said...

WOW. Amazing card. I love the little flowerpot and the door end the flowers and the window.... I love everything about it i think, hihi....
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week. Hope to see you back next week..

Hugs Liv

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Nannieflash said...

Stunning card love that scene with the window. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Karen W said...

Wow this is amazing, thanks for sharing this with Creative Belli, what a treasure!

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

What a beautiful and unique project! TFS! And Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Anne Temple said...

WOW! Stunning creation and very creative!! Love everything about it. So glad you joined us for the anything goes challenge at AiFactory this month.

NettieG said...

How very beautiful in design, embellishment and sentiment! It is so wonderful to see so many Christian ladies, and men, online. I,too, am a Child of the Kind!
Hugs,
Nettie
of
NettieG's DGs

Leanne said...

Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us, what a beautiful project. Thanks for entering it in 4 Crafty Chicks. Simply breath-taking!

Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks!

Marie said...

So adorable and then some!

Thank for participating in the Alota Challenge!

Sara said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! That is stunning, thanks for playing along with SSD!

gina g said...

Wow what can i say? amazing work. Fabulous creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Shirley N said...

Amazing creation, just fabulous Grace!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is so beautiful - love all your vibrant colours and all the delightful details :-)
Trust you enjoy your trip.
Blessings
Maxine

Lori Turner said...

Wow! What an incredible project! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Anonymous said...

WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
You had to have heard the intake of my breath and then my saying, "OOOOOOOOOOO WWWOOOOWWWW!!!" I will have to come back and study, study this one. THIS is B-U-T- FUUULLLLLLL!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Jean McGee

Linda Carson said...

Brilliant! It's jaw-dropping gorgeous!

Steph said...

What a stunning stunning card!!! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Julie said...

Wow! what a gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at SSD
Hugs,
julie

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowwww Grace,This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, this is just gorgeous! you really outdid yourself!
thanks so much for playing along in the Kaboodle Doodles 'In the Garden' challenge this week! :)

Caroljenks said...

WOW! You are one talented crafter! Gorgeous!

Carol x

Ellis said...

Wonderful card, fabulous idea thanks for joining us at NettieG's digital gems! =)
Hugs, Elenor

joy said...

So very pretty and so very well done! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Tamie said...

Way to cool! I am loving everything about your project! Rockin. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Ali said...

This creation is just amazing and i really love your cards....
plastic cards
clear business cards

Jacki Daniels said...

What a beautiful creation I really love it thanks for taking the time to join us at PCJ this week
Jacki xx

Auntie Em said...

Your front porch diorama card is just gorgeous! The details are all amazing. Sooo pretty.
Thank you for sharing and inspiring! :)

Nana said...

Me encana esa ventana, me fascina estĆ” tan hermosa, como podrĆ­a obtenerla, me gustarĆ­a que la compartas conmigo, o si la vendes, me dices que hacer, porfa.

Elizabeth said...

This is so creative! I love it!

usman said...

color combination is so good in cards and i love " a day hammed in prayer" card because its natural look.
membership cards

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a fantastic creation. I landed here from google and boy was I blown away by this 3 D work. I love unusual stuff just like you!
Cheers from India
Sonia