Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Lord Sustains Me - Customer Favorites release!

Fancy-tag-collage

 Hello my blogging friends!  I am FINALLY home!  It seems like I've been gone forever and even though I had created lots of cards to post in my absence, I really missed getting around to see all your creations and I look forward to getting caught up!

Today I am excited to be sharing a Scripture verse from the Our Daily Bread designs Second Customer Favorites set, Scripture Series 2, as well as a matching frame set, Scrolly Borders!  There are some wonderful verses in this set!!!  I chose SU! Blushing Bride for my base and BasicGrey Curio for my designer paper.  The paper is a  pretty collage of gorgeous elements that I didn't want to cover, so I did very little layering with this card.  I stamped the sentiment and frame on Gina K cs and colored the frame with Copic R11 and G82.  I cut two Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two from Papertrey Chocolate cs, cut and adhered to the back to frame the image still more.  I used my finger to rub  some metallic gilding  onto the frame to age it and give it more depth.  Unfortunately it doesn't show well in the photo.  I used some real old seam binding and sprayed with Pearl Glimmer Mist, wrinkled and dried before making my bow.  I added a single Wild Orchid rose and some Recollections pearls.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Craft Us Crazy - Anything goes in August, Paper Crafting Journey - 2 Anything Goes, Shelly's Images -Show Us what you got (anything goes,) Stamp Insanity -Anything goes, Stampin' B's - JFF - Distressing (distress inks around edges and gilding on frame),Kelley Kid's -  pink and brown, Paper and Such Design Sentiment Only, Try It On Tuesday - Anything Goes, Paper Take Weekly - Bingo* (center down)

Thanks for having a look!  Have a blessed week!
hugs,

26 comments:

Julie said...

Gosh is this just absolutely fantastic! The papers and the ribbon and just everything about it is perfect. Thanks for playing along at Paper and Such...hope to see you back again!

JenMarie said...

Oh wow, how beautiful! So glad you played along at Paper and Such!!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!! I have serious card envy over this card. It's so eye catching! Thanks for playing in our Anything Goes challenge this time at PCJ.

Lisa x

Kary said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love every detail esp the comforting verse.

Nikki Byrne said...

Such a stunning creation! Thank you for sharing it with us at Kelley kid's challenge this week. Good luck. Hugs

Nikki DT

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Grace! I love that paper and have been hoarding mine for ages now! Your bow and flower are gorgeous and you've showcased the wonderful verse perfectly! Welcome back, my friend! Hugs!

Sugar said...

very pretty! Thanks for playing along with Stampinsanity!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Gorgeous Grace! All the details are lovely!

Tammylee said...

Very pretty love all the layers. Your bow is awesome. Cute card, thanks for playing along with us this week at Kelley Kid's.

Tammylee
DT Coordinator
Kelley Kid's

Unknown said...

Hi Grace, I love this gorgeous card. That cut out rose is just so pretty and all those layers and colours, brilliant. Hugs, Frea

Angela Weimer said...

Such a lovely card. Love all the details and layers. Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and have a great day. Angela

Joanne (jojot) said...

THUD

THUD

THUD

That is my jaw dropping at the beauty of this...wow

kbrandy4 said...

Stunning card Grace! Thank you for joining us girls at Kelley Kids challenge.

Hugs Hazel KKDTxx

I have candy here http://hazelshandmadecrafts.blogspot.com/2011/08/10000-blog-hits-candy.html

Becky said...

What..you come right home after vacation and create something so fabulous!!!This is just stunning, gorgeous details.

Clare said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!

Janice M said...

Beautiful! Love all those papera and that gorgeous bow and flower. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such!

MindyYoung said...

So pretty! I love the dsp, flower, ribbon and just about everything else you used! Thanks for playing with us at Paper and Such!

Taylor said...

Wow, Grace - this is beyond amazing! Thanks for playing along with us over at Paper and Such!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Grace!
The layout of your card is wonderful. so many things to look at. The colors are glorious.
Where would we be without the Lord's help. He surely will sustain us.
Hugs Maz

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous colors and fabulous details, Grace! Wonderful scripture card!

JenMarie said...

Oh how lovely! So glad you joined us at Paper and Such!

Bonna Kelley said...

This is just stunning! Such beautiful elements and colors all working together. Excellent work!
Thank you for joining us at the Kelley Kid's Challenge Blog.
Best of Luck,
Bonna

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! This is one amazing work of art!!! Such gorgeous details! The person that receives this card is one lucky individual! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us over at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

PatR said...

Fantastic creation. Thank you for sharing it with us for the TioT challenge this week. xx

Unknown said...

Wow Grace, beautiful as always! I'm so glad that you joined us at Shelly's Images Anything Goes Challenge and I hope we see more of your creations in the future!

~Heather
Kurly-Q

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at StampInsanity this week, hope to see you again soon :D