Wednesday, August 10, 2011

LOC Royal Bouquet for you!

Royal-Bouquet-of-Posies

Hello friends!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

I have a card I made before I left for vacation using last month's new release from Layers of Color, May Bouquet cling stamp, and Royal Birds Clear Stamp Set.  I just love the newest release... well, I love them all, but I really had fun playing with these! 

I stamped my image with Memento Ink on Cryogen White and colored with Prisma Pencils, blending with Odor Free Mineral Spirits.  What I love about the Cryogen is that it has a shimmer to it so the paper itself gives that shimmer to your projects!  I normally use it with Copics, but today I just tried it with Prismas.... it's been a while since I gave them some love!  Anyhoo.... I cut it out and monted it on this Cheery Lynn Canadian Kaliedoscope Doily, and accented with the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish.  LOVE these dies!!!  I then stamped the two birds from the Royal Birds set, and colored them with Copics, and I used Spica glitter pens on all the images.  I mounted the images onto a piece of designer paper from BasicGrey's Sparkling Spring pad, which is on a base of SU! Blush Blossom.  (So glad I got a pack before it was discontinued!!!)  The ribbon is May Arts Silk.  

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Anything goes, Die Cuttin' Divas - must include a Die-cut - #27 Garden Challenge, Make it Monday - always Anything Goes, Make My Monday -  Birds or Bugs, Card Cupids - 2W - Buttons and/or Ribbon, Gingerloft make it sparkle (flowers are done with Spica glitter pens), Opus Gluei - No sentiment allowed, Catch The Bug - 3E, SIO -  August Anything goes Challenge, Little Claire's  -  #11 Things With Wings - Till 12th August, Make it colorful must include colouring -  #29 Colour with Pink, Paper Creator's Crafts - All about Flowers, Clearly Inspired -  things with wings, Fabulous Friday - color in an image, Mami Doodles -  flowers, Raise The Bar - anything goes, Craft Us Crazy -  Anything goes in August



I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did creating it!  Thanks for all the encouragement you always give!  It means so much!!!

A blessing from the Word today:
Matt. 11:28 "Come to Me, all of you who carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

Hugs,

30 comments:

Ann said...

Absolutely stunning! The colors are beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!

Jacqueline said...

Thank you so much for joining in at Make My Monday this week however to be considered for judging our rules state that you should only enter our challenge plus 5 others. It's a gorgeous card the colours are lovely - please join us again next time - Jacqueline xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beautiful - love the green and apricot contrast, and the cut outs are so delicate...
Blessings
Maxine

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace,

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Absolutely gorgeous Grace!! So elegant!! I just love it!! I have to get those dies!!

Had a great time with you this week my friend!!I hope you have a great time with your dear hubby!! Talk to you soon!!

hugs,
Chris

Cassie said...

Very lovely, Grace! Your birds are so sweet flying around that bouquet. Thanks for joining us for CIC#33 :D

Maggie Lamarre said...

absolutely stunning colours.
I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
Have a great week,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Linda Carson said...

STUNNING!

Dawn Frost said...

Wow, I love everything about this card! The birds, flowers, bow, everything! Thanks for joining us at CIC33.

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty - what a gorgeous bouquet
Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
Lisa x

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Grace! I love the colors and the beautiful images, which, of course, you've colored perfectly! Thanks so much for the beautiful card! It really made me smile at a time when I really needed it! I'm still unpacking, but getting there, slowly but surely. Hugs to you, my friend!

Misty Olsen said...

WoW!!! What is left to say about your beautiful creation??? I am so impressed with your card...I am so happy to shared your project with us this week at DCD!!!

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Georgiana said...

What a lovely bouquet! Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week. Hope you will be back again.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations
Die Cuttin' Diva Design Team Member

Sharon Peele said...

Grace, I love your card, the birds are wonderful!! Have an awesome time on vacation!! You will have to tell us all about it!!

Mickie said...

Love this Grace and you are being an enabler gf, I just gotta have that die!! LOL

Betty Wright said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! Beautiful colors and detailing! Lovely card!

velta said...

Hi Grace~ This is gorgeous! I love the way you colored with your pencils...my fave when it comes to coloring. Those birds look stunning with the different colors and the pink...my goodness you have inspired me with this creation...I need birds now!!! TFS and have a wonderful weekend my friend!

Becky said...

This is stunning Grace. Love the the bouquet tied with that gorgeous bow.

Ida said...

This is beautiful. Love how elegant it is.

Creative Diva said...

This is stunning. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Kerrie said...

Stunning card, great image and colouring. love the bow holding the flowers together.

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Perfect combo of images.

Cre8tiveVet said...

Simply beautiful! So much detail. Thanks for joining us at DCD. Also I really love your blog music. -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Kathy D. said...

What a beautiful card! As soon as it came up I said, "wow".
Thanks for playing "things with wings" with us at www.clearlyinspired.typepad.com
Hope to see you Friday when challenge #34 is released.

Wordbird said...

Grace, I'm so happy you shared this card with us. I am in love with the focal image colored with the Prismas! Makes it so soft and lovely. Hope ypur vacation is nice! Hugs

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautiful doily as your backdrop....stunningly feminine and beautiful creation

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh Grace!!! This is gorgeous and I love how you have combined it with Royal Birds. WOW!! I hope you are enjoying your anniversary. big hugs,
Melisa

Ren-Yi said...

Beautiful and stunning flowers and birds. I love the colors so much. Thanks for playing along with us at Mami Doodles.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

eeeks! Beautiful, beautiful!

Merilee Lane said...

Beautiful work, as always. Thanks, Grace, for sharing. I look forward to your posts daily. :o)

Merilee
merileelane.blogspot.com