Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Shabby Chic Project and Tutorial

Hello friends!  Today I created a little tutorial over on the ODBD Blog on how I created this wood framed art piece. I used several of this month's release  as well as several older sets, including Recipe Card Lines Happy Marriage Recipe, Kind Hearts, Sentiments Collection, Sweet William Small, Love, Sewn with LoveI also used this month's ODBD Custom Recipe  & Tags Die, ODBD Custom Apron, &Tools DieThe focal point   is an accordian style file with recipe cards insdie, and I give the full tutorial on that, as well as the basic steps used to create this entire piece.  I hope you'll come over and have a look!

Here are a few close ups:











Thanks so much for stopping by... and I hope you'll come see my tutorial HERE!

16 comments:

marion said...

Wowwww, this is awesome, love it, hugs, Marion

Esther Asbury said...

So VERY beautiful!!! It would go nicely in my mom's room -- maybe I'll have to try my hand at something similar one day!

Judy said...

God has to be smiling down on you. These are fabulous, and beautiful to look at.

Love them!

xo

Carla S. said...

Your project is absolutely stunning, Grace! Gorgeous papers and images and embellishments! All I can say is WOW! It's so beautiful! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Incredible! I love every bit of detail, fabulous project.

Hugs, Lori m

ednamburgess said...

Perfect in every way. Just in time for a wedding card I have to make in May. Thanks for the great idea. Love the sayings and the way you've put it all together. Edna

scrappingnana said...

Wow, what a fabulous project. Love all the gorgeous details.

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Grace...this is GORGEOUS!! I love all the lil tidbits...and soft colours!!
Hugs

Clare said...

What an awesome project! great idea, and beautiful work, Grace!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April said...

This is really beautiful! Great job!

Queen Mary said...

Grace, thank you so much for this tutorial! You are amazing!

Kathy said...

Grace, this is just amazing!!! I could sit and look at this for hours! What a labor of love this is! I can't wait to check out your tutorial on this and try it out! AWESOME job!!! Blessings! Kathy

Sparkly Engineer said...

I saw this on the odb blog and had to come and see it on your blog. It is totally epic

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an absolutely stunning project Grace!! I just love your use of the coupon holder, your shabby chic design, the distressing, and all your sentiments. You truly are amazing!
hugs,
Chris

Diana Nguyen said...

Just WOW!!! The colors are so soft and pretty and so many details that I can't imagine the time and thought that went into it.